PDA

View Full Version : WOW...back in time....

GRAMPS SS
03-07-2008, 10:54 PM
I was clicking through the channels on TWC ..and came upon a channel i didn't know was there...but now i do....VH-1 CLASSIC...
found it at 8:30...and watched till 10:30....i was thrown back into time when i was growing up....yes yes yes..the old days right...the band they had on was my all time best loved....LED ZEPPELIN... with Robert Plant on vocals...the band was know for its clean sound and at time raw lyrics...the band debut in 1969 and i believe whet till 1975....the show is back on at 11:30 tonight on channel 186....if you want to hear some good music when bands were bands give it a listen and let me know what you think...i'll be watching it again....
the guitar rips you will hear are great...and when you see him playing the gutair..you see what the back bone of the band was,,,and the drumming...to frecking die for..IMO....
i have all 4 albums...yes albums...and also have the set on cd.....just give them a listen..they were around with CREAME(Eric Clampton)...another great short lived band....Zeppelin open the doors to bands like stepponwolf,bad company,humble pie...IRON BUTTERFLY..Tull..and many others...i mean i have to listen to WKLH to hear the classics...now i have this channel...not music like you younger guys listen to now adays....give it a listen...:thumbsup

STANMAN
03-07-2008, 11:02 PM
Wayne, music you grew up to was someone blowing through a mastadon tusk, don't try to fool anyone into thinking you were "young" in the 70's.

Heat Seeker WS6
03-07-2008, 11:15 PM
Good channel Wayne, earlier they had on Leonord Skynard

GRAMPS SS
03-07-2008, 11:34 PM
Leonord...oh yea...another taken from us too young.....time to hit 186....can't get enough ZEPPELIN

Car Guy
03-08-2008, 08:05 AM
Well I'm 27 years old and have loved that era of music for about 10 years now. Without a doubt I think it's the best music ever made and Led Zeppelin is in my top 3 along with the Doors and Pink Floyd :headbang . I have never had cable TV ever in my life but when I'm at someone's house and they do along with VH1 Classic I am watching it non-stop.....:wooo

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

USMARINE1108
03-08-2008, 08:06 AM
My favorite Zeppelin song, and one of my all time favorites. :thumbsup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uoCxNHN2AY

Car Guy
03-08-2008, 08:21 AM
My favorite Zeppelin song, and one of my all time favorites. :thumbsup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uoCxNHN2AY

That is one of the MANY excellent songs that you’ll hear from Zeppelin ALL THE TIME on the radio (if you're listening to the right station that is). Most people would be BLOWN AWAY at how many ‘popular’ songs Zeppelin created. Some time ago I downloaded EVERY SINGLE studio song (don't care for live recordings) by Led Zeppelin and put them all onto 7 CD's, it came out to about 124 songs. When I was doing it my brother (awesomeears) was occasionally listening in and couldn't believe all of the 'popular' songs that were by Zeppelin…..

Just thinking about this kind of music brings me back to something that I've said a thousand times in my short 27 years of life. I WAS BORN 30 YEARS TOO LATE on July 6, 1980...!!! I have always thought it and still do to this day if not for everything else but the music.....

If anybody is interested in also having every single studio track produced by Zeppelin you're more than welcome to a copy (7 full CD's). All the songs are in alphabetical order and you'll never find a collection like this one ANYWHERE...!!! I would know, I looked for what seemed an eternity and finally got fed up which led me to creating my own 'ultimate' collection.....

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

MSGTGT
03-08-2008, 08:21 AM
I was clicking through the channels on TWC ..and came upon a channel i didn't know was there...but now i do....VH-1 CLASSIC...
found it at 8:30...and watched till 10:30....i was thrown back into time when i was growing up....yes yes yes..the old days right...the band they had on was my all time best loved....LED ZEPPELIN... with Robert Plant on vocals...the band was know for its clean sound and at time raw lyrics...the band debut in 1969 and i believe whet till 1975....the show is back on at 11:30 tonight on channel 186....if you want to hear some good music when bands were bands give it a listen and let me know what you think...i'll be watching it again....
the guitar rips you will hear are great...and when you see him playing the gutair..you see what the back bone of the band was,,,and the drumming...to frecking die for..IMO....
i have all 4 albums...yes albums...and also have the set on cd.....just give them a listen..they were around with CREAME(Eric Clampton)...another great short lived band....Zeppelin open the doors to bands like stepponwolf,bad company,humble pie...IRON BUTTERFLY..Tull..and many others...i mean i have to listen to WKLH to hear the classics...now i have this channel...not music like you younger guys listen to now adays....give it a listen...:thumbsup

