PDA

View Full Version : Selling Firearms in Online Auction

73Dustr
03-20-2008, 09:20 AM
Has anyone here sold guns on any of those online auction sites? I looked into it a little bit and realized you do not need an FFL to ship a firearm, but the person receiving it must have a valid FFL. I guess only certain carriers will even ship firearms anymore.

Basically my boss won 2 firearms at a DU banquet and wants to put them up on one of these sites. I do all the legwork and get a decent percentage of whatever they sell for. I would just like to know if anyone has used any of these sites and can recommend which one to go with.

Breecher_7
03-20-2008, 09:28 AM
I only sell firearms IN PERSON. Im not mailing anything of mine to anyone.

USMARINE1108
03-20-2008, 09:43 AM
Don't sell guns. Only buy.

But to answer your question, yes you need a copy of the signed FFL paperwork, and only send the firearm to the FFL. If you have any concerns about if the FFL is legit or not, call the ATF and they will tell you if it's a real dealer or not. Then, just take the rifle to the UPS store, declare to them what it is and they should know what to do (how to ship it etc).

If you don't feel comfortable shipping it yourself, state in the auction that the firearm must go from FFL to FFL at buyers expense. Any gun shop in the area will be more then happy to take your money, receive the FFL paperwork from the buyer, make sure it's a good address and ship it for you.

*also, no matter what, make sure you keep a copy of the buyers FFL and the shipping recipt/tracking number/delivery confirmation as long as you feel you need to. If it gets lost in shipping or the buyer says they never got it, you are covered. *

USMARINE1108
03-20-2008, 09:47 AM
I only sell firearms IN PERSON. Im not mailing anything of mine to anyone.

That is the way I perfer to do it myself, but there are many deals out there that a local shop or person can not/will not match.

USMARINE1108
03-20-2008, 09:50 AM
Oh yea, gunbroker is the most popular, but many people stay away from there because it's become the norm to sell things at high prices. There are many places online to sell a firearm, the best being sites specific to that type of firearm. If you want to let us know what the guns are, I could point you in the right direction. PM me if you'd like.

ND4SPD
03-20-2008, 10:43 AM
If the transaction happens interstate you pretty much have to ship it to an FFL. I`ve only bought ammo off of gunbroker and yes it seems like ridiculously high prices are the norm. Most auctions don`t even get bid on.

UnderPSI
03-20-2008, 05:47 PM
I would take a picture and post it up at the local gun clubs. Those guys are always looking.

limpimpg
03-21-2008, 12:06 AM
and the accepting ffl holder must accept from an non ffl holder.some will not accept gun.

lasttimearound
03-21-2008, 12:07 AM
which du guns did he win? my grandfather is a huge collector of du fire arms. my uncle is a chairman, as my grandfather does lots with his local chapter in IN. he might be interested and that way you could skip the auction. cant guarantee anything, but its worth a shot.

73Dustr
03-24-2008, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the input. The one is a 12 ga Browning Silver Hunter 70th Ed. DU Anniversary Shotgun. The other is a Henry Golden Boy 22LR with a DU thing screened on the stock. I was thinking of using gunbroker, what do you guys think?

USMARINE1108
03-25-2008, 07:36 AM
http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php for the Henry. I'm not too sure about the 12ga.

STANMAN
03-28-2008, 10:13 PM
Something to also keep in mind, unless they are the VERY high end DU guns, they won't bring a premium over the regular models.

STANMAN
03-28-2008, 10:14 PM
Oh, and love the name. I had a 73 Duster. Bronze with a white 340 stripe. (340, 4 speed. Best Duster combo you could get!!!!)