PDA

View Full Version : Who else is sick?

Lash
03-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Seriously.....

this is the worst I've been in at least 10 years. It's kicking my ass. My mom works for Pro Health Care and said that they've been getting e-mails about hospitals filling up because of how bad this flu is. It's been causing a lot on pneumonia too. :stare I'm sick....my wife is sick....our son is sick. This sucks.

If you don't have it already....pray that you don't get it!!!!

Korndogg
03-02-2008, 03:22 PM
yep im getting sick right now. I can feel it in my throat and bones. My gf works for pro health care too and she said they have been crazy busy lately because of the flu. Its not a regular flu thought its the respiratory flu.

GTSLOW
03-02-2008, 03:24 PM
My step mother has it, I think its called an "upper respiratory infection?"

Lash
03-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Yeah^

It started out as my chest feeling kinda tight. Next day I was hacking up a lung....and my bones hurt. Then it turned to chills and a fever....followed by severe sinus pain/headaches and a sore throat....along with the body aches. Then back to where I'm at now.....hot flashes, chills, and a fever that comes and goes. I've had it since last Wednesday. My wife has been sick since Monday. A few other I know have been sick for 2 weeks!!! :stare

Korndogg
03-02-2008, 03:31 PM
My step mother has it, I think its called an "upper respiratory infection?"

It can turn into that but it actually starts off as the respiratory flu.

Smokey1226
03-02-2008, 03:33 PM
im sick too.....i hate it.

Poncho
03-02-2008, 03:37 PM
Same here.

Was sick two weeks ago, started to get over it on monday, then nose dove.

stayed home wed, and thurs. They SENT me home on friday. I called in sick on saturday, and I came in today, nothing but upper respiratory shit. coughing, pleghm, and feeling hot, headaches, etc.

lordairgtar
03-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Not sick! Flu shot FTW!!!:banana1::banana:dance

ND4SPD
03-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Same here... get better, get sick, get better, get sick... been like this since Thanksgiving.

Lash
03-02-2008, 05:42 PM

Let me know in a few weeks how that worked out for ya! :punch:

:goof

Korndogg
03-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Same here... get better, get sick, get better, get sick... been like this since Thanksgiving.

You know alot of the people that got it are the ones who got flu shots because they screwed up the shots this year.

Smokey1226
03-02-2008, 05:53 PM
pwned lol

HITMAN
03-02-2008, 06:30 PM

I got one too, but this particular strain of flu wasn't in the cocktail they injected you with. They make the vaccine in the early fall and at that time they (the pharma companies) try to decide which strains of influenza will make the rounds that particular year. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they don't. This year they goofed, and now everybody's getting Captain Tripps lite. I think I got the early version of it in December, just before Christmas. I'm finally just about over it, but I still have a cough that can go apeshit once in a while.:(

Cutlass Queen
03-02-2008, 06:46 PM
I had it and got rid of it...took about 2-3 weeks for it to run its full course and I had antibotics along with cough medicine :stare

Smokey1226
03-02-2008, 07:21 PM
I got one too, but this particular strain of flu wasn't in the cocktail they injected you with. They make the vaccine in the early fall and at that time they (the pharma company) try to decide which strains of influenza will make the rounds that particular year. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they don't. This year they goofed, and now everybody's getting Captain Tripps lite. I think I got the early version of it in December, just before Christmas. I'm finally just about over it, but I still have an cough that can go apeshit once in a while.:(

speaking of that, i got really sick around the same time. To the point where i couldnt leave my bed. Crazyness, i was wondering what that was.

Now i've got like a sinus/cold thing going on. Im almost better but still feel like crap.

Rocket Power
03-02-2008, 07:29 PM
I had a stomach flu last week for 3 days last week but got over it. Everyone at work was sick. Usually I go down first but this year I've one of the luckier ones. knock on wood

Junky Giorgio
03-02-2008, 09:46 PM
I've been feeling like sh*t on a stick for the past 3 days...ooooooooyyyyyyy

hrsp
03-02-2008, 10:12 PM
kick ass immune system FTW!!!!! lol i'll prolly wake up tommorrow sick as ****

Rocket Power
03-02-2008, 10:32 PM
kick ass immune system FTW!!!!! lol i'll prolly wake up tommorrow sick as ****

That's what happend to me.A week of making fun of the other guys at work for being sick whne I was fine, then boom. But I am fine again and they are still sick:rolf

VroomPshhTsi
03-02-2008, 10:34 PM
I only get sick once a year and I just got sick starting yesterday morning. Next 2-3 weeks is going to suck so bad.

