PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk Bluetooth Headsets

badass88gt
03-06-2008, 07:20 PM
What are some good and bad headsets for Bluetooth?

Share your experiences.

That_Guy
03-06-2008, 07:21 PM
i have a jabra and have had no problems with it.

Deggy
03-06-2008, 07:26 PM
I had some $50 bluetooth and it was better than the $100 one that my dad has.

GRAMPS SS
03-06-2008, 08:38 PM
i had the JABRA BT500V.......loved it...never knew i was wearing it....battery went out on it after 1 1/2 years and i called them about it...they said send it back...sent me a fedex label and everything.....well they don't make it anymore...so i got a brand new in the box,.....BT5020.......love it as much as trhe BT500V.....have had it 2 weeks now dan.....
stay away from JAWBONE..to much $$$$$$$$$ and looks ghetto while your wearing it dan....
the JABRA BT250V is a nice set up...you can get one at best buy for 49.00...not a bad set up for what it is...was hi tech for it's time...still is a little i guess...
try a JABRA..if you want i have an extra BT500 for ya to try....like new.....pm me if you want danno...

but check into the JABRA BT5020... i think you'll like it...

That_Guy
03-06-2008, 08:40 PM
i had the JABRA BT500V.......loved it...never knew i was wearing it....battery went out on it after 1 1/2 years and i called them about it...they said send it back...sent me a fedex label and everything.....well they don't make it anymore...so i got a brand new in the box,.....BT5020.......love it as much as trhe BT500V.....have had it 2 weeks now dan.....
stay away from JAWBONE..to much $$$$$$$$$ and looks ghetto while your wearing it dan....
the JABRA BT250V is a nice set up...you can get one at best buy for 49.00...not a bad set up for what it is...was hi tech for it's time...still is a little i guess...
try a JABRA..if you want i have an extra BT500 for ya to try....like new.....pm me iof you want danno...

but check into the JABRA BT5020... i think you'll like it...

bt500v is what i have i really like it

GRAMPS SS
03-06-2008, 08:46 PM
BT500V IS SWEET....don't you think....why they took it out of there line up..i don't know...i even asked them.....they said the BT5020 was to take it's place.....the BT500V is 1.2...the BT5020 is 2.0......means you get a better and quicker connection and less background noise...better noise filter as well........the mic is more sensitive then the BT500V as well.....the only down fall is the ear gel...not like the BT500V's at all....

modmachz
03-06-2008, 08:48 PM
I just bought a blue ant vc12 what a piece of shit, sounds like you are talking in a drum, and its hard for people to hear you.
It will be going back to cellular one for maybe a different kind??

That_Guy
03-06-2008, 08:54 PM
BT500V IS SWEET....don't you think....why they took it out of there line up..i don't know...i even asked them.....they said the BT5020 was to take it's place.....the BT500V is 1.2...the BT5020 is 2.0......means you get a better and quicker connection and less background noise...better noise filter as well........the mic is more sensitive then the BT500V as well.....the only down fall is the ear gel...not like the BT500V's at all....

yeah i use my bt500v for playing on my ps3 all the time its great

GRAMPS SS
03-06-2008, 09:07 PM
I just bought a blue ant vc12 what a piece of shit, sounds like you are talking in a drum, and its hard for people to hear you.
It will be going back to cellular one for maybe a different kind??

BUY A JABRA....you'll like it....this is not a marketing tool for me...i have no ties to JABRA.....i just like them...know alot of people that tried others...ended up buy a JABRA and loving them....will be money well spent....:thumbsup

badass88gt
03-06-2008, 09:10 PM
She bought a Motorola one, we'll see how she likes it I guess.

LIZMO
03-06-2008, 09:20 PM
i guess i got a crappy jabra... i dont know if everyone has to do this, but whenever i want to use it and turn it on, i have to search for it in my phone (my mom said it should just find it automatically when i turn the bluetooth piece on..) and then sometimes when im not using it, and its turned on in my ear (and the phone is right next to me or in my pocket) it beeps and gets disconnected...

moels
03-06-2008, 09:46 PM
What's so hard about talking into the actual phone? Blue tooth devices seem like a real waste unless you have your hands full of beer and chips.

badass88gt
03-06-2008, 09:52 PM
What's so hard about talking into the actual phone? Blue tooth devices seem like a real waste unless you have your hands full of beer and chips.

