PDA

View Full Version : Stanman=dadman

STANMAN
03-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Well, went with Jen to the ultrasound today, it's confirmed, I will be a dad! Jen is 16 weeks along, which should be an August birthday, so no Woodward Dream Cruise for me this year.:durr

Lots of emotions, anyone who knows me knows I am not an infant person, I wish it could just pop out at like 5 years old, lol! Emotions from happy to scared shitless right now, lol. I am to old for this!!! Anyone who has kids on this board, your opinions are welcome!

HITMAN
03-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Congrats, man. :thumbsup
I'm sure you will be one proud papa when you change that first loaded diaper. You can have it bronzed. :rolf

CPonyGo
03-07-2008, 02:03 PM
congrats....its all a learning experience- one that you will be glad in the future you did... I have two grown step boyz from my late wife and now I am starting over with my fiancee who has a 13 yr and 10 yr old kids...but none of my own blood but wish I did..

good luck

xxtremeteam
03-07-2008, 02:06 PM
congrats stanman

juicedimpss
03-07-2008, 02:11 PM
congrats on getting laid dude!

haha
seriously congrats,thats awesome.
someday ill have a family too.

That_Guy
03-07-2008, 02:12 PM
cool deal dude

Yooformula
03-07-2008, 02:18 PM
congrats!

Flicktitty
03-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Congrats! Atleast the plastic fantastic will remind her/him of fisher price.

HITMAN
03-07-2008, 02:29 PM
someday ill have a family too.

You already do. Miller, Bud, Pabst, Sam Adams, Coors, Guiness, Heineken, Corona, Sprecher, etc... http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/LS1Tech/gr_tongue.gif

Karps TA
03-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Time to sell the car for diapers.

WickedSix
03-07-2008, 02:36 PM
congratulations Bob :thumbsup

you'll learn along the way and take solice in the fact the good lord saw fit to make em pretty resilient whilst you learn :D

hrsp
03-07-2008, 02:37 PM
congrats!!!

Want_Notch
03-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Congrats Bob. I have two girls. 4 and almost 6. You will love being a dad.....I do.

BadAzzGTA89
03-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Congrats!
I don't miss those days i like to sleep through the night:)

STANMAN
03-07-2008, 02:42 PM
Congrats!
I don't miss those days i like to sleep through the night:)

That's what I am afraid of, lol. I work 2nd for a reason, I like to sleep.

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. It's a pretty emotional time, but it's good to hear that those who do have kids wouldn't trade them for the world.

And Patty isn't going anywhere, I have had THAT dicussion already!!!! I may get rid of some of my guns, but Patty stays!!

Cryptic
03-07-2008, 02:44 PM
them cold winters get ya every time :goof
congrats

Breecher_7
03-07-2008, 02:45 PM
That's what I am afraid of, lol. I work 2nd for a reason, I like to sleep.

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. It's a pretty emotional time, but it's good to hear that those who do have kids wouldn't trade them for the world.

And Patty isn't going anywhere, I have had THAT dicussion already!!!! I may get rid of some of my guns, but Patty stays!!

NOT THE GUNS!!!!

Sell the f'n car before you sell the guns. Or atleast wait to see who gets elected for president, you may rethink selling them.

BUT... If you do, send me a message. I may be interested in some of them.

Feature Pony
03-07-2008, 02:46 PM
anyone who knows me knows I am not an infant person, I wish it could just pop out at like 5 years old, lol!

I tell you I have a boy that is going to be 6 in july and I thought the same thing when he was born. The cool thing is when they are infants they stay in 1 place, cry, sleep and make dirty diapers all in 1 place and they don't talk back to the parents.. Now he is 5 and he talks back, gives attitude, wants every toy made to man, but its still cool I wish he was still a baby but enjoy the little times you have with them cause before you know it they start 1st grade and the teacher calls you on a weekly basis.. LOL Congrats BTW!!!:banana1:

STANMAN
03-07-2008, 02:48 PM
NOT THE GUNS!!!!

Sell the f'n car before you sell the guns. Or atleast wait to see who gets elected for president, you may rethink selling them.

BUT... If you do, send me a message. I may be interested in some of them.

I have been thinking about trimming the collection anyway. Moving 3 huge gunsafes (and I still have guns laying around everywhere, ask anyone who's been to my house, lol) every time I have to move just isn't as fun as it used to be!!!

juicedimpss
03-07-2008, 02:55 PM
I have been thinking about trimming the collection anyway. Moving 3 huge gunsafes (and I still have guns laying around everywhere, ask anyone who's been to my house, lol) every time I have to move just isn't as fun as it used to be!!!

any .22s?

y2kws6
03-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Congrates, Grin and bare it. You will love them and hate them (what they do all the time) all at the same time.

Dan

DirtyMax
03-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Enjioy your un-interrupted sleep now while you still get it.

moels
03-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Well, I can say that when the kid pops out your priorities in life change immediately. Enjoy while he/she is young even though it is difficult sometimes, because they grow up way too fast.

