PDA

View Full Version : windows xp help

SouthSide1
03-20-2008, 06:51 PM
need a computer geek to help me out j/k it doesnt want to save my wireless settings onmy laptop i have a old ibm thinkpad t23 i think please help out if you could

ND4SPD
03-20-2008, 06:57 PM
You need to be a little more specific than that. I have an R32 so maybe I can help you.

slickwilly
03-20-2008, 08:21 PM
What do you mean? Like, it doesn't remember those settings when you restart the computer, so you have to reconnect manually? There should be a checkbox to remember or reconnect at login. Other than that, I have no idea.

SouthSide1
03-22-2008, 05:23 PM
thats what i have to do it doesnt remember that i checked the box so every time i restart i have to do it manually

wikked
03-22-2008, 05:37 PM
Did you install the software that came with the wireless card (if any?) and use it's settings, that might help.

Go to the brands website and download the latest software/drivers as well, that could also help.

slickwilly
03-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Did you install the software that came with the wireless card (if any?) and use it's settings, that might help.

Go to the brands website and download the latest software/drivers as well, that could also help.
Generally speaking, the software that comes with wireless cards is junk. If you're going to go that route, use windows to install the driver only.

I've got an XP laptop with built-in wireless right here so I'm booting it up to poke around and see if I can find anything that might help you.