PDA

View Full Version : Milw Sucks, thread #347

Russ Jerome
02-29-2008, 06:41 PM
Usual rant regarding Milwaukee:

Every @$$clown in my area parks on any side of the street
regardless of Hitler authorized Milwaukee parking regulations.
They do this with no Milwaukee shakedown fee sticker in there
window while I pay and park correctly 365 days a yr. Last night
I parked my wife's van on the correct side, no sticker in the
window.....ya I got a ticket while some city trash on the other
side of the street (wrong side) got no ticket.......Milw Sucks.

I cant imagine why so many company's leave the area?

Great lake to swim and drink from.
Killer streets to drive your ride down.
Awesome alderman to buy drugs from or
have them shakedown others.
Crime rate no worse than LA.
Tax's aren't much more than 98% of other real cites.
15% of our neighbors are really cool people who wont
climb thru your window and rob you............

Yooformula
02-29-2008, 06:45 PM
yup gotta agree with all of the above....not to mention the enormous amount of taxes we pay for shitty roads, crappy snow removal, horrible trash collection and oh yeah a joke of a police department.

Karps TA
02-29-2008, 06:47 PM
You know it's gotten crappy when even the Bowling congress doesn't want to be here anymore and rips on the city. lol

Car Guy
02-29-2008, 07:31 PM
I've experienced so many situations similar to yours it makes me want to puke, yes most were my 'fault' but talk about nit-picky BS tickets.....

If the 'Shity' of Milwaukee was remotely run like a city should be I wouldn't have a problem with getting/paying any of them. However, when you see the amount of WASTE happening along with all of the scamming going on by officials in office..........well yeah you get my point.....

I'll let you all know how the Phoenix area compares with this kind of sh!t when we move down there this October. I have a feeling it's not nearly as bad, and that's from asking long time residents when we were down there a week ago.....

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

Deggy
02-29-2008, 07:34 PM
Usual rant regarding Milwaukee:

Every @$$clown in my area parks on any side of the street
regardless of Hitler authorized Milwaukee parking regulations.
They do this with no Milwaukee shakedown fee sticker in there
window while I pay and park correctly 365 days a yr. Last night
I parked my wife's van on the correct side, no sticker in the
window.....ya I got a ticket while some city trash on the other
side of the street (wrong side) got no ticket.......Milw Sucks.

I cant imagine why so many company's leave the area?

Great lake to swim and drink from.
Killer streets to drive your ride down.
Awesome alderman to buy drugs from or
have them shakedown others.
Crime rate no worse than LA.
Tax's aren't much more than 98% of other real cites.
15% of our neighbors are really cool people who wont
climb thru your window and rob you............

Truth in words! :thumbsup

team beater
02-29-2008, 10:40 PM
I would have to disagree!! In the past 5 years I have lived in Cleveland, St. Louis, Detroit, Toledo, Nashville, and Chattanooga and I would have to say the most enjoyable city to live in is MILWAUKEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have some type of festival's almost ever week in the spring, summer, and the fall, not to mention SummerFest, The LARGEST MUSIC FESTIVAL IN THE WORLD. We have an amazing variety of food. We have the freshest Miller products in the WORLD, I KNOW YOU ALL LOVE YOUR DRINKING, a great downtown scene(not to big, not to small) cost of living is amazing. A great place for a motor head to live, a like new Drag Strip 30 mins south, a Superb road track an hour north, even Rally racing but a few more hours north. Taxes.......5.6% sales tax.......Try 8 to 11 in other city's. Fairly low property tax compared to other city's with the same amenities as Good Ole MIL Town offers. An average Basketball team, a good baseball team, and the neighbor of a town with an AMAZING Football known to have one of the largest FAN base in the world!!! Milwaukee's education schools from Kindergarten to and thru college, private and public was graded with an A- and rank 14th in the nation for city's with a population of 250,000 or more in a recent study. We have the most advanced water purifying plant in the entire U.S. If you want big city life, clubs, nightlife, shopping etc you travel and hour south to CHI, or if you want great outdoor environment, ATVing, Snowmobiling, Hunting, Fishing, Hiking, Camping, White water rafting, etc... just travel north a short bit. The people are down to earth and easy going. Sure it has its problems but then again what city doesn't?????????? You say no wonder why so many company's are moving away, Milwaukee and its suburbs are the home to the headquarters of 13 Fortune 1000 companies, including Johnson Controls, Northwestern Mutual, Manpower Inc., Kohl's, Harley-Davidson, Rockwell Automation, Fiserv, Marshall & Ilsley Corp., Wisconsin Energy, Briggs & Stratton, Joy Global, A.O. Smith, and MGIC Investments. The Milwaukee metropolitan area ranks fifth in the United States in terms of the number of Fortune 500 company headquarters as a share of the population. Its is also becoming more of a service town opposed to a blue collar manufacturing town.....This is called evolution.......I guess its easy for me to recognize these things simply because I have seen and lived in others or maybe its because I tend to err on the side positive living. I LOVE LIVING IN BREW CITY/CREAM CITY/MIL TOWN/ THE M-I-L and Proud that my phone number starts with 414!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/njbrusk/404031325/

