PDA

View Full Version : New bests at GLD 9-30-03

y2kws6
09-30-2003, 11:36 PM
Well to everyone that got a new best tonight....Congrats.

Post um if you got um:

E/T 12.467
MPH 109.07
NO CAM

Dan :)~

Yooformula
09-30-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by y2kws6
Well to everyone that got a new best tonight....Congrats.

Post um if you got um:

E/T 12.467
MPH 109.07
NO CAM

Dan :)~
Congrats Dan....took long enough.
"NO CAM" Thats got to be put on your epitaph, longest crying streak known to man
:flipoff:
I need to get a new best also so you can use the rest of the tissue you bought this year.jeez...get over it

Pantera99GS
09-30-2003, 11:58 PM
Well despite running lean, i still managed a 14.04@98mph with a crappy 2.2 60ft in the Regal..........4 hundredths from the 13's! That was my goal, but at least i got a new personal best. :3gears:

Brian98GTP
10-01-2003, 12:25 AM
Good Job guys!!

Mine was ALSO a new PB...

With damn near a full tank of gas... :nutkick
I ran the 3.0" pulley, and got a 13.481 @ 103.28mph w/2.1 60'
I had about 4* KR, so I put the 3.25" back on...
And then I ran a 13.466 @ 103.38 mph w/ 2.0 60'

So my new PB 1/4 is

13.466 @ 103.38 mph

I had a new MPH PB too... On That run, I had a 13.6 @ 104mph

Most of my runs were 13.5 - 13.7 ish...
Most 60 fts. were 2.2/2.3's.... :(

Good to be racing again.. That cold air made some KILLER POWER!!

Prince Valiant
10-01-2003, 12:35 AM
all I know was that being out there I felt SICK not being able to race out there...

....but at least I cant say that I broke someone's car :nutkick :goof

Brian98GTP
10-01-2003, 12:38 AM
OOOOOO... Ouch!!! :wstupid :durr

lotsals1
10-01-2003, 12:40 AM
11.80 1.65 60' 7.5 1/8mi then chris broke my car j/k it did break thow she woulda done 11.6 tonight but it didnt hold up

Yooformula
10-01-2003, 12:42 AM
Oh dayum! What broke? Congrats in the new time though.

lotsals1
10-01-2003, 12:56 AM
rear for sure possible tranny --my car was hauling ass-but chris got at least 6 inches of air under the heavy as t/a rims i was stoked untill i heard a BANG!

Crawlin
10-01-2003, 01:09 AM
yes, dan and jacki can no lay the "without a cam" statement to rest now. it has been done, and congrats on the new time. BUT, you still got to get 12.31 to beat ME in my fullweight(backseat out only) time.

As for Tim's car. Well, that sucker was moving. He offered a chance to drive and damn it I took it :) On my launch, like Tim said, must have put half a foot of air under the heavy front t/a rims, and she moved out better than MY car ever did. That was definitely a low 1.5 60ft. HAD TO of been. But, the rear didn't like it and it went pop. I'm really sorry Tim. You have no idea how much guilt I have. I really wish it would have happened to you, as bad as that sounds. But I'm sure you'll have it up and running in no time.

As for Tom, well damn brutha!!! Your car was flat out HAULING ass, CONSISTANTLY to boot! Was definitely a good night out there.

Chris

PS- for all those that say GLD doesn't hook, DAMN, you should have walked up to the starting line tonight. My sandals got ripped off my feet a couple times when lookign at the groove at the end of the night.

Syclone0044
10-01-2003, 01:47 AM
Hope I don't spoil posting the news for anyone but heres what I got. Congratulations are in order for everyone who posted great new times tonight!!! The conditions were awesome, I wish I had mine there I know I would have set records too. It was especially sticky for being in the 30's and a 20-car test and tune night!!

Heres the video of Tom (http://www.nconnect.net/~tookycat/syclone/tom_11_9.mpg) breaking his Camaro into the next bracket... Turn up the volume to hear the crowd near the end!!

