PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Dodge Intrepid radio removal

88Nightmare
03-01-2008, 05:19 PM
anyone know how to do this? any tips? i cant find anything online for it.

Car Guy
03-01-2008, 05:30 PM
THIS IS WHAT ALLDATA SAYS.....

Open hood and disconnect the negative battery cable remote terminal from the remote battery post.
Remove instrument panel center trim bezel. Refer to Instrument Panel and Systems for Replacement procedures.
Remove four radio mounting screws.
Pull radio from panel and disconnect wiring, ground strap, wires and antenna lead from radio.
Remove radio from vehicle.
INSTALLATION
For installation, reverse the above procedures.

LOOKS FAIRLY STRAIGHT FORWARD.....

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

88Nightmare
03-01-2008, 05:31 PM
im guessing that bezel trim just pops right off?

Lash
03-01-2008, 05:33 PM
More than likely. Just be gentle.

Car Guy
03-01-2008, 05:34 PM
im guessing that bezel trim just pops right off?

Sounds like it, just be easy with it and don't go 'gorilla' on it.....

88Nightmare
03-01-2008, 05:47 PM
its not my car so im not overly concerned about it :rolf

Deggy
03-01-2008, 06:20 PM
I know who not to ask to help put a stereo in my car now. :goof

88Nightmare
03-01-2008, 06:21 PM
nah i do good work. the dvd player install in my silverado turned out real nice...

Deggy
03-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Well maybe I will call you this summer. I want to install a flip out DVD player in my car. I mean if your willing to help.

88Nightmare
03-01-2008, 06:36 PM
thats exactly what i installed in my silverado... i was selling it too.

Deggy
03-01-2008, 06:37 PM
What are some good brands? I don't exactly know what to look for when it comes to a quality in car DVD player. Also, did you install it with the bypass to the park/e-brake. So you can have it on in drive?

Slow Joe
03-01-2008, 08:44 PM
I've put radios in grand ams before...

And I'd stick with Pioneer or Alpine...

Edit: And back to the Intrepid, pry gently, it'll come right off...

88Nightmare
03-01-2008, 11:46 PM
What are some good brands? I don't exactly know what to look for when it comes to a quality in car DVD player. Also, did you install it with the bypass to the park/e-brake. So you can have it on in drive?

yup I did the bypass switch. Pioneer and Apline make some quality stuff. Check out the Pioneer AVIC-D3

Car Guy
03-02-2008, 01:26 AM
OK, maybe I'm getting old(er) but is there something I'm missing with a DVD player in your car. Granted I would like to have a super nice stereo system (to listen to music only) in every car I drive but with 6 of them between the two of us it would get really pricey.....:rolleyes:

However, other than that I can't see having anything more. I enjoy driving in itself and never care to look away from the road ever, even if I am sitting in my car at Pick `n Save......

Slow Joe
03-02-2008, 02:55 AM
OK, maybe I'm getting old(er) but is there something I'm missing with a DVD player in your car. Granted I would like to have a super nice stereo system (to listen to music only) in every car I drive but with 6 of them between the two of us it would get really pricey.....:rolleyes:

However, other than that I can't see having anything more. I enjoy driving in itself and never care to look away from the road ever, even if I am sitting in my car at Pick `n Save......

Only reason I'd get something like that is for Navigation... Otherwise IMO there isn't much of a use unless you park somewhere, and watch movies... :rolf Or have kids...

Car Guy
03-02-2008, 03:25 AM
Only reason I'd get something like that is for Navigation... Otherwise IMO there isn't much of a use unless you park somewhere, and watch movies... :rolf Or have kids...

How do you link up the navigation to the unit...???

88Nightmare
03-02-2008, 11:47 AM
some units come nav ready with a nav antenna, then all you do is pop in the navigation disc. The DVD player would have been good for me, to entertain friends or family on longer drives, but even when im driving alone, I just love little technology like that. I don't necessarily watch anything I put in, but I can listen to it. I can pop in any of my favorite movies and listen to them, I've seen them so many times I know whats going on so I don't need to turn my head to look and take my eyes off the road.

Slow Joe
03-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Yeah, some have nav built in, and others have an external navigation unit that you can hook up through whatever bus system the unit uses, but of course you have to buy the nav unit to go with whichever brand in-dash unit you buy.