PDA

View Full Version : Dish Network vs. Direct TV

Lash
03-01-2008, 05:31 PM
So yeah....

Ever since we've moved to Mukwonago Time Warner has been nothing but a pain in the ass. When we lived in Pewaukee I never had problems...now it's nothing but. I'm SICK of my HD channels going out and having to re-boot their crappy HD boxes (which BTW have been replaces 3 time already). I'm sick of my internet going just about dead for an hour or two at a time each day. I've had it. Their customer service has been great to us....but I'm sick of having to be in constant contact with them because of the junk equipment or crappy services.
I've rebooted my HD box twice already today (Brand effing new box)....and if I miss the Silva/Henderson fight I'm gonna go effing postal :guns1!!!!! I don't want them to have to try to "reboot" it from their cubicle chair....or come out and "give another box a try". I want them to come pick up all their sh!t and get it out of my house!!!

It's time to make a move. Tell me your opinions.

DRK
03-01-2008, 05:34 PM
They both suck and cable is worse.

http://totalfta.com/

http://www.viewsatonline.com/

Karps TA
03-01-2008, 05:40 PM
I've had no real problems with Direct TV, except the one day we had that ridiculous amount of snow. Couple snowballs to the dish fixed that.

Their customer service kinda sux, when I tried switching packages it took several calls and lots of time on hold to finally get it right. But other then that no complaints.

GTSLOW
03-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Had direct tv for 2years with no problems. Wind jacked up the dish once and there was a dude working on it the same night. Never used HD but the family below did and it was great.

88Nightmare
03-01-2008, 06:09 PM
directv here, going on like 2 years or more I think. Works great. Last time i can remember I had signal problems was that insane snowstorm, but I only lost my upper channels, my lower ones still came in, so no big deal. I popped in a DVD and all was good. I don't know what their customer service is like, I never had to call them :D

Deggy
03-01-2008, 06:12 PM
I have always had cable, but a few friends of mine have DirecTV and it isnt that bad.

88Nightmare
03-01-2008, 06:13 PM
time warner = teh sux

roadrunner is decent though, never any outtages for me, I've had them for 8 years

lordairgtar
03-01-2008, 06:35 PM
I have TW cable with the phone and RR bundle. I've not had any complaints with it except the price. It went up $20 this month and I called the office and the nice lady told me my promo price expired. I said it was too much and I might have to cancel some of the stuff. She re-instated the promo price for me. I like it when a plan comes together.

Brian98GTP
03-01-2008, 08:11 PM
I heard someone mention I should switch from Charter to AT&T for cable tv and internet. I haven't looked into it yet, so I'm not even sure if that's an option for You, Luke.

Lash
03-01-2008, 08:41 PM
I heard someone mention I should switch from Charter to AT&T for cable tv and internet. I haven't looked into it yet, so I'm not even sure if that's an option for You, Luke.

We already checked....AT&T is not available out here yet :(

Rocket Power
03-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Had Direct tv for like 5 years, only switched because I didn't want to buy another unit for a 3rd tv and TWC was running a special. I think I am on like 4 outages, 2 of which were only roadrunner since Oct. May go back to Direct TV, never took the dish off just in case:D
It had to be a serious storm for my Direct TV to go out and it was only for a few minutes. My in laws have had Directtv since like the early to mid 90's.

Lash
03-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Yeah....I think I'm gonna go with Direct TV. Seems like they have a TON more channels for the price than TWC.....especially HD channels.

SSDude
03-02-2008, 07:19 AM
We have had Dish for the last two years. No problems. Lost the signal for 15-20min. during a super heavy rain.
DSL internet always on.....:thumbsup

JC70SS
03-02-2008, 09:02 AM
direct tv here....zero problems and you get Big Ten network!

Ricky Bobby
03-02-2008, 09:23 AM
Yeah....I think I'm gonna go with Direct TV. Seems like they have a TON more channels for the price than TWC.....especially HD channels.

i work for twc and if u want i could swing out and take a look and if still not satisfied then switch ask others on here i know what im doin otherwise i have no comment on the dish poll

Poncho
03-02-2008, 09:43 AM

No!!!

I had AT&T when I was livin' in West Bend. It sucked. Bad cable, slow internet.

PureSound15
03-02-2008, 10:16 AM
No!!!

I had AT&T when I was livin' in West Bend. It sucked. Bad cable, slow internet.

Well and with AT&T, if you have more than one HD TV in your home... you can only watch HD programming on 1 tv at a time. :rolleyes:

I have DirectTv and love it, along with Roadrunner.

My parents have Dish and AT&T DSL, it's alright but the HD programming isn't anything compared to DirectTv in IMHO

CobraSnake
03-02-2008, 11:55 AM
dish network is crap get direct TV. Or do what I do and just have rabbit ears. I get my simpsons family guy and a few other shows and thats all I need. I just don't feel the need to spend 50 bucks a month on something that has nothing on 200 channels vs 8-10 channels.

Mark

Rocket Power
03-02-2008, 07:35 PM
dish network is crap get direct TV. Or do what I do and just have rabbit ears. I get my simpsons family guy and a few other shows and thats all I need. I just don't feel the need to spend 50 bucks a month on something that has nothing on 200 channels vs 8-10 channels.

Mark
About the only thing I watch on over the air tv is the news. Otherwise it's history channel, military channel, science channel, speed, outdoor channel and regular old discovery channel,:headbang