97z2801ss
03-07-2008, 03:21 PM
congrats man!
I have a lil one too you will enjoy it

Breecher_7
03-07-2008, 03:22 PM
The thought of kids right now makes me cringe. I think kinda along the same lines as you do bob. Id rather just start with a 5 year old. I have absolutly NO interest in Loud, whining, expensive babies.

I also dont take kindly to changing my lifestyle.

Heat Seeker WS6
03-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Congratulations Dad-Man!!

:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana
:banana1::banana1::banana1::banana1::banana1:
:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana
:banana1::banana1::banana1::banana1:

Cutlass Queen
03-07-2008, 03:23 PM
congratulations bob!

Poncho
03-07-2008, 03:24 PM
gettin' married?

Breecher_7
03-07-2008, 03:26 PM
gettin' married?

Bachelor Party!!!! :banana :alcoholic

Z28Roxy
03-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Congrats Bob.

And yeahhhhhh agree with some of the other posters here. No kids. Ever.

slickwilly
03-07-2008, 04:05 PM
I'm sure that it's very exciting, and will likely be plenty of fun.

I look forward to having kids... someday. Was a camp counselor last year for kids 7-15 and it was a blast, but incredibly stressful. I think it was worse dealing with management and the other counselors than it was dealing with the kids though. :rolf

Beagle
03-07-2008, 04:26 PM
congrats bob!!!

STANMAN
03-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Married? Been down that road before. I would tread it again, but not immediatly. Who wants to see a huge bride in wedding pics? I want hot chic wedding pics to offeset my ugly mug, lol!

juicedimpss
03-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Congrats Bob.

And yeahhhhhh agree with some of the other posters here. No kids. Ever.

arent you going to be a teacher?:confused

Z28Roxy
03-07-2008, 04:57 PM

Yes. Though I'm leaning more towards teaching college actually. Time to start working on a math PhD :wooo

And if I do teach "kids" it will be 11th-12th grade.

Karps TA
03-07-2008, 04:59 PM
And if I do teach "kids" it will be 11th-12th grade.

Good thinking. Thats when the chics are hottest :thumbsup

:rolf

slickwilly
03-07-2008, 05:02 PM

"You know what I like about high school girls? I get older and they stay the same age."

Z28Roxy
03-07-2008, 05:04 PM

Do I need to go over the story of the 17 year old female student of mine (private tutoring company) that tried to put the moves on me? :eek: It was disturbing.

Karps TA
03-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Wait give me a couple minutes to get a little more comfortable.

Z28Roxy
03-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Wait give me a couple minutes to get some lube and whip it out

Hey now, that's way too much information.

Korndogg
03-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Do I need to go over the story of the 17 year old female student of mine (private tutoring company) that tried to put the moves on me? :eek: It was disturbing.

yes.

GRAMPS SS
03-07-2008, 06:04 PM
congrats to you and jen...kids are great....but they grow up fast....ENJOY EVERY MIN YOU CAN...

Deggy
03-07-2008, 06:05 PM
Congrats Bob! :thumbsup

maybe they will make a Mustang Sedan just for you :thumbsup

STANMAN
03-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Congrats Bob! :thumbsup

maybe they will make a Mustang Sedan just for you :thumbsup

A mustang wagon would be killer!!!!

GRAMPS SS
03-07-2008, 06:34 PM
^^^^^^^there was a pic posted of the said car a while ago here....it looked sweeet...someone has to dig that up for daddy bob...

Deggy
03-07-2008, 06:44 PM
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z6/deggyfresh/mustang-wagon.jpg

GRAMPS SS
03-07-2008, 06:45 PM
thats it...the soccer dad ride....

team beater
03-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Congrats, I just had a daughter 2 1/2 weeks ago. You will never be the same, its great

GRAMPS SS
03-07-2008, 06:48 PM
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z6/deggyfresh/mustang-wagon.jpg

wonder if i could get that front end to fit my wagon...that would be sweeeet....ROUSH Taurus STANG....

WickedSix
03-07-2008, 06:49 PM
just don't put an integra front end on the wagon wayne :thumbsup

Deggy
03-07-2008, 06:52 PM
whats wrong with a Roush Taur-tegra

GRAMPS SS
03-07-2008, 07:01 PM
^^^^everything...

MoCkiN U
03-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Oh man let me not tell you about my last 2 weeks then. She is so darn cute when she pukes on you uncontrollably and then smiles at you afterwards. Then decides, well I dont feel good tonight so i am not going to sleep until midnight and I am going to wake up every hour on the hour screaming my head off so you cant sleep BUT.......

smile so innocently once you pick her up. They are little devils I tell you !! Now that she is feeling good again and over the sickness she is all sweet and sleeping 8 hours and ITS HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!

Slow Joe
03-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Congrats Bob!

