PDA

View Full Version : ~ Pot Holes ~ I think Milwaukee County is Forgetting about our BIKERS

awsomeears
03-07-2008, 03:43 PM
MY RANT !!! <----- Ex-rider for 2 years

In my opinion most people are not thinking ( including Milwaukee County ) that in 2 to 3 months sport bikes, mopeds, Harley's and just about anything with 2 wheels will be coming out of storage. Warm weather will be knocking on our doors soon.

Mark my words there will be some Nasty crashes and Deaths if Milwaukee County doesn't get a large work force out there to repair these Post holes.

I also noticed that on the yellow dividing line its worse, instead of a hole its a 10 to 20 foot straight line that is a few inches deep, if a biker should be changing lanes I will bet you my Kidney any front tire of a bike will drop in. I have hit two similar ones back in 00' and 01' when I USED to ride. One gave me a nasty tank slap and the other almost took me down.

Remember driving your 10-speed bike in sand ? that's exactly what it does sucks you in and there is hardly no control.

Not to mention Harley's 105Th is coming up, I'm guessing 20,000 to 100,000 riders could attend. Maybe more I'm not exactly sure.

This can get really dangerous for our local riders and visiting riders :stare

I could imagine some Nasty Lawsuits will be thrown at Milwaukee County, if you are a rider you know exactly what I'm talking about. Every rider out there has hit a pot hole, or a build up of gravel due to some intersections never getting attention by a street sweeper. At that moment you swear out loud " Why are the streets in such bad shape !!! "

Its not fair to our local Riders to deal with this, first off when you ride a motorcycle you are at risk as soon as you sit on the seat, Plus riders constantly battle with automobiles for respect but year after year its the same story. " Ohhh I didn't see you, you were in my blind spot " or " sorry I cut you off "

Crashing on your own because of being irresponsible really ticks you off because you could have prevented it. Crashing due to a lousy Pot hole ? that will really lite some fire under your butt.

That's why I could see some Nasty Lawsuits coming to the Milwaukee County door step. Riders from all over the world may have a sour taste to ever come back here, Harley is building a Multi million dollar structure and hotel to encourage riders to come here, guess what they have to use our JUNK roads to get here.

Whats your take ?

slickwilly
03-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Capitalizing random Words makes your statement More important.!

:D Just messing with ya, I agree completely. Never ridden a motorcycle on the street but I'm an avid bicyclist and I imagine the problems are much worse on something that outweighs the rider (in most cases) and goes much, much faster.

Breecher_7
03-07-2008, 03:47 PM
I dont think its possible to SUE milwaukee county because of potholes. They can always claim that the driver was not paying attention, they should have slowed down dut to bad road conditions, they are in the process of repairin the potholes but there are alot of them or just simply that milwaukee county doesnt have the manpower or budget to keep up with repairs.

Then again, ive seen wierder things.

This is why I hardly ride on the street anymore, pretty much just keep it to the track nowadays.

Also for Harley's 105th you know that alot of those riders with be ...... :alcoholic ......... and when they crash there will be no one liable but themselves.

DirtyMax
03-07-2008, 03:48 PM
They'll fix them. In fact, they've already started. This isn't the first winter there's been potholes.. it's just the first one in a while that's been abnormally harsh on the roads.

OxmanWI
03-07-2008, 03:55 PM
They'll fix them. In fact, they've already started. This isn't the first winter there's been potholes.. it's just the first one in a while that's been abnormally harsh on the roads.

True...Early this morning around 6 crews all over filling pot holes, Good Hope is getting better somewhat.

xxsn0blindxx
03-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Bluemound between 124th and HWY 100 is absolutely ridiculous. You can't possibly not a hit a pot hole in that stretch of road.

Karps TA
03-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Maybe they should also enact a mandatory helmet law to make it safer?

slickwilly
03-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Maybe they should also enact a mandatory helmet law to make it safer?
F*ck that, if people don't want to wear helmets, that should be their choice. Not unlike seatbelts.

subliminal1284
03-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Another problem is the monkeys they got filling the pot holes. Not one of them knows how to fill the hole evenly its always too low or like 3 inches too high. Morons. God I miss the nice smooth roads of Florida.

Karps TA
03-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Well if you drive a car and have to wear one, you should have to have a helmet on a bike. I'm tired of bikes getting a pass in this state. So I'm not going to give a crap if the roads aren't nice for the bikers - especially the Harleys.

Drive down the hwy in a car with loud exhaust, you get a ticket. Do it in a Harley and it's perfectly fine and acceptable. Love when a big group of bikes leave the bars around my area at 2am blasting thru in the summer.

I'd love to see someone try to plan a "charity" event like a poker run for cars where people go from bar to bar in a car like they do for the bikers. MADD would be all over that crap in a heartbeat. But Harley's get a pass once again.

