PDA

View Full Version : 84 Mustang junker $400

Windsors 03 Cobra
03-15-2008, 03:57 PM
What we got here is a car that was bought to donate a bunch of its interior parts and it's trac-lok 8.8 to his 347 Stang and also to help my friend's 347 Stang pass emissions.
My friend payed $800 for it and got what he wants off it and needs to get rid of it, next Saturday I am going to take the rear end out of this blue one and put it in his 84, I will probably put the open 8.8 from his car back into this heap.
He also tried to do an A/c eliminator on his and ran into some problem's and he likes the drivers side half of this blue cars' dual serpentine belt set up, the alt and p/s pump are on the drivers side and run off a short belt that also runs the fan, so I will probably put that on his car also. But I will most likely put what he has on his junk currently back on this so it still runs/drives.
It all depends on if there is any interest in this whole or in piece's or if I just need to throw it on the rollback and haul it to the boneyard which will throw $200 for without the axle at all.

Who knows I may have to cut the rear end out and wont be able to put it back together in which case its going like that, the car has some rusty floor's in the seat mount area, I lifted it on the hoist by the rockers and they seem very solid.
It has a 302 2v (later model engine with the efi style valve covers and a low oil sensor in the dual sump pan, maybe a mark engine?) Engine runs good and starts like efi even in the dead cold. I am told at higher speeds it leaks oil from the valve cover's.

An AOD that seems to shift ok and bangs all the gears, fluid is good'en clean
Y pipe & single exhaust with single exhaust crossmember, it passed emissions, has what like a brand new cat convertor, interior is gone and whats left of it is of the trashed/24 year old/shitbox/tin can variety.
Car runs, drives and stops ok, was driven here from northern IL and I took it down to to the corner I gotta say I did half a dozen great donuts on dry pavement :rolleyes: and love the 15 year old futura tyres on 4 lug aluminum slots. :chair:
I am just trying to help out my friend keep some of his costs down while giving someone else some cheap junk, if you want the 302/AOD you can buy that or if you want something else just drop me a line.

Wouldn't mind $400 for it, my friend said I could keep the money but I told him I'll just keep a 1/3rd so we are open to offers and on anything and have until next Saturday afternoon till I haul it to the junkyard if there is no interest.
Come hear it run, drive or shift during the week if you are interested in anything

scaleracer
03-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Damn i wish i had money! :mad:

stenchmiester
03-15-2008, 04:44 PM
so if i undersstand the car will be running or not?

Windsors 03 Cobra
03-15-2008, 05:04 PM
For $400 you will be able to driver home to the OC

stenchmiester
03-15-2008, 05:11 PM
well i gotta see what happens with my snowmobile selling tonight

lordairgtar
03-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Sure! After I sell the wagon, along comes a car with the motor I need.

subliminal1284
03-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Bump for a good deal. this thing is probably worth atleast 800 in parts alone

stenchmiester
03-16-2008, 02:36 PM
well the way it looks is by mid week i will have the funds for the car

portponies
03-16-2008, 05:02 PM
If anyone pics it up and parts it out, I would be interested in the tail lights and rear "wing".

stenchmiester
03-23-2008, 02:55 PM
i have cash in hand as i type this please let me kno if car is still avaiable

portponies
03-27-2008, 09:43 PM
What's the status on this car?

Memphis
03-27-2008, 09:45 PM
car was junked I was told...

Windsors 03 Cobra
03-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Car was junked for $300 and I didn't even put the axle back in, c'est la vie baby.

Car Guy
03-27-2008, 10:54 PM
Car was junked for $300

As in for scrap metal...??? I haven't junked a car in some time but that seems like a really good price for scrapping it.....

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

DirtyMax
03-27-2008, 11:02 PM
You coulda made a lot more parting it out. You know what those grey w/red piping GT seats alone fetch and those ones didn't look too bad. Oh well.. RIP to another 4 eye.

Windsors 03 Cobra
03-28-2008, 06:21 AM
So I can deal with a bunch of bargain hunters and tire kickers ? It gets tiring.