PDA

View Full Version : Car shirts

Scales
03-08-2008, 05:45 AM
Where are the best places around town to find car t-shirts? I used to go to Crazy About Cars at Southridge, but they are no longer. Oh yeah, and I need it yesterday, so it can't be anywhere online.

TIA

USMARINE1108
03-08-2008, 08:03 AM
Autozone? Walmart down here has Chevy hoodies, you may be able to find them up there.

PureSound15
03-08-2008, 10:28 AM
http://www.goguenconstructioninc.com/images/townhouse/steves_1.jpg

pw_cc_runner
03-08-2008, 10:35 AM
I second Steve and Barrys... also walmart and target in the screen logo t-shirt sections

Korndogg
03-08-2008, 10:39 AM
yep. steve and barry's

Deggy
03-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Steve and mother truckin Barry's

u_say_go
03-08-2008, 12:05 PM
walmart has a few shirts you could get mike. or you could use my idea as the redneck race fan; bibs, no shirt, no shoes, greasy dale jr. hat and a big wad of chew in yer mouth! (erin shot that one down):rolf

me and you, 10pm, tricycle races!! I should have about 30-40 beers in me by then, so game on!!!

Max 93
03-08-2008, 01:46 PM
me and you, 10pm, tricycle races!! I should have about 30-40 beers in me by then, so game on!!!

I would almost pay to watch that

u_say_go
03-08-2008, 01:57 PM
i'll have someone shoot some video footage of it! 300lb drunk guy on a tricycle! gunna be good

GRAMPS SS
03-08-2008, 01:59 PM
http://www.goguenconstructioninc.com/images/townhouse/steves_1.jpg

never heard of them...where are they located.....here and there i do my own....:devil

u_say_go
03-08-2008, 02:11 PM
southridge mall. everything in the store is under $9. shirts, pants, hats, shoes, etc...

GRAMPS SS
03-08-2008, 02:16 PM
^^^^^^thanks ....I'll have to check it out, maybe tomorrow........i have other sources up in Green Bay...but he sells the old stuff...classics....

Scales
03-10-2008, 10:11 AM
Well I read this a bit too late and ended up settling for a plain jane Chevy shirt from Kohls. But thanks for the tips guys. I will have to check out that Steve and Barry's place this weekend! BTW it was for a company party with a "hotrod/nascar" theme and all of my car shirts are too small now.

Slow Joe
03-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Steve & Barrys is AWESOME!! I have a ton of Mustang shirts from them... And now a Jeep one :thumbsup

I especially love their 2 for $15 deal on t-shirts...

u_say_go
03-10-2008, 02:55 PM
BTW it was for a company party with a "hotrod/nascar" theme and all of my car shirts are too small now.
best party they ever had! did you end up doing the Pit Stop challenge?

Silver350
03-10-2008, 03:01 PM
best party they ever had! did you end up doing the Pit Stop challenge?

Yeah I missed out and I actually wanted to go to this one. They sent me down to Oklahoma to help run communication lines to the new building. They sent me last week Sunday the Second so I missed the party In OK there party was march 1. Im down here for two weeks so I missed the party in sussex or hartford.

u_say_go
03-10-2008, 03:23 PM
yeah Scott, you missed a good one dude. Joel's entrance was pretty cool- cruised around the party in a Formula Ford race car, drove it on stage, hopped out of the car and some pyro went off. They had about 19 race cars on display, two slot car tracks, an r/c car track, a couple of race simulators, pit stop challenge, and my favorite....the motorized beer keg races (toilets and bathtubs too).
I snapped a bunch of pics but none turned out, too dark.:confused

Silver350
03-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Joel Broke the clutch on that car down in oklahoma. He was driving it in the parking lot and he was having problems so they called on of the finishing maintenance guys down that owns a lot of collectors car. adjusted the timing and a couple other things took it on another lap and fried the clutch. So i heard in Oklahoma all the VPs pushed the car up on stage. And that John fowler fell going up the ramp. Not sure on how true the fowler thing is seeing I didnt see it.

I really wanted to hear his speach.

u_say_go
03-10-2008, 03:59 PM
was that the white car? he had a white car on display and drove a black one on stage. LMAO @ Fowler falling, I can see that happening. I saw him Saturday, he seemed alright. We should find out when and where Joel is racing and go check him out. I was invited by a couple of the VP's to visit them at Road America two years ago, had a really good time!
The speech was good, ran a little long, but with the racing references it wasn't a total bore.

oh yeah, sorry for jackin' your thread Mike...feel free to chime in. sorry

Silver350
03-10-2008, 04:05 PM
Yeah I think it was the white car. If you go on the homepage you can look at oklahoma's pictures and it shows a shot of all the vps pushing it. I believe it was white.

I think Melton may have gotton Joel interested in racing. Not sure 100% on that one. Was meltons vet there?

u_say_go
03-10-2008, 04:11 PM
It was actually Mike Popp and Melton who turned him onto racing. It happened at the car show last summer at melton's. Joel got the itch bad and just dove head first into racing. That was the day we all thought Joel was gonna blow up his brand new Masserati, revving the piss out of it before he left, hitting the rev limiter......"whaaaaaaaaaaaakakakakakakaaaa!!!"
Speaking of that...Melton and Frankowski fired up their vintage Vettes at the party (inside) and revved the PHUCKED out of them, HOLY freakin' loud!!
I'll find out when Joel will be racing at Road America and let ya know, I'm sure we could talk Scales into going too.

Silver350
03-10-2008, 04:16 PM
That would be cool just as long as Im not playing ball.

I remember getting talked to by melton at the first car show at the summer picnic.

Lance Haut talked me into doing a burn out with a truck. I pulled into the lot and he said to me you know you did a better burn out then I did. I said Yeah and? He said nothing just no one shows me up. I thought he was going to yell at me for doing one in the lot. I was damn close to soiling myself.

u_say_go
03-10-2008, 04:22 PM
that's pretty good:rolf
Melton had a "no burnout" sign at the end of his driveway last summer...two years ago people were doing burners as they left- some rocket scientist pulls out, with one tire on the shoulder of the road and lights up a kickass one wheel wonder kicking up gravel all over the qg show truck, meltons '32 roadster, popps corvette along with 2 other cars! I woulda shot myself in the head if I was that dude!

Scales
03-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Yeah it was a pretty good party. But they all usually are. Joel and Betty went to the bar afterwards and I spent about an hour talking and drinking with him. Really nice, down to earth guy like his Dad. Not what I expected.

I remember being a tad heavy on the throttle when I left Melton's show, but I was already on the road and doing about 15 when I started getting silly.