Here's what it looked like in the pits afterwards:

http://www.nconnect.net/~tookycat/syclone/tom_gld_pits.jpg

Finally Brian "TuffEnuff" Peterson took me and Chris onto the track to check out the surface. Damn it is so sticky that I was worried I would pull my foot right outta my shoe!! That guy really knows his sh*t and I learned a lot about the track surface (and RSD). Here is a shot from down front and center!!

http://www.nconnect.net/~tookycat/syclone/gld_on_track.jpg

JohnnyT
10-01-2003, 02:14 AM
It was a bad a$$ night!!! I didn't run what I wanted to (thanks to the crappy GM clutch hydraulics) but the track was hooking like crazy!! Tom's car was awesome. I only wish I would have seen Tim run. oh well, next spring things will be different!!!

12secondGTP
10-01-2003, 08:36 AM
Nice times guys, I wish I would have gone but my car is still having issues. should be fixxed very soon. Brian I should have some tires and wheels to help bring that 60 foot time down a little very soon.

Brent

BAD LS1
10-01-2003, 08:52 AM
Yeah i had a bunch of new bests all over. It started out kinda slow i was worried that the car wasnt gonna do it. But i strapped on a set and side stepped the clutch from 5+K and pulled the left front a few inches each time spiraling my 60 fts to a new best ever of 1.569 and 11.859@117.9 1.636 60ft. It ran 6 back to back runs in the low 11.9's. So i set a new best 60 ft, MPH, and E/T. Man what a weird sensation that is getting a wheel off the ground!!! and dam the 12 bolt works awsome so far !!!

Tom B

12secondGTP
10-01-2003, 09:07 AM
Damn Tom thats awsome, Now I not only wish I went but I'm pissed I didn't go. Next time I'm definetly there:3gears:

jbiscuit
10-01-2003, 09:22 AM
congrats you guys with your runs....awesome to watch for sure. Tom your car looked mean off the line man, it was yankin that wheel up pretty good on the launch. Tim, wish I could have seen your car run, just got there a tad too late I guess. Fun night though you guys!

J:3gears: :3gears:

Valcuda
10-01-2003, 10:56 AM
Yep, sounds like a good night....COngrats to everybody who got new bests....

As to chris not breaking anyones car.... Their is a 1st for everything...:nutkick

ricky

Prince Valiant
10-01-2003, 11:01 AM
well, i didn't drive anyones :(

Pantera99GS
10-01-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by BADDLS1SS
Yeah i had a bunch of new bests all over. It started out kinda slow i was worried that the car wasnt gonna do it. But i strapped on a set and side stepped the clutch from 5+K and pulled the left front a few inches each time spiraling my 60 fts to a new best ever of 1.569 and 11.859@117.9 1.636 60ft. It ran 6 back to back runs in the low 11.9's. So i set a new best 60 ft, MPH, and E/T. Man what a weird sensation that is getting a wheel off the ground!!! and dam the 12 bolt works awsome so far !!!

Tom B

Uh yeah, you made me feel like i wasnt even on the gas when i was up against you. Was awesome to watch your run from my angle though!:thumbsup

BAD LS1
10-01-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Pantera99GS
Uh yeah, you made me feel like i wasnt even on the gas when i was up against you. Was awesome to watch your run from my angle though!:thumbsup

Heheheheehhe i bet it was swaying from side to side a bit LOL
especially when i get into 4th it really starts truckin and gets to the point where im counter steering to correct the sway. Good run on your part too, i dont have the slip in front of me right now but if remember correctly you banged off a low 14.0 at like a tick over or under 100.:thumbsup

Tom B

y2kws6
10-01-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Yooformula
Congrats Dan....took long enough.
"NO CAM" Thats got to be put on your epitaph, longest crying streak known to man
:flipoff:
I need to get a new best also so you can use the rest of the tissue you bought this year.jeez...get over it

You know I just like to rial you up.....:goof

Yooformula
10-01-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by y2kws6
You know I just like to rial you up.....:goof

It doesnt rial me up Dan at all. I am not the one living my life on someone else's .010 of an et. I bet this time you guys were cheering and thanking the lord you finally beat me and jumping up and down saying "no cam, no cam"!!

