PDA

View Full Version : What are YOUR opinions of eBay...???

Car Guy
03-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Just like the title says, what do you think about eBay and how it's being run...???

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

Breecher_7
03-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Ive never had any real issues with it. As long as i can still find great deals, i will keep using it.

Karps TA
03-09-2008, 03:26 PM
I've personally had 1 problem out of maybe 150-200 transactions on ebay. And that got cleared up quickly by paypal. It's still the main place for me to sell stuff. Case in point I couldn't get $75 for my 4th gen seats I was trying to sell locally. I got $380 for them on ebay.

PureSound15
03-09-2008, 03:32 PM
I love Ebay. For those things like HDMI cables, where it doesn't matter if you have a $300 cable or a $4 ebay cable... why not just ebay it?

IMHO, the people who get screwed usually aren't smart about the transaction in the first place. That being said, there are some situations where nobody could possibly know that they were going to be screwed.

USMARINE1108
03-09-2008, 04:22 PM
I've never had a problem with it. Deals are still out there, but not as many as 5-8 years ago.

GRAMPS SS
03-09-2008, 04:36 PM
i have found it to be very resourceful...never had any big problem...i had a small one..as said above..pay pal took care of it...there are some great deals...just wish they would lower the seller fees a tad bit....

fivonut
03-09-2008, 05:35 PM
As long as you're careful who you buy from. I won't bid on anything that's not at least 99.7% positive feedback, I'll even go through the feedback to get an idea of what kind of complaints people have had.

slickwilly
03-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Yeah the seller fees are a bit steep.

I've found buying stuff is great, but selling stuff sucks. The USPS just has to **** up one time and you'll be swearing at some Paypal deskjockey dickhead for months...

07ROUSHSTG3
03-09-2008, 07:31 PM
i have been using ebay since 97 and have never had a really bad experience. when i was selling things, occasionally i would get a deadbeat bidder, but that was about it.

the new seller fees suck, and i am glad that I am not a big volume seller. and i also heard that sellers can not leave feedback anymore?!?!?! WTF is with that?

BlackViper
03-09-2008, 08:41 PM
i have been using ebay since 97 and have never had a really bad experience. when i was selling things, occasionally i would get a deadbeat bidder, but that was about it.

the new seller fees suck, and i am glad that I am not a big volume seller. and i also heard that sellers can not leave feedback anymore?!?!?! WTF is with that?

I don't think they can leave negative feedback if you leave them neg. Some of them duchebags would leave you a neg even if you did everything right.

ND4SPD
03-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Only had one problem with some dickhead that left negative feedback before contacting me with their issue, other than that I have been with them since the beginning (back when they were known as AuctionWeb). You just have to use some common sense. It's a great stock to own by the way.

Lash
03-09-2008, 09:55 PM
I love it.

I've never had a problem....buying or selling.

Yooformula
03-09-2008, 11:21 PM
I have had no issues either. I try to buy only from people with reputable feedback and I usually try to send out postal money orders and send them out with a sig verification.

Slow Joe
03-09-2008, 11:25 PM
I've never had any problems with ebay, and I bought a ton of stuff off of there, and I've sold a bunch of stuff too...

lasttimearound
03-09-2008, 11:33 PM
ive never had any issues. i guess only time will tell

subliminal1284
03-09-2008, 11:37 PM
I dont thinks its as good as it used to be, by the time you pay for your item and pay what the seller is charging for shipping and handling in alot of cases youre only paying a small amount less than what you could get it for locally.

Slow Joe
03-10-2008, 08:44 AM
I dont thinks its as good as it used to be, by the time you pay for your item and pay what the seller is charging for shipping and handling in alot of cases youre only paying a small amount less than what you could get it for locally.

You really need to be selective, and know your stopping point when buying... Because otherwise you get caught up in the moment, and end up paying too much...

Yooformula
03-10-2008, 09:02 AM

I do somewhat agree but you have to know when its not worth it at some point and look elsewhere. That is something I really like about ebay, you can almost always find what you need several times over.

CobaltSSTuner
03-10-2008, 09:02 AM
i personally haven't had any issues with ebay :)

DirtyMax
03-10-2008, 09:26 AM
I use it quite a bit. I usually only buy from "Power Sellers" with flawless rep. or local sellers so if they don't send me my shit, I can find them and go thump em' one.... :goof

jbiscuit
03-10-2008, 09:28 AM
never had a problem....found a lot of bargains on there over the years but recently I've found you can find stuff cheaper at online vendors usually (if its a new item)

Syclone0044
03-11-2008, 03:20 PM
I've had good luck with ebay. About 50 transactions, mostly stuff I bought. Also sold some rare spare Syclone parts and after 2 deadbeat bidders, the 3rd guy paid top dollar in cash.

