PDA

View Full Version : Circuit City Can DIE!!! TV guys inside!

Breecher_7
03-20-2008, 03:49 PM
Short Short Version

Samsung 56" DLP TV, 1 year old

TV made a poping sound. Now when i turn it on it makes sounds as if a electric motor is trying to repeatedly start. But obviously it doesnt. TV is under warranty but im getting dicked around becuse im not in there "service area" and they have to try to find somone to come out here to look at it and it may take a week or so. Kinda F'ed up considering when I purchased that plan they said I could just bring the TV in and have them look at it and if it was repairable they would give me a loaner and if it wasnt they would just swap it out.

Now there saying they no longer do that and I have to wait for someone to come out and look at it.

Great way to stick to your policies and take care of the customer huh?

If anyone knows the issue and its cheap enough and can be found locally ill just pay for it myself and get this fixed. If not, im out my TV till they get out here wich means im gonna go buy a new one and return it when this is fixed!!!!

Z06 KID
03-20-2008, 03:50 PM
thats why i go to best buy

ND4SPD
03-20-2008, 03:52 PM
With most places like CC and Best Buy, there is no *safe* way for them to ship it to the service centers from the stores. It would get trashed. If you're not getting any sound it could be an issue with the electronics, in which case it's not going to be cheap. I haven't worked on a DLP before though so my knowlege with them is limited.

I worked for Best Buy for two and a half years... any TV over... I think 25" requires in-home service (if you have a service plan on it) because as I said, they can't ship them from the stores.

CobraSnake
03-20-2008, 03:54 PM
does you TV not turn on at all???

Breecher_7
03-20-2008, 04:01 PM
does you TV not turn on at all???

Tries to power up, but wont. Makes an electric motor sound as it always does but will not complete its start up. Keeps re-trying then just shuts down.

I know nothing of TV's

Crawlin
03-20-2008, 04:13 PM
yep, thought it was at 32" they don't want you bringing them in the stores.

funny thing, is it was more for the consumer's sake of having to lug around a huge TV that they switched the policy. not everyone has a huge 2500HD :)

Breecher_7
03-20-2008, 04:33 PM
yep, thought it was at 32" they don't want you bringing them in the stores.

funny thing, is it was more for the consumer's sake of having to lug around a huge TV that they switched the policy. not everyone has a huge 2500HD :)

It fit fine in the 1500....... :rolf

Crawlin
03-20-2008, 04:34 PM
hahahahaha.

i do agree though that a loaner should be present. i'd call back and say, "well you better have a replacement tv in the truck in case this one is fubar, because i'm not waiting for a 2nd trip out here with a new one later on"

haha

Heat Seeker WS6
03-20-2008, 04:49 PM
Nice.... add another to the list of 'satisifed' Shitty City customers when stuff goes wrong.

Breecher_7
03-20-2008, 04:50 PM
Nice.... add another to the list of 'satisifed' Shitty City customers when stuff goes wrong.

Hey, your one of the electronics guys. Fix my TV!!! :alcoholic

Heat Seeker WS6
03-20-2008, 04:54 PM
lol I dont fix TV's

BUT- Ill gladly help you chuck it over the customer service counter!

Breecher_7
03-20-2008, 04:58 PM
Well i dont want to chuck it, i like my TV. I just want the ***** fixed or replaced in a timely manner. The manner that was promised. Such as a loaner till its fixed and a service call within 48hrs. Doesnt look as if either will happen.

Josepy
03-20-2008, 05:04 PM
thats why i go to best buy

best buy is garbage. they dont even have there own people that fix tv's my dad waited 3 months for them to repair his tv and then they ended up telling him they lost it. he was given a credit for the full price of his tv when he bought it new 6 years ago.

Josepy
03-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Tries to power up, but wont. Makes an electric motor sound as it always does but will not complete its start up. Keeps re-trying then just shuts down.

I know nothing of TV's

did you try unplugging it from the wall. mine did what yours is doing once. i powered it all the way down ands unplugged it from the wall for 5 mins. been working perfect since. over a year ago.

USMARINE1108
03-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Man, that sucks. I feel for you. I can't stand crappy customer service.