Lookin for a wagon, eh? Time to go to the dark side :rolf Magnum R/T :rolf

http://www.dodge.com/shared/2008/magnum/exterior/images/lowb/ext_srt8.jpg

forest
03-07-2008, 07:27 PM
I have a kid, a boy and he was born on my birthday of all days last year. I never get to see him and the whole expierience aint cool really, going to court right now with the girl. MAKE SURE its what you want, I voted no, she voted yes, and now i gotta deal with the B.S. kid is great though, behaves well from what I hear..... just my honest opinion

forest

USMARINE1108
03-07-2008, 07:34 PM
It's the greatest thing ever. You're going to hear it a million times, but you wont get it until you're holding your little one, cut the cord, grabs your hand and opens his/her eyes for the first time. Nothing like it.

Reverend Cooper
03-07-2008, 07:35 PM
whats more amazing than birth is that a chick had sex with you,willingly

Deggy
03-07-2008, 07:40 PM

:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

Slow Joe
03-07-2008, 07:41 PM

Bwahahahahaha I was gunna say it but decided to be nice... :rolf :rolf

STANMAN
03-07-2008, 09:37 PM
Who said it was willing?

I was married once upon a time also. Hard to believe, I know.

Beagle
03-07-2008, 09:43 PM

im sorry Bob no offense to you but god coop its the comments like this one that make us all laugh at loud. you say the shit everyone is thinking and its hilarious. :thumbsup

1siksrt
03-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Congrats and thank god its not me:rolf

Mr Twigbert
03-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Kids are great Bob..

- When their small you can kiss sleep good by..
- Changing dipers is FTL..
- The smell of them throwing up on you is unforgettable..
- Seeing them color on your couch w/ an ink pen is the best..
- Cleaning up constant messes and unclogging the toilet rocks..
- Listening to the whining and crying truly pierces to the bone..
- Dealing with their shit till their 18.. Priceless..

Run.. Run like theres no tomorrow.. The second you pause and rethink you will be too late to get away.. BUT, if you choose to stay then at least you have the above to look forward to..

Anakonda69
03-08-2008, 11:42 AM
congrats bob....

michelle
03-08-2008, 12:28 PM

I'm getting my license for teaching 1st-8th and no kids for me either. (:

Breecher_7
03-08-2008, 06:13 PM
I have a kid, a boy and he was born on my birthday of all days last year. I never get to see him and the whole expierience aint cool really, going to court right now with the girl. MAKE SURE its what you want, I voted no, she voted yes, and now i gotta deal with the B.S. kid is great though, behaves well from what I hear..... just my honest opinion

forest

Its funny how it takes two to make a kid but only one truly has the choice of weather or not its born. Then the person that does not want the kid is stuck paying for it for 18 years.

Im a firm believer that if the father does not want the child and the mother does, she is making a decision on her own. Although im sure A few will have a moral dilema with this, I dont think the father should have to be financially responsible or a father figure in any way if he does not want to be. If that is the case, the odds are the kid will be better off without him anyway.

I think child support is garbage, I think it should be heavily regulated by the state, not a free for all. If the guy makes more than 30K a year it does not cost anywhere near 17% of his monthly income to support a child. The woman would need a place to live and pay normal living expenses without the kid.

For example, you get $500 for child support. So in all fairness there should be $500 out of your own pocket paying for that child every month. Considering your living arrangements would not differ that much and neither would your other bills. It does not cost anywhere NEAR $1000 a month for a child.

In reality your paying for that woman to own a car she could not afford without child support or to support some other expensive habbit/hobby that would not normally be in her budget.

**** that...... :flipoff2:

Deggy
03-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Its funny how it takes two to make a kid but only one truly has the choice of weather or not its born. Then the person that does not want the kid is stuck paying for it for 18 years.

Im a firm believer that if the father does not want the child and the mother does, she is making a decision on her own. Although im sure A few will have a moral dilema with this, I dont think the father should have to be financially responsible or a father figure in any way if he does not want to be. If that is the case, the odds are the kid will be better off without him anyway.

I think child support is garbage, I think it should be heavily regulated by the state, not a free for all. If the guy makes more than 30K a year it does not cost anywhere near 17% of his monthly income to support a child. The woman would need a place to live and pay normal living expenses without the kid.

For example, you get $500 for child support. So in all fairness there should be $500 out of your own pocket paying for that child every month. Considering your living arrangements would not differ that much and neither would your other bills. It does not cost anywhere NEAR $1000 a month for a child.

In reality your paying for that woman to own a car she could not afford without child support or to support some other expensive habbit/hobby that would not normally be in her budget.

People probably will have a moral dillima with this, but I actually agree with what you are saying. While most people look at it as wrong, but it still makes sense.

Rocket Power
03-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Congrats.
I love being a parent, I am slowly getting mine to be a car chick. Been taking her to car shows since 1 year old:rolf

Ricky Bobby
03-08-2008, 08:50 PM

i hate to admit it but hes right friend is in this type o deal she lives in shit housing and cant dress or feed the kid but she has a brand new car which the payment is 25 bucks less a month than she gets from my friend ****** ***** :flipoff2:

Anakonda69
03-08-2008, 09:05 PM

amen brotha....