PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 91 - 95 Dodge Caravan and same models

awsomeears
03-17-2008, 06:01 PM
Looking for a decent Van, anyone know of these for sale local.

I thought craigslist would help me out but there all 96 + :chair:

Russ Jerome
03-17-2008, 08:16 PM
Those vans have the worst tranies, 88-91 the worst followed
by the 91-97 with the 97+ A-604s actualy lasting a while.

I do know of a 91 with a bad motor, has spare motor sitting
right next to it if your willing to wrench for an afternoon.

Car Guy
03-17-2008, 10:04 PM
What Dodges don't have shittay transmissions.....:rolf

While most of them did have issues some do hold up for quite some time. I just got rid of my `91 3.3L extended Caravan with 191k on the original trans, and in perfect working order! I ran that thing very hard for 10k miles hauling well over 1k pounds numerous times on top of towing vehicles also.....

A big part of it has to do with maintenance; mine was a company vehicle since day one. Everything was done by the book including tranny fluid changes along with an added trans cooler when new. They hauled big time weight with it also, it was a cable company and the van was the wire hauler.....

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

xxsn0blindxx
03-18-2008, 07:00 PM
I have a 1991 Plymouth Voyager with A670 automatic transmission, which is a 3-speed hydraulic controlled automatic, not to be confused with the POS A604. It is just about to turn 200k, but the motor was replaced around 180k with a remanufactured motor and the transmission was rebuilt at 118k. It has had a lot of parts replaced in the last couple years. It has a lot of little issues, but it's been a good driver. I've owned it since fall of 99. I was planning on keeping it until I took my mustang out of storage, then fix the little things and sell it. If you're interested I can give you all the info on it and take some pictures.