PDA

View Full Version : Alt.Relocation bracket for LT1's

Firefighter Z
03-20-2008, 08:50 PM
Looking for Alternator relocation bracket for my LT1.

Looking at Driverside lower mount where the air pump used to be or passenger side where AC compressor was.

I don't know where I can find these or how I could make one.

Z28Roxy
03-20-2008, 09:46 PM
Check camaroz28.com, there's a guy who sells them there - or at least used to.

Firefighter Z
03-20-2008, 10:31 PM
I have seen those and the prices are a little outrageous....

If someone had the demensions of the bracket, I could have my Step-Dad machine one out for me.

Beagle
03-21-2008, 02:09 AM
whats wrong where it is mounted now? its easy to take off in the factory location. the only real reason i can think of to move it is to be able to route the spark plug wires easier. whats the reason you want to move it?

Z28Roxy
03-21-2008, 07:39 AM
whats wrong where it is mounted now? its easy to take off in the factory location. the only real reason i can think of to move it is to be able to route the spark plug wires easier. whats the reason you want to move it?

Only reason I can see is possibly making room for a boosted setup :wow

Yeah the alternator blocks the #2 plug, but it's so easy to take off the alternator who cares? Especially if you're using iridium plugs that will last 100,000 miles.

Beagle
03-21-2008, 08:39 AM
Only reason I can see is possibly making room for a boosted setup :wow

Yeah the alternator blocks the #2 plug, but it's so easy to take off the alternator who cares? Especially if you're using iridium plugs that will last 100,000 miles.

not talking about blocking a plug. i am talking about how all the passenger side plug wires run underneath the alternator. i know josh is smart and isnt running gay iridium plugs.

Z28Roxy
03-21-2008, 08:52 AM
not talking about blocking a plug. i am talking about how all the passenger side plug wires run underneath the alternator. i know josh is smart and isnt running gay iridium plugs.

You're thinking of platinum plugs. Iridium work quite well.

And over the valve cover wires ftw.

Beagle
03-21-2008, 09:04 AM
You're thinking of platinum plugs. Iridium work quite well.

And over the valve cover wires ftw.

well im sure they do for a stock motor. i like paying under 15 bucks for ngk tr55's or tr6's. ANYWAYS, this thread isnt about "iridum plugs and how much of a waste they are."

Josh if anything get the relocation brackets that drop the alternator down. i like they way it looks when its farther down. good luck buddy. ill keep an eye out for you as usual :thumbsup

Z28Roxy
03-21-2008, 09:18 AM
well im sure they do for a stock motor. i like paying under 15 bucks for ngk tr55's or tr6's.

I paid under $16 for T55IXs. RAWR!

And plenty run them on motors with power adders. Oh and actually, don't I have a non-stock motor yet you do (or do you have valvetrain or bottom end parts)? Hehehe, just saying.

Josh if anything get the relocation brackets that drop the alternator down. i like they way it looks when its farther down. good luck buddy. ill keep an eye out for you as usual :thumbsup

Anyway, I found this for him. How to DIY!

http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/showthread.php?t=518959

juicedimpss
03-21-2008, 09:31 AM
And plenty run them on motors with power adders.

alot of people jump in front of trains too.

Z28Roxy
03-21-2008, 09:34 AM
alot of people jump in front of trains too.

Well yeah I suppose it's a logical fallacy to say "a lot of people do X so it's okay to do X".

Yet at the same time I fail to hear of an sufficient links of motor problems and running iridium spark plugs. No conclusive studies that say they're bad. Yet there are some that say they are good.

If you want to show me a scientific study that shows they suck I'll stand corrected though.

Beagle
03-21-2008, 09:40 AM

And plenty run them on motors with power adders. Oh and actually, don't I have a non-stock motor yet you do (or do you have valvetrain or bottom end parts)? Hehehe, just saying.

since when do iridium plugs cost $1.69? :rolf

seems your a real expert on stock lt1's.

tell you what if you want a piece of the beaglemobile all you got to do is ask. although i would suggest not racing me until you have a cage.:devil

Beagle
03-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Well yeah I suppose it's a logical fallacy to say "a lot of people do X so it's okay to do X".

Yet at the same time I fail to hear of an sufficient links of motor problems and running iridium spark plugs. No conclusive studies that say they're bad. Yet there are some that say they are good.

If you want to show me a scientific study that shows they suck I'll stand corrected though.

Ill show you a survey that shows you suck :loser

Z28Roxy
03-21-2008, 09:45 AM
since when do iridium plugs cost $1.69? :rolf

$1.99 you mean :D Sale at checker last year :thumbsup

seems your a real expert on stock lt1's.

Eh, all I said was technically my LT1 is not stock (rockers and springs).

tell you what if you want a piece of the beaglemobile all you got to do is ask. although i would suggest not racing me until you have a cage.:devil

I wasn't calling you out for a race.

Beagle
03-21-2008, 09:49 AM
$1.99 you mean :D Sale at checker last year :thumbsup

Eh, all I said was technically my LT1 is not stock (rockers and springs).

I wasn't calling you out for a race.

last time i checked ngk iridum plugs started at 5$ and went to $11. which is what they list for on summit.

Z28Roxy
03-21-2008, 09:52 AM
last time i checked ngk iridum plugs started at 5$ and went to $11. which is what they list for on summit.

I am well aware of this. There was a sale at checker last year though. $1.99 a plug.

I might be able to find the receipt for it :goof

Beagle
03-21-2008, 09:54 AM
I am well aware of this. There was a sale at checker last year though. $1.99 a plug.

I might be able to find the receipt for it :goof

yea you do that. ill find the survey that says you suck. :banana

Z28Roxy
03-21-2008, 10:04 AM
yea you do that. ill find the survey that says you suck. :banana

Oh no you din't! :wooo :rolf

Beagle
03-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Oh no you din't! :wooo :rolf

Now here is a post worth some value. does this mean we can get back to the thread topic? cool thanks :thumbsup

Z28Roxy
03-21-2008, 10:15 AM
Now here is a post worth some value. does this mean we can get back to the thread topic? cool thanks :thumbsup

I posted a link for him that says how he can do it himself. Exactly what he wanted. :confused

Beagle
03-21-2008, 10:17 AM
I posted a link for him that says how he can do it himself. Exactly what he wanted. :confused

yea but not quite.......:stare

Z28Roxy
03-21-2008, 10:50 AM
yea but not quite.......:stare

What why not?

Beagle
03-21-2008, 11:43 AM
What why not?

all he really needs are the dimensions.

Firefighter Z
03-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the link!

Anyway, I found this for him. How to DIY!

http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/showthread.php?t=518959