PDA

View Full Version : What surgeries/procedures have you had?

Nix
03-20-2008, 12:52 PM
Saw something similar on another forum and I thought it was an intresting topic, what do ya say?

When I was 23 I blew my back out at work. I tried anyhting and everyhting to correct the issue. turns out that I had 3 ruptured discs in my lower back. I ended up biting the bullet and had a spinal fusion at age 24.

I had 2 of the three discs removed and a bone graph taken from my hip. 4 titanium cage were put in place of the removed discs and the harvested bone was packed in with them. I have an 8" incision on my tummy from about my belly button to my "pubes" :rolf area. I also have two 3" incisions on my lower back on each side of my spine.

Naturally I had hardware installed as well, that consisted of (2) 6" titanium rods and (6) titanium screws.

The worst was them cutting right through the meat on my stomach and having to pull out my guts to get to my spine. I devloped an Illius (sp?) afterwards and my intestines finally got back to working on their own which was a god send otherwise there would have to have been my cutting.

Thisngs are better now 4 1/2 years later but there was a price to be paid. When they cut me open the accidentially someway or another messed up some nerves that control me "busting a nut" and I can't ever have kids now.

Shit happens and life goes on.

So who else?

Mr Twigbert
03-20-2008, 12:55 PM
Well, I wanna get my nutz chopped but I haven't built up the courage yet..

Nix
03-20-2008, 01:01 PM

I may as well join you, let me if you ever decide to go through with it. I may as well have mine snipped too seeing as they are now usless. :banana1:

Atleast if I ever get accused of getting a chick pregnent she can kiss my ass cause it would be impossible!!:rolf

michelle
03-20-2008, 01:04 PM
I've had four knee surgeries. Two surgeries on each knee. I sprained my left pretty bad playing basketball and it never healed correctly, so when it got so bad that it was dislocating every day, I had the first surgery and they realigned everything and put a pretty screw in my leg. A year later I had the screw removed and they ground under my knee cap. Then the other knee started dislocating too, so I had the same two procedures done on that one. Then this past August I had a cyst removed and had my tonsils out. My insurance company loves me.

slickwilly
03-20-2008, 02:33 PM
I have a sweet scar running down my stomach from surgery on my ureter. Sucks cuz I'll never get my perfectly flat abs back ever again.

Josepy
03-20-2008, 02:58 PM
ive had 2 of my fingers sewn back on. Hernia surgery. I should of had more. Just never went to the doctor.

juicedimpss
03-20-2008, 04:12 PM
i had some stitches a few times,a cast on my leg/foot ,and i think thats all.

Korndogg
03-20-2008, 04:25 PM
fipped a dirtbike and saw my kneecap in the process. that was fun.

UnderPSI
03-20-2008, 05:45 PM
Had a 45' telephone pole fall on my knee cap, crushed all the cartilage and separated the cartilage from my knee cap. 5 surgeries and 9 cortazone shots later and it is alright. Not perfect, but as good as it's going to get I guess. If you look at them side by side, my left knee cap sits a half inch or so lower in my leg than the other one. Pole>Knee

slickwilly
03-20-2008, 05:50 PM
Gay pic, but you get the idear: http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f232/pyropizzle22/Me/?action=view&current=DCP_2276.jpg

Don't want to embed it and homo up the thread. :D It's faded a lot since I got surgery, but people still ask about it.

GinoRin
03-20-2008, 05:52 PM
3 Hernia Surgeries, left ACL and miniscus (knee) surgery last october from an idiot i was playing basketball with at the gym, and now 4/2/08 I'm going in for left ankle reconstruction (same basketball injury). Right in spring.. awsum.

lordairgtar
03-20-2008, 06:18 PM
Let's go for the gross factor! I had just moved into my apt in Muskego and messed up my insides moving heavy furniture by myself. That night, I'm talking on the phone with my ex GF and I am sitting on the throne. I get up after I do my "business" and I get dizzy. I look back into the john and it's full of blood and poo. I tell XGF to call ambulance. Wound up with diverticulitus in my colon. One of those things burst open and caused me grief. At the hospital, I am in the E-ward and the asshat attendant or whatever asks me if I have anal sex, three times he asks me this. I finally threaten him with never being able to father children. He didn't ask again. Now I am introduced to the wonderful world of colonoscopy. I get to drink an anti-freeze sized bottle of really nasty stuff. This procedure requires that they put twenty feet of garden hose equipped with a headlight and camera up ones anal orifice. I NEVER want to do that again, although my Doc keeps bringing it up. Sorry, I don't want to be raped by garden equipment.