Or the douchebags in a traffic jam who drive inbetween the cars.

I hate the double standard in this state because Harley has a couple plants here. I hate the seatbelt law to begin with. To have that and not a helmet law is insult to injury. Pun maybe intended. lol

Breecher_7
03-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Well if you drive a car and have to wear one, you should have to have a helmet on a bike. I'm tired of bikes getting a pass in this state. So I'm not going to give a crap if the roads aren't nice for the bikers - especially the Harleys.

Drive down the hwy in a car with loud exhaust, you get a ticket. Do it in a Harley and it's perfectly fine and acceptable. Love when a big group of bikes leave the bars around my area at 2am blasting thru in the summer.

I'd love to see someone try to plan a "charity" event like a poker run for cars where people go from bar to bar in a car like they do for the bikers. MADD would be all over that crap in a heartbeat. But Harley's get a pass once again.

I hate the double standard in this state because Harley has a couple plants here. I hate the seatbelt law to begin with. To have that and not a helmet law is insult to injury. Pun maybe intended. lol

I agree with 95% of this. The only thing i dont agree with is the passing between cars in traffic. I see no problem with this. It is legal in alot of states, including california where I lived for over 6 years. There are rules to regulate it though. You are not allowed to exceed 35mph while splitting lanes.

Legal or not, i still do this here in wisconsin. I also never ride without a helmet either though.

Well besides that time when i was tuning PORK's suspension.... But that doesnt count :thumbsup

slickwilly
03-07-2008, 04:56 PM
The bias survives in pretty much every state. Although many have helmet laws now.

I completely agree about the exhaust. I've been bitching about that ever since I got my first exhaust ticket.

slickwilly
03-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Another problem is the monkeys they got filling the pot holes. Not one of them knows how to fill the hole evenly its always too low or like 3 inches too high. Morons. God I miss the nice smooth roads of Florida.
I think it's pretty obvious that construction workers/road maintenance crews don't give a shit about you or your car.

TURTLE
03-07-2008, 06:55 PM
in all honesty, i was thinking of getting a bike this summer(rocket, or naked bike) and i just can't see myself investing that kinda money if i'm not gonna feel comfortable riding it because of the roads...
and good call on the 105th... that's gonna be tons of fun with the marquette construction going on as well...

WickedSix
03-07-2008, 07:08 PM
I worry but you learn where they are riding slow and where to avoid them..... no road is gonna be perfect..... but they do need to get ALOT better before my bike sees them this year.... even tho the sv650 rides more upright than the average rocket... it still can jolt the shit outta my kidneys if the road is bad :mad: hopefully holy hill and kettle moraine roads are decent come springtime....

88Nightmare
03-07-2008, 07:19 PM
I was on a harley last summer and hit a sunken manhole cover in the road on national ave and it flung me all over the road and scared the shit out of me to boot. **** having a bike now till these potholes are fixed

Russ Jerome
03-07-2008, 07:24 PM
In my opinion most people are not thinking that in 2 to 3 months sport bikes, mopeds, Harley's and just about anything with 2 wheels will be coming out of storage.

I've already been out twice! I pretend the potholes are little
aliens and the ice creaping out from the curb is Satan trying
to take me out early :)

Any pothole in my area will take me out, Im sporting 10" wheels
and a single hole would make me endover, face to ground.

awsomeears
03-07-2008, 08:00 PM
I've already been out twice! I pretend the potholes are little
aliens and the ice creaping out from the curb is Satan trying
to take me out early :)

Any pothole in my area will take me out, Im sporting 10" wheels
and a single hole would make me endover, face to ground.

:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

jamest
03-08-2008, 01:26 AM
The 105th is a few months away. Based on their current deployement of work crews I am sure a majority of it will be addressed in the city. Now only if Harley riders would extend some respect to homeowners by not dropping their clutch and roaring down a residental street doing 40MPH at 2am I would have more sympathy for the current road situation.

SlowStee
03-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Bluemound between 124th and HWY 100 is absolutely ridiculous. You can't possibly not a hit a pot hole in that stretch of road.

Its like driving through an Auto-X on bluemound :rolf

pretty bad.

lordairgtar
03-09-2008, 06:40 PM

Our car club (WSRA) sponsors a Poker Fun run in the spring every year. I have not seen any Mad Mothers Against Drinkers anywhere near us. LOL Splitting lanes is indeed legal to do in some states. As far as loud exaust goes, the bikers do say drivers of cars are more aware of the noise. I can see that, but the noise does bother me especially when the asshat upstairs bitches about my dog barking, but he can roll in on his hog at the ass-crack of dawn after a night of boozing and whoring