EBay represents the TRUE MARKET VALUE of items... I'll bet there's a ton of price gouging companies who just hate eBay! MuHaHaHa!

Deggy
03-14-2008, 08:05 PM
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z6/deggyfresh/ebay.jpg

Car Guy
03-14-2008, 08:07 PM
What the hell is that thing...??? ^^^ It looks like a game boy but the two extra speakers I've never seen.....

Deggy
03-14-2008, 08:10 PM
I think when those were "the in gaming device". You could buy a speaker add on.

Car Guy
03-14-2008, 08:24 PM
I think when those were "the in gaming device". You could buy a speaker add on.

I thought they still were...!!! But seriously those were 'the thing' to have when they came out when I was 'of age' in 1990. What's hilarious is when they came out I thought they were horrible and worthless. Everybody else thought they were the best thing since sliced bread but you couldn't have given me one.....

Deggy
03-14-2008, 08:26 PM
I still have my original gameboy at my house somewhere stashed away. Now I wanna go and dig it up. I think I have had just about every version of gameboy that came out.

I also think I still got my Sega Gamegear...that thing was HUGE.

Car Guy
03-14-2008, 08:32 PM
I still have my original gameboy at my house somewhere stashed away. Now I wanna go and dig it up. I think I have had just about every version of gameboy that came out.

I also think I still got my Sega Gamegear...that thing was HUGE.

GameGear was sooooo much better, but along with everything else that Sega made it faded into history wayyy too fast.....

Deggy
03-14-2008, 08:35 PM
Now I wanna play my Dreamcast....Ready 2 Rumble Boxing 1 and 2.

Poncho
03-14-2008, 09:33 PM
been using it for over 10 years with no problems.

Car Guy
03-14-2008, 09:43 PM
Now I wanna play my Dreamcast....Ready 2 Rumble Boxing 1 and 2.

I had Dreamcast for about 2 months and LOVED it...!!! I still think the graphics are great and think it was well ahead of it's time when released. The only reason I sold mine was at the time I was more concerned with getting together with friends than playing video games.....

I know for a fact that you can find them dirt cheap on eBay, unless they have become collectors items in the last year.....:rolleyes:

davidjp3
03-18-2008, 11:11 AM
I used to sell stuff on ebay all the time 3 or 4 years ago but they've steadily been increasing listing fees, selling fees, and paypal fees all the time and it's gotten WAY out of hand.

A seller has to pretty much steal the merchandise they're selling in order to make a worthwhile profit.

For people that occasionally want to get rid of something around the house then it might be OK, but for sellers who buy things cheap and resell them to make a few dollars then it can suck.

Ebay doesn't even have that many good deals anymore. You can get the same stuff from buy.com, amazon.com, slickdeals.net, etc. at much better prices and you have recourse if the stuff is defective.

For buyers, the only thing ebay is realy good for is for used things and hard to find stuff.

So basically ebay SUCKS. Years ago, I used to buy things all the time but rarely buy or sell anything on there anymore. It's not worth the hassle.

I guess people have been striking too.
http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/07/smbusiness/ebay_boycott.fsb/index.htm?section=money_topstories

davidjp3
03-18-2008, 11:13 AM
:headbang craigslist.com :headbang

no shipping

Moparjim
03-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Its nto as good as it once was, but I still love it. If you look, you can still find good deals occasionally. It is also possible with a good ad to get TOP DOLLAR for stuff, so its the best of both worlds if you are willing to put in the effort/legwork. It is still pretty much the only place to get hard to find, or collectible stuff. I have bought and sold a TON for many many years. You reach such a huge market with stuff for sale... Recently sold my Charger to a guy in SWEDEN for a very good price I don't think I could have got local, and my Viper to a guy in Las Vegas also for a great price. Both sold with one listing in a week. I don't think I even got a single interested call on either from my ad I posted on here and on local Craigslist, and I was willing to sell for $5k less to someone local or off here that I "knew" in exchange for a simpler deal. I typically toss my stuff on here and other boards first at a fair price, then on Craigslist for a little more, then if noone bites I go fishin for top dollar on Ebay. See my ad for CDs and DVDs!

Syclone0044
03-18-2008, 02:26 PM
IMO the best feature of eBay is setting a Saved Search to email you with new items. I have several rare items that only show up a few times a year on eBay. I don't get any emails until new items are listed for sale. Great way to stalk the deals and really get what you want.

77thor
03-18-2008, 04:36 PM
I have not had any problems with it - - in about 45 purchases.

You really have to know what things are worth, or you could easily spend more than you should. I don't think that its a good place to buy a car though.... prices seem to be more like retail than wholesale... at least with cars I am interested in.

73Dustr
03-18-2008, 10:05 PM
I really have not had any problems. Like lots of people mentioned, you can still find some nice deals. I just like using it to sell stuff. I have made a lot more money on items on Ebay as opposed to putting them on CL.