PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a couple old school games

slickwilly
03-15-2008, 09:10 AM
Amazon.com ftw. I bought Project IGI 2: Covert Strike and World Racing 2. I think both cost me like 20-25 bucks shipped.

I've played demos of both before and loved 'em, anyone ever play either one? I've been itching for a good racing game lately but my computer can't handle anything that's come out in the last four years. :rolf

ND4SPD
03-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Haven't played either of those... If your computer can handle NFS Hot Pursuit, that game was a blast and I think it's older than 4 years. I'm playing Dungeon Keeper 2 right now (circa 1999)... very amusing game.

slickwilly
03-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Dungeon Keeper, is that the one where you run... err, Hell basically? If it is, that's one hell of a game.

I didn't like NFS HP, I was a much bigger fan of NFS High Stakes and Porsche Unleashed. I also liked Underground, but I've played all three to complete exhaustion time and time again.

ND4SPD
03-16-2008, 07:09 AM
Well if you can find it, the graphics aren't terrific, but Car & Driver had a driving game that featured a bunch of different cars. If you've played all of the NFS games into the ground... you might be SOL because those are pretty much the best driving games out there. The Test Drive series is there too, but not quite as good.

Dungeon Keeper is where you run a dungeon. Sort of a Sim-Dungeon game. :) You use imps to dig out areas, mine gold, etc... then you build lairs, torture chambers, prisons, etc... heros come in to try and invade... it's pretty amusing.

slickwilly
03-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Yeah I had Test Drive 5, Test Drive Off Road 2 and the later Test Drive (after 6, before Unlimited) and they were entertaining. I have Unlimited for PC but my computer can't even dream of running it. This thing has a hard time with NFS HP 2.

Yeah that's the game I was thinking of. A friend of mine had that back in the day. We always used to get a kick out of it.

You ever play either of the Midtown Madness games? They were entertaining on their own, but really came alive with multiplayer and downloads. I anticipate that WR2 will be similar because I know downloads are widespread for it.