Windsors 03 Cobra
03-20-2008, 06:19 PM
When I was 12 my left leg was lengthened 1 inch, took awhile.

6 pins screwed into the femur, a appliance then mount's to the pins, the femur is broken and lengthened almost a MM a day. Then the bone must regrow and reconnect, the muscle's must stretch and the pins must be cleaned 3 times a day with hy-perox and saline.

I wanted to keep the pins when it was all removed but they wouldn't let me, the pins were about 6" long, I did get to keep the appliance and have it still. I was happy to have legs the same length after the year of hell I had to endure getting it done.

Reverend Cooper
03-20-2008, 07:39 PM
I have had left knee scoped. a left shoulder that needs to be done have a level six a/c seperation but it works and feels fine so i said **** it. had to have a chest tube inserted in my right side when i punctured my lung and broke all the ribs on my right side. Thats all i got

Yooformula
03-20-2008, 08:45 PM
damm some nasty shit listed here. I just recently had my shoulder scoped and that sucked. There were plenty of times that I should have gone but was chicken shit, incl a broken hand, 8 broken fingers, lacaration on hand, peeled my skin off my elbow and pretty much shredded my knees. Alot of scar tissue later, luckily all I have is aches when its cold out.

GRAMPS SS
03-20-2008, 08:47 PM
lets see....knee surgery....love that scar....have a 10 inch scar on my right elbow area from ulnar nerve sugery...good drugs with that one....carpal tunnel surgery before that one...good drugs afterwards as well....sinus roto rootered....best drugs after that one.....all with in the last 10 years....can't wait till my next....

Slow Joe
03-20-2008, 09:33 PM
Stitches, and a broken wrist...

But I need to go in to have my ankle checked out, and I'm sure that won't end up being good...

stenchmiester
03-20-2008, 10:23 PM
2 knee surgerys one surgery on my altal claviscle in my right shoulder and now gettin a muscle repaired in a few weeks on the same shoulder double hernia when i was young had a pin put in my pink to hold a tendon down

Cutlass Queen
03-20-2008, 10:56 PM
Goin in for my first surgery on my sinuses in t=9 hours :(

MurphysLaw88GT
03-20-2008, 11:03 PM
a piece of steel ran down the bone of my left leg (knee too). fillet of leg. cut everything right off the bone. muscle, tendons, and artery (thank god i was right down the street from hospital!!!!!!). a billion stitches and whatever, 90 some staples, and whatever else they do....and an eternity in an immobilizer. sucked ass

Z28Envy
03-21-2008, 12:21 AM
I was riding my jetski about 8 years ago and there were a bunch of us racing next to each other. I was in the lead and didn't see a big wave coming and hit it going wide open. I flew way up in the air and I knew I was going to crash so I tried to get away from the jet ski. I bounced off of it with the side of my leg when I landed and it immediately swelled up. I somehow managed to crawl back on and get the shore. We loaded up and I drove home and laid around for a few days before going in to the ER. Doctor said it would get better and to just ice it and elevate it. Well the pain went away but the swelling never did. Me being the stubborn idiot I am never went back until it got infected and I got really sick. I had to have 2 surgeries to get out all the dead tissue from the hematoma. Good thing I didn't lose my leg. I now have a foot long scar on the side of my leg because I was to stupid to go back when the swelling didn't go away. The green smelly puss that they drained out of my leg was pretty nasty too!