SlowMotion
03-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Flanners's FTW!!! :thumbsup I will never go back to CC or best buy to buy electronics...:chair:

Windsors 03 Cobra
03-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Samsung BP96-00250A Color Wheel
Samsung Part Number: BP9600250A

* Brand New Original Samsung Part
* You may need to replace you color wheel if your DLP television set starts making a buzzing sound which can only be caused by the only 2 moving parts inside the television, the color wheel or the cooling fan.
* This is a consumer replaceable part for fast and easy installation.
* This color wheel works with the following Samsung models:

HLM4365W
HLM437W
HLM5065W
HLM507W
HLM507WX
HLM617W
HLN4365W
HLN4365W1X
HLN4365WX
HLN437W
HLN437W1X
HLN467W
HLN467WX
HLN5065W
HLN5065WX
HLN507W
HLN507W1X
HLN507WX
HLN567W
HLN567WX
HLN617W
HLN617W1X
HLN617WX
HLP4674W
HLP5674W
HLP5674WX/XAA
HLR4677W
HLR5677W

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Samsung-Color-Wheel-BP9600250A-BP96-00250A-DLP-TVs_W0QQitemZ370031800010QQihZ024QQcategoryZ61407Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Yooformula
03-20-2008, 08:38 PM
bulb dead? sounds like what our plasma did at work when it died.

HITMAN
03-20-2008, 10:01 PM
My niece has the same TV and at about the same amount of ticks on the clock the color wheel blew up, so I believe Windsor's is right. Fortunately for her, she bought the overpriced extended warranty, so the parts and labor were covered. That didn't stop them from jagging her around for about a month before fixing it. :rolleyes: I believe she bought it from Worst Buy...:punch:

ND4SPD
03-20-2008, 10:09 PM
best buy is garbage. they dont even have there own people that fix tv's my dad waited 3 months for them to repair his tv and then they ended up telling him they lost it. he was given a credit for the full price of his tv when he bought it new 6 years ago.

And that's garbage? :Confused He gets to buy a brand new TV for what he paid 6 years ago... Probably made out like a bandit. That's one nice thing about the PSPs is that if it gets lost or breaks more than 3 times, they give you a voucher for the purchase price. Yes, those damn service centers can be our worst enemies. I have had to deal with customers that have had stuff lost by the service center (or not fixed, or damaged, etc...)

Josepy
03-20-2008, 10:23 PM
And that's garbage? :Confused He gets to buy a brand new TV for what he paid 6 years ago... Probably made out like a bandit. That's one nice thing about the PSPs is that if it gets lost or breaks more than 3 times, they give you a voucher for the purchase price. Yes, those damn service centers can be our worst enemies. I have had to deal with customers that have had stuff lost by the service center (or not fixed, or damaged, etc...)

he had to call corporate. plus they jerked him around for 3 months. yeah he made out but they never took care of him until he went higher up

79SS
03-21-2008, 02:42 PM
I heard a rumor from someone, that circuit city may close.Anyone else hear this rumor?

Jeff
03-21-2008, 05:03 PM
I have had trouble with CC in the past. I bought a brand new laptop and after about 2 years (I got the service plan with it) the computer would no longer turn on. The customer service (at a store location) said they can't cover it, that a virus caused the problem, and that it is completely my fault. I took it back twice and made sure I talked to a manager and different people each time, but I still didn't get any results. So I contacted the Fox 6 investigators and explained my situation to them and how I felt like I was getting the shaft, in about a week I got a response that unless there are multiple situations they can't really do to much. They did however send them a very aggressively worded letter with threats they had no plans of following through with. Well about two days went by after they sent the letter and I received a box in the mail with a letter inside, "We're sorry for the inconvenience please send the laptop to us (postage paid) and we will resolve the issue. Within another week I had a computer with a brand new motherboard and hard drive in it. It really worked out good for me after that, but since then I have never purchased anything at CC let alone step foot in a store.

Flight_740
03-21-2008, 05:59 PM
Circuit citys whole goal when opening was to put Best buy out of business. Thats the reason they are right on top of the best buy stores. No such luck.

I have had no issues with circuit city yet though.

Undertaker
03-21-2008, 07:24 PM
You could always just bring the TV to CC and say when you called Customer Service they didn't say you couldn't bring it to the store.

Neal Steffek
03-21-2008, 07:50 PM
Circuit citys whole goal when opening was to put Best buy out of business. Thats the reason they are right on top of the best buy stores. No such luck.

I have had no issues with circuit city yet though.

Actually, CC has been around a lot longer then BB. A LOT longer. CC used to be THE place to go back in the 80's and 90's. There was even talk of CC buying BB out in the mid to late 90's, but it never happened. Then CC did something crazy and stupid. They got rid of all commission sales people and went on to hire sales people for min wage. The thought was why pay someone (like me at the time) $75K+ a year, when some kid will do it for $7 bucks an hour. This was back in 2002. And well, the rest is history.

Flight_740
03-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Neal, you worked there with a buddy of mine back in the day. He told me that was CC's game plan for the midwest. To bury Best buy.