PDA

View Full Version : Bedliners that aren't coarse/rough?

GTSLOW
03-02-2008, 06:29 PM
I'm looking to take the carpet out and possibly line the floor pan of my Jeep. I rhyno lined my old ranger and it was like friggen sand paper. I've seen other stuff in the past but not sure if it was DIY?

Breecher_7
03-02-2008, 06:52 PM
There is a company called "Vortex", they do alot of the portable dealer stuff. Not real abraisive, more rubbery.

GTSLOW
03-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Thats exactly what I'm looking for, perfect for an interior/floor.

Breecher_7
03-02-2008, 08:21 PM
contact a local dealership and see what they use and if they can give you a sample piece. I know most of them use a product along these lines because its a low pressure, medium heat application that can be applied with a portable unit.

UnderPSI
03-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Reflex also.

GTSLOW
03-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Well I searched around (online) and didn't have any luck finding anyone who does vortex stuff. Did find a Reflex place about 45mins away. Brad, do you know how long it takes to dry? Would I be able to take it there in the morning and pick it up that evening? I'm gonna call tomorrow to find out.

Also I take it there's no DIY kits that are like these? (strong but soft/rubberish)

70challenger452
03-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Well I searched around (online) and didn't have any luck finding anyone who does vortex stuff. Did find a Reflex place about 45mins away. Brad, do you know how long it takes to dry? Would I be able to take it there in the morning and pick it up that evening? I'm gonna call tomorrow to find out.

Also I take it there's no DIY kits that are like these? (strong but soft/rubberish)

I had the floor in my boat reflexed and it is awsome, my boat has a better bed liner than my truck, kinda sad. I do belive it dries very quickly and if you were to drop it off in the morning you'd be able to pick it up later that day

GTSLOW
03-02-2008, 09:15 PM
I had the floor in my boat reflexed and it is awesome, my boat has a better bed liner than my truck, kinda sad. I do believe it dries very quickly and if you were to drop it off in the morning you'd be able to pick it up later that day

So how is the feel and traction? It's not sand paper/skin ripping like herculiner is it?

UnderPSI
03-02-2008, 09:20 PM
No, it is more of a smooth, rubbery type feel. I think you can get it color matched too.

lordairgtar
03-02-2008, 11:57 PM
(strong but soft/rubberish)
:banana1::banana:wooo:devil:rolf I couldn't resist, I have a dirty mind.

Breecher_7
03-03-2008, 05:31 AM
It takes a matter of seconds to dry, 24hrs to cure.

70challenger452
03-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Yeah it real nice and soft. I don't have carpet or anything on top of it so I'm walking and standing on it with my bare feet. Plus it deadens sound very well, my boat looks better, sounds better, feels better, I love it and I'm so glad I did it. Strongly recommended