GTSLOW
03-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Let me know in a few weeks how that worked out for ya! :punch:

:goof

:rolf for real

lordairgtar
03-02-2008, 11:40 PM
I've been dealing with idiots at work who hack and cough on you with out covering their mouths, plus never wash hands after the rest room. Everytime one of these asshats do that, I'm going to the can and washing my hands. Called some idiot on that very thing and he just says "I no touching you". I don't know what kind of crud he has on his tallywhacker, but I don't want to catch it, neither! I have to be careful as a diabetic because our immune system is supposed to not be so good. I fought the doctor on this for years claiming I had never gotten the flu...ever! So this was the first year I took the stupid shot. If I get sick now, I'm going to be so pissed. I Lysoled the front of the soda and snack machines at work every morning plus the door handles. These idiots don't take a hint. We even had a meeting with plant employees about hygiene.

HRSEPLA
03-02-2008, 11:48 PM
I got what was called inflammed lungs around Thanksgiving and was sick up until 2 weeks ago it progressed to Pnuomonia Had to go on antibiotics, Everytime I would go into public I would get the flu It was horriable!!!
Tina :-)

Holeshot
03-03-2008, 01:14 PM
I have the sickness too. I left work at noon. I couldn't take it any more. I am so drained :(

My lungs feel like I inhaled broken glass and every time I cough It feels like I ate a razor blade. Hot Cold sweats and the back pain sucks.

scaleracer
03-03-2008, 03:53 PM
i've been sick from school for the past 3 weeks and this is the 4th!

0TransAm0
03-03-2008, 03:58 PM
had a really bad cold about 1 1/2 months ago and its just starting to let up.. i can actually sleep now..and im not hacken all damn day.

T-Bag
03-03-2008, 05:44 PM
I've had a cold and sore throat for a little over a week now. Fuggin sucks.

HRSEPLA
03-03-2008, 11:17 PM
I have the sickness too. I left work at noon. I couldn't take it any more. I am so drained :(

My lungs feel like I inhaled broken glass and every time I cough It feels like I ate a razor blade. Hot Cold sweats and the back pain sucks.

If your that bad you needs antibiotics!!!
-Tina

Holeshot
03-04-2008, 10:07 AM
Yeah the wife is a Respiratory Therapist and has been listening to my lungs every few hours. No sign of phenomena. The Dr says if I'm not better by Monday he will give me antibiotics. My fever broke this morning.

Voodoo Chick
03-05-2008, 12:30 AM
I feel like I was basically hit by a bus. I have been sick for 3 weeks now.

SSScottSS
03-05-2008, 01:21 AM
Wow, this sounds like a REALLY nasty flu going around. My son came home from school today with a fever and cough. God I pray I don't get this. Last year I had bronchitis, year before pneumonia. This year so far so good. I'd like to think I'm staying more healthy because I quit smoking like 7 weeks ago :banana1:

CobaltSSTuner
03-05-2008, 08:42 AM
that sucks that ur sick. hopefully you feel better. I'm feeling pretty good right now

Nick
03-05-2008, 09:15 AM
My parents have started calling me Howard Hughes (look him up) in the last few years because of my increasing OCD symptoms. At work, I manage my department, and if someone even comes in with a cold, I tell them to go home. I tend to stay away from places that could possibly get me sick. Certain bars, etc. Dirty glasses, public bathrooms, etc. I'm turning into a freak.

Last christmas, it was witnessed that I had seen someone picking their nose, then moments later came to shake my hand. I gave the guy a pat on the back and as he stuck his hand out to shake mine. Difficult situation to be in, but none-the-less, I could not bring myself to shake his hand.

I have not been sick yet this winter, and I pray to god I don't get sick either. I'm always asking someone if they are sick, and if they even feel somethign slightly coming on, that I'll see them when they get better.

I need help. :(

Cutlass Queen
03-05-2008, 10:37 AM
So yah pretty much what I got rid of came back this morning :chair:

Beautiful time to come back considering I have a job interview today

Beagle
03-05-2008, 10:39 AM
did it go away with the nose job?

Cutlass Queen
03-05-2008, 10:41 AM
Glad to see you're my favorite fan still Beag....now go take ur bipolar meds to stay half normal for atleast a while today

Beagle
03-05-2008, 10:44 AM
yup im am the president of your fan club. why dont you find a new comeback already.

Nick
03-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Pics of said nosejob?

Curious in Waukesha.

Email pics to nicholasp@bordumb.com

Cutlass Queen
03-05-2008, 11:29 AM
I'm not getting a nose job:rolleyes:

Beagle
03-05-2008, 11:30 AM
no nose job for her i was just giving her a hard time.

Nick
03-05-2008, 11:36 AM
oh. :( I was hoping nudes would come along with that.