PDA

View Full Version : Lena Taylor Blocking Right To Defend your home

ND4SPD
03-17-2008, 07:39 PM
I think we need to put the screws to our gal Lena Taylor... I've already e-mailed her... suggest all of you do the same. It only takes a minute.

Badger State “Castle Doctrine” Bill Needs Your Help!

Monday, March 10, 2008

Please Contact the Senate Committee on Judiciary, Corrections, and Housing Today!

As we have reported, Wisconsin’s “Castle Doctrine” legislation (Assembly Bill 35) is currently stalled in the Senate Committee on Judiciary, Corrections, and Housing.

AB35 would permit law-abiding citizens to use force, including deadly force, against an attacker in their homes. It is clearly stated that there is no “duty to retreat” from an attacker, allowing law-abiding citizens to stand their ground to protect themselves and their family. AB35 also protects individuals from civil lawsuits by the attacker or the attacker’s family when force is used.

State Senator Lena Taylor (D-4), Chairwoman of the Senate Committee on Judiciary, Corrections, and Housing, is choosing politics over your right to self-defense and is refusing to have the bill heard before the committee. Please contact the members of the committee, especially Chairwoman Taylor, and respectfully urge that AB35 be given a fair up or down vote.

State Senator Lena Taylor (D-4), Chair
Phone: (608) 266-5810
Email: Sen.Taylor@legis.wisconsin.gov

State Senator Jim Sullivan (D-5), Vice-Chair
Phone: (608) 266-2512
Email: Sen.Sullivan@legis.wisconsin.gov

State Senator Kathleen Vinehout (D-31)
Phone: (608) 266-8546
Email: Sen.Vinehout@legis.wisconsin.gov

State Senator Mary Lazich (R-28)
Phone: (608) 266-5400
Email: Sen.Lazich@legis.wisconsin.gov

State Senator Glenn Grothman (R-20)
Phone: (608) 266-7513
Email: Sen.Grothman@legis.wisconsin.gov

SmokinRAM114
03-17-2008, 10:16 PM
**** that *****

jamest
03-17-2008, 10:30 PM
She is running for milwaukee county executive as well. If you thought Doyle was bad in jacking up taxes she is even worse.

Breecher_7
03-18-2008, 05:43 AM
LOL, you come in my house and threaten me. I dont care what the laws are, your rolling out the door in a body bag.

torque.hit
03-18-2008, 08:43 AM
LOL, you come in my house and threaten me. I dont care what the laws are, your rolling out the door in a body bag.

agreed. emailing her right away.

That_Guy
03-18-2008, 09:01 AM
i just called her office and told her sec that im a tax payer and that her not passing this legislation wont stop me from protecting my family if somebody broke in to my house..

torque.hit
03-18-2008, 09:05 AM
Just be respectful, she doesn't need to think we're a bunch of gun toting hicks now does she? ;)

That_Guy
03-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Just be respectful, she doesn't need to think we're a bunch of gun toting hicks now does she? ;)

i said it just like that. i told her them that home owners have rights to and that they need to stop giving rights to thief's and other sorts that break into homes.

torque.hit
03-18-2008, 09:42 AM
Good good. Its very good to see people sticking up for themselves and not handing over their rights to the police who "serve and protect".:rolleyes:

That_Guy
03-18-2008, 09:45 AM
Good good. Its very good to see people sticking up for themselves and not handing over their rights to the police who "serve and protect".:rolleyes:

agreed... you break in to my house and you'll be in the on the business end of this bad boy

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111/nramlow2006/randompictures013.jpg

Breecher_7
03-18-2008, 09:56 AM
agreed... you break in to my house and you'll be in the on the business end of this bad boy

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111/nramlow2006/randompictures013.jpg

If it doesnt jam up...... :rolf

torque.hit
03-18-2008, 10:03 AM
http://www.theothersideofkim.com/images/uploads/2005files/SW_27-357.jpg

This bad boy doesn't jam :devil

That_Guy
03-18-2008, 10:10 AM
If it doesnt jam up...... :rolf

i havent had a jam yet.:thumbsup:thumbsup

SmokinRAM114
03-18-2008, 11:03 AM
i sleep with an sks 7.62 with bayonet. LOL not literally buts only a few steps away haha

That_Guy
03-18-2008, 11:37 AM
i sleep with an sks 7.62 with bayonet. LOL not literally buts only a few steps away haha

lol....

moels
03-18-2008, 11:45 AM
Law or no law, a humans natural instinct is to protect their home. It's me and 3 boys under 12 here and I tell you what, I wouldn't hesitate to use deadly force if we were threatened. I have enough tools of death here. ;)

ND4SPD
03-18-2008, 01:47 PM
This really isn't a new law, but it amends the existing laws on self-defense giving the presumption that if someone is breaking into your house that they mean you harm... automatically fulfilling the test need to threaten or use deadly force. The real important thing about this is the protection from civil liability. There is at least one case going on here in Milwaukee where the intruder sued the homeowner after the perp broke in and was shot (after he was warned and told to GTFO, but refused). If someone manages to talk to Lena or her secretary again see if you can find out what her objection to this is because supposedly she won't say. My theory is that she's in the pockets of the gang bangers and other hoods that live in her district.

