PDA

View Full Version : Bent my rim on a pot-hole

67-400
03-02-2008, 12:21 PM
So, yah...Just as a for-warning to those on HWY 100 heading Southbound in the middle lane in front of Culvers, there is a huge pot-hole there that I bent my rim on last night. I'll be reporting it to the Department of public works of Milwaukee but i doubt they'll do anything for me. Has anyone else ever filed a claim for damage to property due to negligent road conditions? Just curious.

Ps..I only had my car out cuz I have to burn the tank of gas thats been sitting all year before next Monday, otherwise it'd still be garage kept.

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5133&stc=1&d=1204481995

Boost21
03-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Ive filed a claim in chicago, never got anything tho :(
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/803000-803999/803135_110_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/803000-803999/803135_108_full.jpg

67-400
03-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Ive filed a claim in chicago, never got anything tho :(
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/803000-803999/803135_110_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/803000-803999/803135_108_full.jpg

DAYUM!! you suffered way worse than I am, sorry to hear that. Mine's at least driveable, just looks stupid. One of my college courses i'm taking right now is "Business Law." Maybe i'll learn something from it & find that they owe me one. Or maybe i'll be outta luck, like what I expect anyways.

GTSLOW
03-02-2008, 12:59 PM
What exactly are we paying taxes for again? If the road was jacked up and it screwed your car up you should get compensated.

PureSound15
03-02-2008, 01:13 PM
I think you will get compensated for the price of an OEM wheel, I believe.

I hear you though. My 19's definitely need to be fixed after hitting sections where they had just added or cut away pavement on the highway.

Heat Seeker WS6
03-02-2008, 01:21 PM
I broke one of my WS6 rims in Dousman a few years back & I contacted everyone I could from my insurance to thier local government & nothing happened. The reasoning was- 'Can't control potholes- its WI' & the utmost lameass defense was 'you should have missed it'. Even though it was just over a crest of a hill so we felt it before we saw it.

Slow Joe
03-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Thus far we've been lucky, but that's becasue the sidewalls on both our cars are tall... I've hit a few though, and so has Kristie... But like I said, thus far we've been lucky...

Myles
03-02-2008, 01:39 PM
So, yah...Just as a for-warning to those on HWY 100 heading Southbound in the middle lane in front of Culvers, there is a huge pot-hole there that I bent my rim on last night. I'll be reporting it to the Department of public works of Milwaukee but i doubt they'll do anything for me. Has anyone else ever filed a claim for damage to property due to negligent road conditions? Just curious.

Ps..I only had my car out cuz I have to burn the tank of gas thats been sitting all year before next Monday, otherwise it'd still be garage kept.

I hit that same pothole last night in my truck, its a serious ******* hole.

67-400
03-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Thats BS, I feel that it is the obligation of Milwaukee County to provide the citizens/tourists with safe roads to drive on that causes no harm or damage to ones self or ones property. Being negligent in not ful-fililng this obligation by letting these pot holes cause damages as such, it should be the city's responsibility to fix the damaged property, not mine or my insurance company's obligation. We'll see where this leads to

Car Guy
03-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Most cities will tell you that potholes are an 'act of god' and they can't control them. Some cites will pay up if the pothole has been reported and not fixed but other than that you SOL for the most part.....

I'm sure you could take serious legal action but it's not going to be worth your time.....

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

03CVLX
03-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Just remember to File your claim with Milwaukee County Directly. Since it was on Hwy 100, they would be responsible for the potholes and any claims stemming from them. If you try to file with the City of Milwaukee or West Allis, they would just send you there anyway.

Good luck, and hopefully they reimburse you for all of the damages.

Yooformula
03-02-2008, 02:50 PM
sorry to hear about that. you blew past me on hwy 100 today and the car looked good!

indyzmike
03-02-2008, 03:00 PM
They said on the news the other day, that to get paid for damage, you must prove that the municipality knew about the hole for three days and didn't fix it.

PureSound15
03-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Ahhh ok, I guess potholes would fall in a different category than construction hazards.

There are some really nasty ones though. I'm sure today's melt will worsen them even more after it freezes.

PB86MCSS
03-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Would it be Milwaukee Countys responsibility or West Allis?

Girlfriend popped a tire on her Celica on 27th & Loomis early this winter, filed a claim and called the police who showed up right away to file a report and waited until someone arrived to patch it, this was before the roads all went to hell though. I'm not holding my breath but hopefully they pay for the tire.

If they replaced everyones tires or rims taxes would just go up even more to pay for it all.

I don't know how some of you guys drive around on 17"s or larger, nicer, wheels in winter. I realize some vehicles thats stock now but yikes!

Silver03SRT
03-02-2008, 03:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfWKj99IyQA

67-400
03-02-2008, 05:03 PM
sorry to hear about that. you blew past me on hwy 100 today and the car looked good!

Thanks, I had resorted to putting my stock tires/rims on this morning :(

67-400
03-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Would it be Milwaukee Countys responsibility or West Allis?

Girlfriend popped a tire on her Celica on 27th & Loomis early this winter, filed a claim and called the police who showed up right away to file a report and waited until someone arrived to patch it, this was before the roads all went to hell though. I'm not holding my breath but hopefully they pay for the tire.

If they replaced everyones tires or rims taxes would just go up even more to pay for it all.

I don't know how some of you guys drive around on 17"s or larger, nicer, wheels in winter. I realize some vehicles thats stock now but yikes!

I went to WAPD today & talked to an officer behind the window & he said cuz its hwy 100, its up to the county, not west allis. He said contact the department of public works & see what you can do from there. That I shall do!

Heat Seeker WS6
03-02-2008, 05:11 PM
I went to WAPD today & talked to an officer behind the window & he said cuz its hwy 100, its up to the county, not west allis. He said contact the department of public works & see what you can do from there. That I shall do!

good luck!! :thumbsup

slickwilly
03-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Hmmm wonder if I could get them to fix the 2' pothole on 43 south just after it widens to three lanes. It's in the left side of the left lane and is a serious havoc wreaker.

I'm more concerned about the general state of the roads around Mequon though. I guess I should put the road commission or whoever in my cell phone and dial them several times a day.

vdub4life
03-07-2008, 07:40 AM
Im sure glad we pay taxes!I think they so give us a road tax ,for the damage it dose on our cars!:banana1:

hrsp
03-07-2008, 02:46 PM
good luck...hope they cover it

SmokinRAM114
03-08-2008, 12:59 PM

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5133&stc=1&d=1204481995

couldnt u get that fixed? who around here does it?

Deggy
03-08-2008, 01:08 PM
I hit a pot hole real bad a few weeks ago and my tire was junk...rim still holds air tho.

TURTLE
03-08-2008, 01:17 PM
the thing with bent wheels is that if it's a steel wheel, most decent tire shops can fix it(bend it back by hand, or bang it back with a hammer)... whereas a alloy wheel is more brittle and would more than likely break or crack(if it hasn't already) if treader the same way...

i know there's probably some way to properly fix a small ding like that in an alloy wheel, i just don't know of it(and i work at a "decent" tire shop :goof )

Boost21
03-08-2008, 01:47 PM
http://fixrim.com/ kinda far but always an option

Reverend Cooper
03-08-2008, 01:50 PM

that can be sent out and fixed easily we do it all the time