PDA

View Full Version : if you haven't been to an autocross at miller park

scobaru
03-18-2008, 02:06 AM
hers a video of what its like in a stock nissan 350z : )

enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17r8b7nM0Is

can't wait for the 08 season!

slickwilly
03-18-2008, 02:13 AM
http://www.wouldyouhitthis.com/smilies/wave.gif i r disgruntleddork22 from wyht.

Wow, that looks pretty fvckin cool. Long course, too.

Poncho
03-18-2008, 02:16 AM
yea I can see me mostly sideways and spinning out.

slickwilly
03-18-2008, 02:18 AM
yea I can see me mostly sideways and spinning out.
I was thinking the same. Good thing I have an open diff. lol

scobaru
03-18-2008, 02:23 AM
you see all kinds of cars at autocross if you've never been. theres a good number of mustangs and camaros and some vettes!

that car is just a stock Z I'm sure u can picture what its like in a faster modded car : )

its wroth wile checking out atleast once! I autocrossed when I was 17 and got hooked and all I could really think about was how to get faster. I've hooked a big number of friends too!

and its nice to see someone form wyht lol

Heat Seeker WS6
03-18-2008, 02:25 AM
was that an SCCA event? I dont remember the date- if so I was there w/ Andrew Canak hangin out w/ him & the Datsun.

I know Mark Hirt (from chicago region) pretty well, he works the Miller Park events. We race each other at CIR.

scobaru
03-18-2008, 02:28 AM
oh yah the guy who took nationals a few years, meaning the fastest autocrosser in the usa was a milwaukee guy. Darrel Padberg in a fox body mustang...

food for thought

scobaru
03-18-2008, 02:29 AM
was that an SCCA event? I dont remember the date- if so I was there w/ Andrew Canak hangin out w/ him & the Datsun.

I remember that course but I've been to so many of them I don't remember the dates and what not. I know canak I've helped him fix his impreza when he had it and saw him at matc when I was going there.

I had a chance to drive his miata! on the same set up that won him at nationals in sts2. His car made me want to buy a miata hahaha. have you driven it?

Heat Seeker WS6
03-18-2008, 02:40 AM
I remember that course but I've been to so many of them I don't remember the dates and what not. I know canak I've helped him fix his impreza when he had it and saw him at matc when I was going there.

I had a chance to drive his miata! on the same set up that won him at nationals in sts2. His car made me want to buy a miata hahaha. have you driven it?

Sweet!:thumbsup That was an awesome car, but I didnt get a chance to drive it- I couldnt fit in it!! :rolf
Im still missing that car- ya know he sold it?

Heat Seeker WS6
03-18-2008, 02:44 AM
I'll dig up my pics from last year & post them up - maybe I got the 350Z in it :headbang

scobaru
03-18-2008, 02:58 AM
I knew he was selling it, but I didn't know he sold it. I'm not surprized that it sold and I'm not surprized that he was selling it.

I'll build a miata one day. the subaru is to much for me, for now atleast...

Flicktitty
03-18-2008, 01:18 PM
what are the dates?

Chalky
03-18-2008, 01:25 PM
I went and watched a friend a couple of years ago. They ahd some shifter karts there. That looked like fun!

scobaru
03-18-2008, 01:43 PM
SCCA #1 Apr 20th (Sun). Results by class, Pro and RTP index.
Sponsor wanted
SCCA #2 May 18th (Sun). Results by class, Pro and RTP index.
Sponsor wanted
SCCA #3 Jun 8th (Sun). Results by class, Pro and RTP index.
Sponsor wanted
SCCA #4 Jul 19-20th (Sat/Sun) National Tour.
SCCA membership required.
Sponsor wanted
SCCA #5 Aug 16th (Sat) Results by class, Pro and RTP index.
Sponsor wanted
SCCA #6 Aug 17th (Sun) Results by class, Pro and RTP index.
Sponsor wanted
SCCA #7 Sep 21st (Sun) Results by class, Pro and RTP index.
Sponsor wanted
SCCA #8 Oct 12th (Sun) Results by class, Pro and RTP index.
Sponsor wanted

those are SCCA dates

WAI doesn't have dates up yet. some madison area sports car club and tri state guys run at miller park. I think chicago region SCCA runs at miller park some times too I think they did 2 events at miller.

Syclone0044
03-18-2008, 01:57 PM
hers a video of what its like in a stock nissan 350z : )

enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17r8b7nM0Is

can't wait for the 08 season!

Wow, how the hell do you tell where the track is? Looks very confusing!! I can just see myself following the line of the dark tire marks and going totally off course.

Prince Valiant
03-18-2008, 02:10 PM
i'm considering runnng the coronet in one...the problem is with 14 wheels and 4 wheel drum, manual steering, it'll be a beast...but still fun. I could do the CSX, but it needs a bit of work b/f it'll be ready...maybe later in the summer.

How much do they cost? Where can you register?

xxsn0blindxx
03-18-2008, 06:34 PM
LOL I would get lost and run off the track.

SSDude
03-18-2008, 08:21 PM
Wow, how the hell do you tell where the track is? Looks very confusing!! I can just see myself following the line of the dark tire marks and going totally off course.

X2

lilws6
03-18-2008, 08:32 PM
I took the ws6 there like the first few monhs i had it and it didn't fair too good couldn't get it to slide it just wanted to push so i had my fun and prolly won't take my drag car back there lol

turbogarrett
03-18-2008, 08:40 PM
Last time I went I had quite a few DNF's. Autox is fun, I just really have a hard time with the cones. :thumbsup to you guys who are good at it!

slickwilly
03-18-2008, 09:05 PM
You're supposed to show up early so you can walk the course and learn it before you actually run.

Here's the site, it has all the price information and stuff. http://www.scca-milwaukee.org/

lordairgtar
03-18-2008, 10:42 PM
I did auto X in the eighties with a street stock 76 AMC Hornet 304 V8. Lot's of fun. I was in the class with the Camaros and Challengers and Cudas and Firebirds plus the Monte Carlos and Chevelles. I could whip the Montes and Chevelles and Camaros. The little Mopars....not so much, but I was close. If my driving skills were better and I could afford better tires......

Prince Valiant
03-18-2008, 10:52 PM
torsion bars ftw!

I run X-HD t-bars with a 1.25 inch sway bar up front...and HD leaf's with 1 inch sway bar in the rear. Corners flat as a pool table...but I know it'd get killed at the auto-x!

scobaru
03-19-2008, 12:12 AM
its not as hard as it looks. you show up u walk the course then when u go out to drive its almost as if hteres only one direction you can go to. plus theres a ton of people there to help noobies along with instructors. milwaukee is THE BEST place u could possibly autocross at. We have the most national champs here and the most people who race AT nationals. the national tour goes though milwaukee too!