Ohhhhhhhhh Mannnnnnnn I just had a huge flasback! I was in high school during the '70's. (I think?) It was all a haze...it's a wonder I ever graduated. Those were the daze!!!!!!!!!!!

lordairgtar
03-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Wayne, music you grew up to was someone blowing through a mastadon tusk, don't try to fool anyone into thinking you were "young" in the 70's.
Plus accompanied by guys pounding on rocks...real ROCK music.:banana1:

SmokinRAM114
03-08-2008, 12:19 PM
heres a flash back wayne do u feel old now?

im on the right pimpin haha
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t54/mx_114/old001.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t54/mx_114/old.jpg

flyin_blue_egg
03-08-2008, 12:24 PM
^^^^^is one of those kids wayne???

SmokinRAM114
03-08-2008, 12:27 PM
^^^^^is one of those kids wayne???

no thats me. i v known wayne for a loooooooooong time and just trying to make him feel old cuz im 21 now and was like 8 there:thumbsup

Deggy
03-08-2008, 12:33 PM
You don't have to try and make Wayne feel old...he already knows he is.... We try and be nice and make him feel young...right Wayne?

Korndogg
03-08-2008, 12:33 PM
channel 201 has on old shows and inbetween the shows they have old commercials. Its pretty crazy lol. I just saw a Chevy commercial from 57.

GRAMPS SS
03-08-2008, 01:53 PM
heres a flash back wayne do u feel old now?

im on the right pimpin haha
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t54/mx_114/old001.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t54/mx_114/old.jpg

dammm i remember when you that YOUNG...that's when i met your dad and mom....is that the truck before ole blue....you were so Innocent back then you little perv..SEE WHAT HAPPENED TO YA HANGING OUT WITH YOUR DAD , GENO, AND ME.:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf...WE WON'T COUNT YOUR BROTHER MIKEY....that was the house off lincoln right?...grandma lived with ya back then.....

Windsors 03 Cobra
03-08-2008, 04:27 PM
28 years old here, grew up with klh and 60's & 70's rock and still mostly listen to that kind of music. In my late teens I did listen to lazer quite a bit but just got sick of the same old music and the new rock music just isnt that great to me so I went back to the good old rock.
Been listening to 96.5 and 96.9 (chicago's 96.5) for about 6-8 years, along with quite a bit of talk radio for the same amount of years. ( I am a radio geek so I am always near a radio.)

Some of my fav's:

Rolling Stones
The Who
The Beatles
Jethro Tull
Yes
CCR
Steely Dan
Jimmy Buffet
Ac/Dc
The Police
ZZ Top
Bob Seeger
Simon & Garfunkel
Alice Cooper
Bruce Springsteen
Johnny Cash
Hank Williams
The Kinks
Eric Clapton
Chicago
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Charlie Daniels
Traffic

I like quite a few other genres of music too but these are most of my favorite's.

SmokinRAM114
03-08-2008, 04:50 PM
dammm i remember when you that YOUNG...that's when i met your dad and mom....is that the truck before ole blue....you were so Innocent back then you little perv..SEE WHAT HAPPENED TO YA HANGING OUT WITH YOUR DAD , GENO, AND ME.:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf...WE WON'T COUNT YOUR BROTHER MIKEY....that was the house off lincoln right?...grandma lived with ya back then.....

73rd and beecher. gma still lives with us. THAT IS OLE BLUE!!! :rolf:stare probly didnt even have 100k miles on it

70 cutlass 442
03-08-2008, 05:11 PM
chris, your mom used to be a fox !!!!

lordairgtar
03-09-2008, 01:19 AM
x2

GRAMPS SS
03-09-2008, 01:25 AM

USED TO BE A FOX.....dammm you better get your eyes checked...last time i saw her.which wasn't that long ago..still A FOX....soory chris...just had to set the troops straight :D :thumbsup

SmokinRAM114
03-09-2008, 09:35 PM
fawkers!!!

70 cutlass 442
03-09-2008, 09:59 PM
fawkers!!!

:rolf sorry, just had to. but you an JJ look like twins in that pic. but since were on the topic of being old school, anyone miss pop up video at all?

GRAMPS SS
03-09-2008, 10:01 PM
see chris...i told you you and jj looked like twins.....

SmokinRAM114
03-09-2008, 10:19 PM
see chris...i told you you and jj looked like twins.....

we honestly did. but now hes like 5'11 and 170lbs skinny little beotch and im 200lbs 5'9 and work out often we dont look to much like twins any more.

Smokey1226
03-09-2008, 10:20 PM
MUSCLE MILK! lol made me think of that youtube video.

Im loveing your sig picture.