PDA

View Full Version : best local GM dealership parts dept's

PB86MCSS
09-28-2003, 01:12 PM
I am curious on where some of you guys go when you need/get a GM part locally, as far as which dealerships. Basically concerned about the best prices, it seems it does vary by the dealership.

If Im ordering parts that Im in no hurry for or are expensive enough I go www.gmpartsdirect.com for the best prices by far, provided you have the part #. But for cheap items and in a pinch, its better to get it locally.

Burgandy85SS
09-28-2003, 05:17 PM
I get all my GM parts through Renner Olds on Mayfair Road(HWY 100) Even though they wont be selling Olds to much longer they still will be selling GM parts.

A B4C Z
09-28-2003, 07:08 PM
Bob tolken buick! They next day ship everything. So you order something monday 12 its there the next day for you.

Jake B. (Killer Quad)
09-29-2003, 12:12 AM
I'd say Wilde Pontiac!!
lets just say there is a guy there with a fast Grand Am and gives
discounts to people who are members of brewcity muscle, MFBA and Grand am gt.com

Just ask for Jacob and let him know who ya are!!

and no dealer will touch the prices of GM parts direct

:thumbsup

PB86MCSS
09-29-2003, 03:00 AM
Hey, sounds good Jake! :haveabeer

I broke down and ordered the part I needed(lower fan shroud for dual fan TPI f-body) since I busted mine, its a cheapie part and still available, luckilly. Also ordered a serpentine A/C delete pulley so shipping cost was lowered a tad so Im paying about the same cost now for the shroud, not over GM retail with the shipping cost that gmpartsdirect charges. They are the king for prices :D, and in my case have shipped everything very quickly.

I used to go to Holz since they are kind of close to me...last time I was there was just to get a part # for an EGR valve and the guy seemed pissy I wasnt ordering it, just needed the part #. I mentioned gmpartsdirect.com and he didnt seem to have a clue :rolleyes: .

BAD LS1
09-29-2003, 10:28 AM
Greenfield Pontiac or Bob Fish GMC in West Bend. Both have an enourmous parts inventory and are decently priced compared to other dealers. You be supprised at some of the odd ball stuff both these places have in stock. Greenfield is southeastern wisconsin's GM collision parts source of supply and havea ton of body parts in stock as well.

Tom B

drrodder
09-29-2003, 01:09 PM
I used to order all my 76 Monte parts from Hall Chevy, but I also had a friend working there at that time for some discount. Otherwise Holz has always got me my parts on time for the normal cost. I have had local dealers get parts or direct me to the other local dealers that have a part in stock so I can get it right away.

As for older cars, there are a number of mail order places that carry GM parts still in GM packages. (LMC Truck is good for pick up and Suburban parts from 1948 to 1987)

BlownMe
09-29-2003, 03:55 PM
The parts people at Holz Cheverolet know me by first name now since i've spent a LOT of time in there lately.