She wants it for driving, she spends a bit of time in her truck, and you KNOW how women are with phones....:shades

GRAMPS SS
03-06-2008, 09:54 PM
i guess i got a crappy jabra... i dont know if everyone has to do this, but whenever i want to use it and turn it on, i have to search for it in my phone (my mom said it should just find it automatically when i turn the bluetooth piece on..) and then sometimes when im not using it, and its turned on in my ear (and the phone is right next to me or in my pocket) it beeps and gets disconnected...

you don't have it paired right.....:thumbsup

moels
03-06-2008, 09:55 PM
She wants it for driving, she spends a bit of time in her truck, and you KNOW how women are with phones....:shades

Yes I do. One girl I was seeing should have had a bluetooth. It would have looked better than the flip phone hanging from her ear 24/7. When I was nailing her I had to call it phone sex........lol

GRAMPS SS
03-06-2008, 09:56 PM

for me..i need it...i'm on the road alot with sales and it's easier for me to use a bluetooth on the freeway, or while drive anywhere, then hold the phone....safety wayner....:thumbsup

Mudd Runner
03-06-2008, 09:57 PM
hated the jabra i had i have a motorola now it was only 10 bucks on woot its alright my dad has a plantronics and that will be the next one i buy he let me try it out and its awesome

moels
03-06-2008, 10:11 PM
for me..i need it...i'm on the road alot with sales and it's easier for me to use a bluetooth on the freeway, or while drive anywhere, then hold the phone....safety wayner....:thumbsup

Seriously, I understand that Wayne. I hate talking on the phone while I am driving, I can't even take a swig of beer if that hand is tied up. J/K!

GRAMPS SS
03-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Seriously, I understand that Wayne. I hate talking on the phone while I am driving, I can't even take a swig of beer if that hand is tied up. J/K!

you know that is not what you ment to say......what with what hand......but i'll leave that one alone this time...:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:ro lf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

T-Bag
03-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Bluetooth is nice when im playing xbox and need to talk to the girl.

PS3 uses standard bluetooth earpieces which is a lot nicer than having an actual headset.

H8RADE
03-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Wyfe has a Moto H700 and loves it.
We also have an H670 that we haven't tried out yet.
Plantronics Discovery is also a nice choice.
Best I have ever used is the Aliph Jawbone.
https://us.jawbone.com/store/img/jawbone_black.jpg
Amazing quality...you won't find better.
https://us.jawbone.com/store/
:thumbsup

GRAMPS SS
03-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Wyfe has a Moto H700 and loves it.
We also have an H670 that we haven't tried out yet.
Plantronics Discovery is also a nice choice.

granted..the jawbone was designed by the government...was used by chopper pilots...then they saw the potential for the public...126.00 later at best buy...mine sits on the shelf...i chose the BT500V over it...now the BT5020 as i said earlier....but to each there own....JMO

LIZMO
03-06-2008, 10:40 PM
you don't have it paired right.....:thumbsup

so that means next time i see you, you can fix it for me? :headbang

MoCkiN U
03-06-2008, 10:44 PM
I use the jabra 8040. Its a great single ear piece that fits in the ear with no outer loop and also plays music through bluetooth. Great piece for $70

http://blog.treonauts.com/JabraBT8040_2D03.jpg

Reverend Cooper
03-06-2008, 11:25 PM
i have the real exspensive motorola one that is super small and it works great

Waver
03-07-2008, 12:36 AM
honestly, jobra, plantronics, and motorola are the only ones to go with, and get your self one with a rechargable battery....

fly5150
03-07-2008, 06:55 AM
I bought the motorola H9 a little while back. I got nothing but complaints from people that it was hard to understand and sounded hollow. I just dumped it on ebay. Looking for a new one.

subliminal1284
03-07-2008, 08:58 AM
I had 2 plantronics I found still in the package and both worked perfect. Paid $0 :D

HITMAN
03-07-2008, 11:28 AM
https://us.jawbone.com/store/

I second the Jawbone. It works pretty good for me but they hype the noise canceling more than they should. I still have people complaining to me about hearing wind noise from time to time.

If you decide to buy one, get it from Amazon. They were way cheaper than anyone else I checked.

team beater
03-07-2008, 06:53 PM
i sell them at work and have a great assortment, if you want to stop by just PM me

Slow Joe
03-07-2008, 07:45 PM
I just got Krisite a SimpleBE WMA300, and so far so good... She likes it and it's easy to use... So we'll see how it goes...

badass88gt
03-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Well, she bought the Motorola one, she's returning it. Doesnt like the way it fits I guess. She must have a weird head.