PDA

View Full Version : Hookup on TVs?

Nix
03-08-2008, 07:04 PM
I know this has been discussed many times and I searched the forums to find them but I didn't find shit. So anywho, Im looking into buying a nice 42" LCD/Plasma for playing video games on.

I currently have a 32" Toshiba LCD but sadly Iam never satisfied and now I find myself looking to go bigger, again.:chair:

So who here works for BB,American or anyhwere else that would be willing to help me out with a killer deal. Also when I end up pulling the trigger on this I will be selling the one I currently have as well.

Thank you for your time!

07ROUSHSTG3
03-08-2008, 07:17 PM
i don;t have a hookup on tvs, but if i were getting a tv for video games i would go LCD over plasma.

good luck in your search, i will be doing the same in a couple months when the rec room is done!

Nix
03-08-2008, 07:32 PM
I've heard that the advances in plasma are ok to play games on now. The older ones I know the screens could burn in the images but I gues they have corrected that issue as of late from what I have been reading.

07ROUSHSTG3
03-08-2008, 07:37 PM
I've heard that the advances in plasma are ok to play games on now. The older ones I know the screens could burn in the images but I gues they have corrected that issue as of late from what I have been reading.

hmmm, that is good to know :thumbsup i just remember my buddy plunking some serious cash on a plasma a few years back for a video game tv and it took a crap. can;t say for sure that it was the gaming system that did it, but that always sticks in my mind.

i would imagine, like everything else, they have come a long way in the last couple years!

Slow Joe
03-08-2008, 07:41 PM
IMO LCD is the way to go... I like 'em cause they have a super crisp picture... :thumbsup

Karps TA
03-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Even Crutchfield is now saying the chances for burn-in is low with Plasma's now. All the major mfgs have protection. My dad watches the stock market all day long and hasn't had any issues with the ticket burning in.

On a related note I see Pioneer is getting out of the Plasma mfg business. Looks like they'll be using Panasonics plasma screens starting next year.

Slow Joe
03-08-2008, 07:57 PM
Even Crutchfield is now saying the chances for burn-in is low with Plasma's now. All the major mfgs have protection. My dad watches the stock market all day long and hasn't had any issues with the ticket burning in.

On a related note I see Pioneer is getting out of the Plasma mfg business. Looks like they'll be using Panasonics plasma screens starting next year.

Sony don't have any Plasma TVs in their line-up anymore... Only LCDs... (from what I've seen)

BoosTT
03-08-2008, 09:33 PM
I have a dlp. I love it. Its deaper tho, about 16" for my 56 incher.

Cryptic
03-08-2008, 09:41 PM
LCD is best choice for room with alot of windows..
LCD's have a very matte finish, no glare...
I've been shopping for my living room and glare is a big concern for me

Anakonda69
03-08-2008, 10:13 PM
i recently got a 57" dlp from american.....works awesome for video games.....anything for that matter.....can't wait for my satelite to get installed next weekend......hd here i come....lol

Cryptic
03-08-2008, 10:16 PM
HD is also available in public broadcast in case you didnt know. (seriously alot of people dont seem to know this)
Those Time Warner commercials crack me up... their selling shit you already get for free.

Karps TA
03-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Depends on how close you are to the antenna. I've got friends in western part of Waukesha that couldn't always get a good hd signal on some of the local channels no matter what antenna they used.

Heat Seeker WS6
03-09-2008, 12:55 AM
Send Brad- UNDERPSI a Pm, he can get some things.

Yooformula
03-09-2008, 01:44 AM
brad, UNDERPSI is the ONLY person to go for electronics.

CobraSnake
03-09-2008, 09:15 AM
I can get you family deal at american anytime of the week. But if your looking for a deal and financing I wouldn't be able to help you out. Send me a PM if you need any help.

Mark

Car Guy
03-09-2008, 10:37 AM
brad, UNDERPSI is the ONLY person to go for electronics.

Fireworks AND electronics...!!! What does Brad do for a living...??? :shades

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears: