PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play any instruments?

PureSound15
03-07-2008, 12:37 AM
I'm only curious. I've been playing drums since I was 7 or so. I've played with the Milwaukee Symphony, Jazz bands, blues bands, rock bands, country bands, metal bands... everything. I've done 2 national tours and 9 albums that I can think of. I've got a Pearl Masters 8 piece kit that I break down into whatever I need with the rack system.

So who else is a musician? If you're a pro or even screw around on weekends let's hear about it!
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i34/puresound15/Drumming111.jpg

BadAzzGTA89
03-07-2008, 01:11 AM
I hope no one says skin flute!
Sorry i just had to :durr

Al
03-07-2008, 01:21 AM
I needed some diversity in my arts credits, so i took piano lessons. I have an A in the class so far!

Beagle
03-07-2008, 01:47 AM
Ive played piano since i was 7. i also play guitar. but mainly i am a drummer. I really like to play set i also have an 8 piece pearl set along with my very first set was a 5 piece mapex. played in a few bands in highschool but was just for fun. im better at playing a snare drum. i never came home from a solo comp with out taking first. have gotten only gold medals. i actually scored a perfect score my junior year at a district comp and at state comp. the solo i played was called phantom phire it was six pages of crazy rudiments. that same day i was offered to play in 3 different drum corps. i still try to play everyday.

d0nut
03-07-2008, 05:51 AM
I play guitar and bass (both poorly) to annoy the nieghbors. I just picked up a Powerhouse Strat (Hencho in Mexico but nice) in gold metalic with a pearl white pick guard and play through a Line 6 Spider with 2 12's in it.

My 6 year old son plays drums and has a full size Pearl kit. My 11 year daughter plays guitar and bass and sight reads bass music. They both picked up on it quickly and will soon tire of covering for me when we play together...

Josepy
03-07-2008, 08:18 AM
I'm only curious. I've been playing drums since I was 7 or so. I've played with the Milwaukee Symphony, Jazz bands, blues bands, rock bands, country bands, metal bands... everything. I've done 2 national tours and 9 albums that I can think of. I've got a Pearl Masters 8 piece kit that I break down into whatever I need with the rack system.

So who else is a musician? If you're a pro or even screw around on weekends let's hear about it!
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i34/puresound15/Drumming111.jpg

nice set. ive been playing drums since i was about 14. yamaha maple red stage custom with zildjian cymbals.

HY35F2T
03-07-2008, 08:31 AM
my bro plays guiar got his own lil band heres his myspace link,

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=283619769

never really was into the hard metal but starting to get into it.Think im the only person that listens to all kind of music from rap,metal,alt,some country:alcoholic lol.oh yeah hes fernando(tanto)lol

PureSound15
03-07-2008, 08:54 AM
Badass! I'm trying to find a couple guys to do a blues/funk thing. If anyone is interested let me know!

awsomeears
03-07-2008, 11:09 AM
I can use these to make or mix music to me its a form of a instrument :thumbsup

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/bradjancarik/e67f30ba.gif

Cryptic
03-07-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm pretty good at Guitar Hero 3 :shades

JC70SS
03-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Drums since 4th grade. Pure I am not a Pearl fan though. Sonor drums only.

WickedSix
03-07-2008, 11:51 AM
bari sax and a we tid bit o guitar

Poncho
03-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Been playing casually off and on since 15.

First guitar was a 50's looking brown sunburst/maple headstock Mexi-Stratocaster, souped up w/ a Seymour Duncan set of pickups. It had: Hot Rails, Duckbucker and a Vintage rails. pickup. Teenage angst killed that guitar. The only surviving thing from that guitar was the vintage rails pickup.

Now I have a cheaper black metallic/rosewood necked strat w/ the vintage rails in the bridge, and "uncovered" stock pickups (coil covers removed) for the other two.

I just mess around at home, so I use a Zoom 505II for effects.

Deggy
03-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Skull****.....nice name

USMARINE1108
03-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Been playing drums since I can remember, but nothing too serious anymore. Did the whole band/marching band/jazz band/show choir band stuff in high school, my senior year I had 5 music classes hahahaha. I wrote a solo and got a first at state my junior year and marched in Capitol Sound one summer. I still play quite a bit, but nothing serious. It's hard to find people to jam with around here. Right now I have http://www.roland.com/products/en/TD-9KX/index.html that I added some stuff to. I got it when I sold my acoustic kit and lived in an apratment. It's very versatile, but would like to play and acoustic set sometimes. It is fun to play with MIDI and Acid Pro.

GRAMPS SS
03-07-2008, 06:39 PM
Ive played piano since i was 7. i also play guitar. but mainly i am a drummer. I really like to play set i also have an 8 piece pearl set along with my very first set was a 5 piece mapex. played in a few bands in highschool but was just for fun. im better at playing a snare drum. i never came home from a solo comp with out taking first. have gotten only gold medals. i actually scored a perfect score my junior year at a district comp and at state comp. the solo i played was called phantom phire it was six pages of crazy rudiments. that same day i was offered to play in 3 different drum corps. i still try to play with myself everyday.

way to go beag...here i thought you would be the one to say skin flute....j/k

TURTLE
03-07-2008, 06:43 PM
drummer by training, but i've dabbled with guitar and bass...

got rid of my kit(no room at the inn) but still have most of my guitar stuff(no bass stuff) including my tube screamer and my american(before the mexican option was offered) squire strat...

i'd be down for playin ryan.. PM me some details..

GRAMPS SS
03-07-2008, 07:00 PM
sean plays guitar...he's pretty good for his age....he use to play clarinet...took gold in every comp he was in...he needed a chage he said and took up guitar....and is really good at guitar hero 3 like andy....

Reverend Cooper
03-07-2008, 07:47 PM
i have played guitar since i was 12, i have had too many to remember my fav. that i still have is a ernie ball musicman eddie van halen edition tiger maple purple in color. i play thre a vetta twin twelve combo amp that literally has limitless capabilities for effect. its fully computerized and can have patches uploaded or downloaded threw my home cpu. i have played in several bands and many gigs,but my car wreck took me outta the scene for along time. now its just for fun. but i would love to get back into it hardcore. i can play the piano,violin and viola. i live for music and my cars as my hobby

PureSound15
03-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Coop and Turtle, what kinda music do you guys like to play?

Reverend Cooper
03-07-2008, 08:07 PM
i can and will play anything