Prince Valiant
03-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Sen Taylor is my state Sen...I've actually worked with her concerning some medical licensing issues.

I've written her stating my support for AB35 requesting a response for justifications for her actions...if I recieve one, I'll post it up.

That_Guy
03-18-2008, 02:33 PM
Sen Taylor is my state Sen...I've actually worked with her concerning some medical licensing issues.

I've written her stating my support for AB35 requesting a response for justifications for her actions...if I recieve one, I'll post it up.

please let me know

SmokinRAM114
03-18-2008, 02:45 PM
This really isn't a new law, but it amends the existing laws on self-defense giving the presumption that if someone is breaking into your house that they mean you harm... automatically fulfilling the test need to threaten or use deadly force. The real important thing about this is the protection from civil liability. There is at least one case going on here in Milwaukee where the intruder sued the homeowner after the perp broke in and was shot (after he was warned and told to GTFO, but refused). If someone manages to talk to Lena or her secretary again see if you can find out what her objection to this is because supposedly she won't say. My theory is that she's in the pockets of the gang bangers and other hoods that live in her district.

thats y if it came to it id shoot to kill. that be if i was intruded and dude brings weapons. i no it probly sounds bad but in my eyes one dead ****tard is one less my tax money has to feed for the rest of his life. but i also think ted nuget should be president.

That_Guy
03-18-2008, 02:57 PM
thats y if it came to it id shoot to kill. that be if i was intruded and dude brings weapons. i no it probly sounds bad but in my eyes one dead ****tard is one less my tax money has to feed for the rest of his life. but i also think ted nuget should be president.

you have to end a statement like that with.." AMERICA **** YEAH!"

i agree nugent ftw

GRNDNL
03-18-2008, 04:12 PM
My home defense system............

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/carcraft53029/Ruby/IMG_0620.jpg

I wonder how the law applies to me then?....:confused

Oh well, don't think it would make much difference, My home defense system would most likely eat the intruder anyway......:D

That_Guy
03-19-2008, 12:47 AM
i saw a commercial for this chick today... what a joke thats all i have to say

73Dustr
03-19-2008, 02:33 AM
I really hope this would go into law. Texas did the same thing back in September. Did any of you hear about the Joe Horn incident? There is a big to-do because he shot and killed two men (illegal immigrants) in his front yard after they had broken into his neighbor's house. The man that shot them is 61 years old. If you google it, you can find all sorts of articles on it. In his defense, he did shoot the men in his front yard, however it was in the back. I guess an undercover was arriving on scene and witnessed the whole thing. He never took Horn into custody that day. Anyhow, here is a link to the complete, uncut 911 call. Please note there is some vulgar language, and you do hear the shots being fired:

Horn 911 Call (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLtKCC7z0yc)

Like ND4SD mentioned, the huge issue isn't so much the use of deadly force, it's ridding of all homeowner liability. It makes me sick that some dumb ass can break into your house, get injured while in your house, then turn around and sue. That's absolutely ridiculous! I hope everyone is contacting these senators to urge them to pass this thing along.

That_Guy
03-19-2008, 09:08 AM
I really hope this would go into law. Texas did the same thing back in September. Did any of you hear about the Joe Horn incident? There is a big to-do because he shot and killed two men (illegal immigrants) in his front yard after they had broken into his neighbor's house. The man that shot them is 61 years old. If you google it, you can find all sorts of articles on it. In his defense, he did shoot the men in his front yard, however it was in the back. I guess an undercover was arriving on scene and witnessed the whole thing. He never took Horn into custody that day. Anyhow, here is a link to the complete, uncut 911 call. Please note there is some vulgar language, and you do hear the shots being fired:

Horn 911 Call (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLtKCC7z0yc)

Like ND4SD mentioned, the huge issue isn't so much the use of deadly force, it's ridding of all homeowner liability. It makes me sick that some dumb ass can break into your house, get injured while in your house, then turn around and sue. That's absolutely ridiculous! I hope everyone is contacting these senators to urge them to pass this thing along.

i heard about this and i would love to meet this guy and shake his hands...i want him as my neighbor

UnderPSI
03-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Someone made an interesting post as a response to the video "They wouldn't be dead if they weren't here illegally"

That's pretty much the bottom line in this case.

wrath
03-19-2008, 09:45 PM
I'm from Michigan. I find it amusing that this is even a problem here.

As far as I'm concerned if someone is attempting to take anything that is mine they deserve whatever comes their way. If you need food, go steal from a store... not your fellow man.

That_Guy
03-20-2008, 12:21 AM
I'm from Michigan. I find it amusing that this is even a problem here.

As far as I'm concerned if someone is attempting to take anything that is mine they deserve whatever comes their way. If you need food, go steal from a store... not your fellow man.

dont steel from my familys business there is a side by side under the counter.

USMARINE1108
03-20-2008, 05:51 AM
If you need food, go steal from a store... not your fellow man.

Um.........that's still stealing from your fellow man.

turbogarrett
03-20-2008, 07:15 AM
Jim Sullivan lives directly across the street from me. We're going to have a little chat next time I see him out in the yard.