VroomPshhTsi
03-21-2008, 12:43 AM
no surgeries for me... i'm the healthiest person in the world

Smokey1226
03-21-2008, 12:59 AM
too f-ing many. It almost makes me sad thinking about how many times ive been in the hospital in the last 5 years :*(

Al
03-21-2008, 03:11 AM
Hmm...I only have a minor few:

Two skin biopsies = two 1" scars on stomach and back

I lit my right foot on fire a few years ago when a fuel line connection let loose. I had all of the protective gear on, so it didn't seem that bad at the time, mainly 1 and 2 degree burns on an area the size of a football. The scar is still visible today and i will occasionally over-scratch at it while I am half-asleep (not paying attention). This sucks because then it will hurt like hell for the next 24-48 hours.

Daytonapacecar959
03-21-2008, 09:08 AM
Tore a liagament in my right thumb sliding hands first into second base when i was playing baseball.
Dislocated left shoulder,got it popped back in and for a year it felt really loose and finally got a surgery a year later for that.
And of course the gunshot wound,had a surgeries for that so far,and maybe one more coming.
So i got scars on my right thumb,left shoulder,and a big long scar on my left side where they went in to massage my heart to get it to start beating again and to repair the broken ribs and little x scars where the lung tubes where.

Waver
03-21-2008, 09:15 AM
I will more than likely have to have surgury soon, however untill the 8 million tests are done I cant....more to follow later

juicedimpss
03-21-2008, 09:22 AM
I will more than likely have to have surgury soon, however untill the 8 million tests are done I cant....more to follow later

did you finally sign up for the addadicktome?

:rolf

Waver
03-21-2008, 09:24 AM
hahaha.....naaaaaw I dont need that. one is enough for me

indyzmike
03-21-2008, 09:43 AM
Just had my third sinus surgery in January. I still don't feel better. Something else is wrong in my head. The trick is finding the right doctor to pinpoint the problem.

Want_Notch
03-21-2008, 10:02 AM
6 knee surguries, tore ACL's and MCL's in both. I need to get my shoulder fixed. I tore my rotator cuff when it was dislocated a few years ago. Stiches 13 times.

fivonut
03-21-2008, 10:14 AM

Did that 4 years ago, they are just for decoration now. Smartest thing I've ever done.

70 cutlass 442
03-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Had a 45' telephone pole fall on my knee cap, crushed all the cartilage and separated the cartilage from my knee cap. 5 surgeries and 9 cortazone shots later and it is alright. Not perfect, but as good as it's going to get I guess. If you look at them side by side, my left knee cap sits a half inch or so lower in my leg than the other one. Pole>Knee

Now i know why you had a cane for a couple years, i just thought you were trying to be a pimp like 50 cent and his magic stick

michelle
03-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Did that 4 years ago, they are just for decoration now. Smartest thing I've ever done.

Does insurance typically cover that procedure? Or is it an out-of-pocket thing? I'm sick of taking the pill and think Adam should do his part since we don't want kids to begin with. Can it be reversed if need be? I don't know a whole lot about it, obviously.

70 cutlass 442
03-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Does insurance typically cover that procedure? Or is it an out-of-pocket thing? I'm sick of taking the pill and think Adam should do his part since we don't want kids to begin with. Can it be reversed if need be? I don't know a whole lot about it, obviously.

not even married and off the testies go :wooo

michelle
03-21-2008, 10:26 AM
not even married and off the testies go :wooo

Hey, he is the one that for sure doesn't want kids, so I think he should be making the sacrifice. (:

juicedimpss
03-21-2008, 10:29 AM

Hey, he is the one that for sure doesn't want kids, so I think he should be making the sacrifice. (:

so it it mutual or is it him that doesnt want kids?

70 cutlass 442
03-21-2008, 10:31 AM
If he does it at that young of an age he sure the hell is brave, i on the other hand will have a loaded gun until my upper 80s

fivonut
03-21-2008, 10:33 AM

Depends, my insurance covered it 100% (Network Health). It can be reversed but that would be out of pocket and not guaranteed. If he does it tell him to follow doc's order's exactly. Sex on the third day is a VERY bad idea.

michelle
03-21-2008, 10:33 AM
so it it mutual or is it him that doesnt want kids?

It's mutual. Can you picture me with a kid? I'll teach them during the day, but by 3:15, they better be going to their own homes and not mine.