I still have my 12.6700000001@109.9999999888mph with NO EASY A$$ STALL CONVERTER OR LONG TUBES!!! WHOO HOO!:rolleyes: :yawn:

Crawlin
10-01-2003, 05:50 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:wstupid

This is great. THIS is what I miss about our group. We haven't had a large group track outing like this in a LONG time.

ANYBODY's car I break, I will let them raise hell in whatever car I come out with next year just to even the score :)

WhiteZCamaro
10-01-2003, 06:11 PM
:fire damn i should have went

Daytonapacecar959
10-01-2003, 09:17 PM
Congrats. to everyone's new PB.I would have went but my PCM is out getting some tuning done to it to get me in the 12's:cool2:

BadAzzGTA89
10-01-2003, 09:20 PM
W2G all on your new times:thumbsup

SLOWC5
10-01-2003, 09:27 PM
dont you think you can hit 12's without adding more? I would have thought you would be there with the cam alone? whats your timing at? your O2's? your knock?

JEFF

Daytonapacecar959
10-01-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by 2FSTGTP
dont you think you can hit 12's without adding more? I would have thought you would be there with the cam alone? whats your timing at? your O2's? your knock?

JEFF
O2's around .920's,was having a false KR issue(header hitting).Haven't Tech-2ed the last couple times at the track.

lotsals1
10-01-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by z28kid98
yes, dan and jacki can no lay the "without a cam" statement to rest now. it has been done, and congrats on the new time. BUT, you still got to get 12.31 to beat ME in my fullweight(backseat out only) time.

As for Tim's car. Well, that sucker was moving. He offered a chance to drive and damn it I took it :) On my launch, like Tim said, must have put half a foot of air under the heavy front t/a rims, and she moved out better than MY car ever did. That was definitely a low 1.5 60ft. HAD TO of been. But, the rear didn't like it and it went pop. I'm really sorry Tim. You have no idea how much guilt I have. I really wish it would have happened to you, as bad as that sounds. But I'm sure you'll have it up and running in no time.

As for Tom, well damn brutha!!! Your car was flat out HAULING ass, CONSISTANTLY to boot! Was definitely a good night out there.

Chris

PS- for all those that say GLD doesn't hook, DAMN, you should have walked up to the starting line tonight. My sandals got ripped off my feet a couple times when lookign at the groove at the end of the night. Dude dont swet it man i dont hold anything against ya AT ALL -I might just get a stage 3 tranny and a 12 bolt now --i got all winter --the ONLY thing that i was pissed about was the fact that "I STILL HAVENT SEEN MY CAR GO DOWN THE FREEKIN TRACK!" lmao next year ITS GO TIME! dude i had over 100 runs on that tranny "it was time" lmao i thought for sure you were gonna fly into the back seat on that launch
Dont feel guilty dude its what its all about --i'm not a petty person "but i will tease yo azz for quite a while" And All my passes were 7.5 in the 1/8 that sucker screems out of the hole and my best one was almost a 7.4 :rockwoot:

Heat Seeker WS6
10-01-2003, 11:36 PM
I have to get to the track one of these times and see what it'll do.

Pantera99GS
10-02-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by BADDLS1SS
Heheheheehhe i bet it was swaying from side to side a bit LOL
especially when i get into 4th it really starts truckin and gets to the point where im counter steering to correct the sway. Good run on your part too, i dont have the slip in front of me right now but if remember correctly you banged off a low 14.0 at like a tick over or under 100.:thumbsup

Tom B

If anybody was watching when we launched, they would have seen me look over and say "HOLY ****!":eek:. I THOUGHT i saw you sway a bit, but damn it looked like fun :thumbsup:. I ran a 14.2@98mph on that run. Once i get my house and finish school, its definately LS1 time- you have one badass SS man.

Brian98GTP
10-02-2003, 08:25 PM
On the runs that I had with you Tom, I could DEFINITELY see your Ass swaying all the way down the track....

Not that I was staring at your ass or anything... but, you know what I mean...:wow