PDA

View Full Version : Got a Root Canal Today

Heat Seeker WS6
09-30-2003, 07:58 PM
I had a molar break and it sent the tooth's filling into the top of the root and it eventually became infected.
I never had a root canal until today, and it wasn't that bad! I was all numbed up and couldn't feel a thing, however, seeing all the tools and stuff in my mouth in the mirror was something else.
But the pain I've had the last few days was the most excrusiating I've ever felt- even more painful than cutting my thumb in half (laterally through the nail) a few years back.
Hats off to Endodontistry!

PB86MCSS
09-30-2003, 09:42 PM
I had a root canal a couple years ago almost, and it wasnt that bad either, IMO. Not as bad as I imagined it. I had no real pain leading up to it, they caught the problem ahead of time luckilly...so that may of helped but it was as painless as a root canal can be. Getting wisdom teeth pulled out wasnt that bad either! :rock

Cryptic
09-30-2003, 10:04 PM
I had my 4 wisdom teeth pulled. Gotta luv the vicodin :D

They gave me percocet, but I asked for something a little less potent.

Al
10-01-2003, 01:21 AM
My dad is a dentist and he lectured me on the procesees of doing a root canal. Its alot of work. And if you ever have one done, DONT MOVE!!! My dad had some bad kid who was jerking his head around and he had a drill go through his cheek!

02hawk796
10-01-2003, 02:28 AM
Good to hear, Heat Seeker. Does this mean the only pre-95 WS6 will be at Dan's party Oct 3rd, and on the scouting cruise on Oct 4th?

Heat Seeker WS6
10-01-2003, 10:14 AM
Nope, I'll be heading up to Door County on Friday morning with the rest of the family for my sister's wedding. Since I'm off of work tomorrow, I was thinking of doing a partial solo pre-scouting cruise in the morning!