PDA

View Full Version : Wii peeps... HD

Cryptic
03-05-2008, 09:43 AM
OK.. I'm an idiot... I've been playing on the Wii for about 9 months now and I assumed I was at 480p when swapped out cables to component.

Josh informed me there's a control panel (which I never ventured into) were you can turn on the 480p and widescreen and surround sound. DAMN! does that make a difference....
I didnt even know wireless internet was built into the damn thing. I assumed Nintendo would hit me up for another 40 bucks for a wifi adapter.

no more headaches from staring at 65" of blurry graphics

cliff notes: have a peak in your control panel and turn on the HD and wireless!

Waver
03-05-2008, 10:00 AM
OK.. I'm an idiot... I've been playing on the Wii for about 9 months now and I assumed I was at 480p when swapped out cables to component.

Josh informed me there's a control panel (which I never ventured into) were you can turn on the 480p and widescreen and surround sound. DAMN! does that make a difference....
I didnt even know wireless internet was built into the damn thing. I assumed Nintendo would hit me up for another 40 bucks for a wifi adapter.

no more headaches from staring at 65" of blurry graphics

cliff notes: have a peak in your control panel and turn on the HD and wireless!

How do you get the wifi to work, I have had the damn thing since november, and hardly ever play it.....

GRNDNL
03-05-2008, 10:05 AM
OK.. I'm an idiot...

I know nothing about a Wii (what ever the hell that thing is) I just wanted to let you know I agree 100% with this self observation........:thumbsup :chair:

Cryptic
03-05-2008, 10:26 AM
yeah I knew that was coming... I was timing you...

H8RADE
03-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Love my goddam Wii.
Game Party is the latest thing here, with Beer Pong, Shuffleboard, Pop a Shot, etc.
Rechargable batteries are key.
:thumbsup

BTW...aren't you somewhat of a 'tech-type'?
Ask any 11 year old and they can help out with the Wii console.

Mr. Brett
03-05-2008, 01:48 PM
there's a control panel (which I never ventured into) were you can turn on the 480p and widescreen and surround sound. DAMN! does that make a difference....

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I had it for a year before I went into that menu and found the HD settings... MUCH better.

Poncho
03-05-2008, 03:31 PM
You dork Andy, thats funny though. I need to upgrade cables, anyway. Hope I have the spare ports since the 360 is already utilizing the HD ports.

ND4SPD
03-05-2008, 03:59 PM
How do you get the wifi to work, I have had the damn thing since november, and hardly ever play it.....

You have a wireless network right?

Waver
03-05-2008, 09:21 PM
You have a wireless network right?
yeah, is there somthing that I need to turn on, on the wii to get it to work?

Cryptic
03-05-2008, 10:47 PM
just never bothered to do anything on the Wii but go straight to the games.. never bothered with the control panel before, that's all I was saying.

ND4SPD
03-07-2008, 04:31 PM
yeah, is there somthing that I need to turn on, on the wii to get it to work?

You have to go into the Wii settings and do the wireless setup like any other wireless device. It's pretty straight forward, so if you've done that already and it still isn't working there might be another issue at fault like having a wireless access point vs an actual router, having MAC filtering turned on and not having the Wii setup on the router, etc...

BadAzzGTA89
03-07-2008, 05:23 PM
You dork Andy, thats funny though. I need to upgrade cables, anyway. Hope I have the spare ports since the 360 is already utilizing the HD ports.

Here ya go!http://www.firefold.com/images/products/hdmi-2switch-NEW.jpg
http://www.firefold.com/Products/2X1-HDMI-Switch---AutoSense-(OPEN-BOX)__HDMI-2SWITCH-OPENBOX.aspx

Yooformula
03-07-2008, 05:29 PM
oooh nice! does that shit work though?

Poncho
03-07-2008, 08:39 PM
I checked and I have two Component ports so I'm good to go. I bought the HD cables, it's a slight difference, but i'm not all that impressed.

Deggy
03-07-2008, 08:41 PM
They have a beer pong game for Wii? ....I want one now.

H8RADE
03-07-2008, 09:40 PM
They have a beer pong game for Wii? ....I want one now.

Game Party.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8599992&st=game+party&type=product&id=1192233337284
If you can find it, only $20.
Beer pong, shuffleboard, pop-a-shot, darts, skee-ball, etc.
Due to a miscommunication at Hollywood video I have a rental copy of Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and the wyfe, kids, and I haven't put it down all night.
It is now a 'must buy'.
Hasta.

Poncho
03-07-2008, 11:27 PM
wtf game stop would not sell me smash bros brawl today. said it comes out sunday.

H8RADE
03-08-2008, 07:19 AM
wtf game stop would not sell me smash bros brawl today. said it comes out sunday.

Comes out tonight at midnight.
The kids at Hollywood didn't read the release too well and had 7 copies on the shelf.
I rented one before I informed them of their error, as I was walking out the door.
:thumbsup

Poncho
03-08-2008, 01:09 PM
ok. Nice!

Cryptic
03-09-2008, 09:36 AM
I checked and I have two Component ports so I'm good to go. I bought the HD cables, it's a slight difference, but i'm not all that impressed.

Did you turn on the 480p and widescreen? thats the point of the whole thread. There is a difference. like double

Poncho
03-09-2008, 02:53 PM
widescreen was always on, but was on the basic cables. I'm just saying the change from regular cabling to the HD was just a slight difference.

H8RADE
03-09-2008, 03:10 PM
When you pop in Smash Bros. for the first time, the Wii downloads a graphics update.
The graphics on SSBB are the BEST I have seen on the Wii yet...bar fawking none...
Love this game...