PDA

View Full Version : very intresting...

sloLs1
03-14-2008, 06:49 PM
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/car/606385544.html

Car Guy
03-14-2008, 07:36 PM
WoW, would have lost that bet...!!! Where would you get parts for that...??? :wooo

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

slickwilly
03-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Whoa, that's kinda cool.

Syclone0044
03-16-2008, 03:40 PM
I have seen references in GM tech docs to a DIESEL 4.3 V6. Does anyone know if that was really ever made?

Karps TA
03-16-2008, 04:01 PM
You could get like Olds Cutlass Ciera's in the 80s with a diesel in them. Which was probably that 4.3. I remember a couple of them coming in for oil changes back when I was a lube tech.

Why anyone wanted a car that sounded like a frontend loader I can't explain.

lordairgtar
03-16-2008, 04:20 PM
That BMW engine has a prettyy neat sound to it. I wouldn't call it a front end loader. We had one with a 5.0 in it, with airbags at the four corners and it was a class A POS. i'd rather have this one, but with diesel pushing the 4 buck mark...I don't know.

PureSound15
03-16-2008, 05:02 PM
Suspension conversion? AKA someone didn't want to pay for a new compressor or fix an airline, so they took out that floaty suspension and threw in some springs because it was cheap.

Syclone0044
03-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Suspension conversion? AKA someone didn't want to pay for a new compressor or fix an airline, so they took out that floaty suspension and threw in some springs because it was cheap.

LOL! So true.. You could almost make a translation guide for cars... It would look like this:

Condition: 2 Pin Stripes along sides of car
Translation: Car sold off a used car lot.

Condition: Car has wild paint job front to rear, normal looking owner.
Translation: Vehicle involved in large collision, insurance settlement provided funds for a repaint and then some.

Condition: Mild bolt-on Fox body with heater removed.
Translation: Heater core died, pulling the dash to replace was too much work.

etc.. :goof

PureSound15
03-16-2008, 05:28 PM
hahaha Every single mile ever put on a car is a highway mile too.

"250,000 miles, ALL HIGHWAY"

Windsors 03 Cobra
03-16-2008, 05:47 PM
It wasn't actually a BMW diesel but a Steyr diesel (Steyr a German tractor company), very few were sold and parts are extremely hard to find.

I have a 91 5.0 Mark SE for about 5 years now (I wanted one from the first time I saw one when I was 8 in 1987, all the buttons inside and aero look outside blew my mind) and it has been very good to me. I had to replace a height sensor on the back passenger corner and a leaky air dryer, the suspension self diagnostic feature worked great and helped me diagnose it the first time around.
As a Mark VII fanatic having a diesel one would be kinda neat but there is just to much expensive stuff that could go wrong for the little bit of novelty the car has. And do I really want one that is 90hp slow ? I mean all the other ones have a good 225hp 5.0 H.O. Why fiddle with perfection ? (or as close as you can get in a Ford)

That 4.3 diesel was weird and junk, just a chopped down gas/diesel 350.
No other engine failure has cast such a dark shadow.

I still want my next car to be a fuel pincher diesel Focus, Fusion or Taurus, sadly the only car that will be close to that is a diesel VW, maybe the Accord diesel will be here soon. :rolleyes:
I really think we are going to a more European like car market in America with the price of oil, I must be wrong tho GM is rolling out all the high hp V8's.
Tho I can get a South Korean built gas fuel pincher from GM. :punch:

Karps TA
03-16-2008, 05:53 PM
The car makers will continue to offer us what sells. Small economical cars just don't sell. Diesel cars won't sell that well either, cause not ever gas station sells diesel, and when the majority of people think diesel they think dump truck. It doesn't help matters that almost everyone with a new diesel truck goes and puts a programmer on it so they can belch out black smoke and crap cause it looks cool.

Despite gas prices people still will buy bigger vehicles because as American's we have more crap and have more places to go. Our communities are further apart. People don't think much about driving 1 hr to work or even more in some parts of the country. If we all lived in as small as a space as Europe is, we'd probably have alot smaller cars. Their roads can't even accomodate bigger cars in some areas.

Windsors 03 Cobra
03-16-2008, 06:01 PM
I guess you are right.