MILWAUKEE ROCKS:headbang:thumbsup:banana1::rolf:):D

Windsors 03 Cobra
02-29-2008, 11:24 PM
^I agree with most of what you put, but those are all old established cities you listed and they are alot like Milwaukee, many of those cities you listed suffer from the exact same problems that Milwaukee has.
Unlike the problem free, low tax, low service newly developed communities that are VERY popular in Arizona and maybe Florida, I guess some folks don't like snow ?
My boss spends half his time in fountain hills Arizona and love's it, I don't see the draw personally and will always live in Racine most likely.
Anyway to each their own.

All those other places have dragstrips also, granted maybe not AS close.

Windsors 03 Cobra
02-29-2008, 11:27 PM
I would have to disagree!!

Oh yea you are in Germantown too :thumbsup, so you probably don't deal with ridiculous parking rules and regulation in addition to having to buy something as stupid as a parking sticker to be able to park on a dang street. :rolleyes:

88Nightmare
02-29-2008, 11:29 PM
yup. Communities in Arizona and Florida are all recently established (like within 15 or 20 years). No salt there, and no drastic temperature changes (like us from 100º summers to sub zero winters) so their roads stay in good shape. Small towns so cops have nothing better to do so they bust people down on the smallest things so crime is low. I wouldn't mind getting out of milwaukee. the roads piss me off.

slickwilly
02-29-2008, 11:31 PM
Yeah I was whining about the roads to my mom the other day. I'm honestly scared to drive the Mustang around me in Mequon, and plenty of areas downtown as well. It's gonna be worse if I get some Cobra wheels or something.

I used to live about 50 miles from Detroit, and the roads there and especially in the surrounding counties are arguably better than here.

Yooformula
02-29-2008, 11:46 PM
having lived in minneapolis, nyc, nj, many cities in south fla, I have to disagree with team beater! ALOT of other cities do seasonal festivals not just here, true these are nice because there are so many but that is because they are concentrated on such a short season. the school system here are NOT ranked as high as you think! I have kids in these school systems and they are a joke! choice schooling is KILLING the good public schools that once were here. You have to be able to afford to live in a really nice area to be able to attend the schools that are good unless you can afford a private school. I have never seen so much reverse racism that is TOLERATED simply because of what happened 20 years ago here. the city is forever embarrassed about white flight and in turn they give the city away to anyone of color just to say that they arent racist anymore..its a fuggin joke! Now I do like the season of summer/spring what little of it we have but damm there is so much to chap yer ass sometimes.

88Nightmare
02-29-2008, 11:55 PM
yoo, where in new jersey did you live? I lived up in Bergen county for awhile, and then I was born and raised in Orange county, new york.

Russ Jerome
02-29-2008, 11:59 PM
having lived in minneapolis, nyc, nj, many cities in south fla, I have to disagree .

Same here, visited cities across the US for a previous employer
and Milw is a craphole.

I grew up outside Hartford CT, visit there now and again and its
like nothing has changed since my childhood, nice people.

Lived in MPLS for years, visit my mom there often. Talk about a
hip city with a million things to do on any given night! Walley and
Musky fishing within sight of downtown, festival partys between
every bar in the alley's right downtown.

I usualy spend a few weeks a year in south FL....talk about some
happy people shouting "morning" to you from across the street at
7am....people who dont know you from anyone!

Chicago and Milw have things to do if you look hard enough but
both areas suck unless you grew up here and have never traveled
to see other places.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
03-01-2008, 06:11 AM
From my experience living in Clearwater Fl for the short time that I was there, every week/weekend there was some different event taking place within a 40 mile radius. Wonderful racetrack a few hours away, local dragstrip, wonderful sandy beaches, good schools, and very nice people. Crime rate was less than Milwaukee with roughly the same or more people. Very good colleges, multiple sporting events just over the bay in Tampa.

Traffic was the only issue that bothered me due to being overpopulated in a relativly small county.

Rhiannon
03-01-2008, 07:43 AM
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to agree with Yoosof. I grew up in Baltimore and Philadelphia. I also lived very close to LA. In those big cities I've lived in, I've never lived in a more racist city as Milwaukee. That's the biggest problem here that I see. If I had a dollar for everytime I had the "race card" thrown at me because I wouldn't let someone drink at my work because of an expired ID (mind you it was 2 years expired!), I'd be rich. You mean to tell me that because you were too f***ing retarded to go to the DMV to get a new ID, it's because I'm racist? Holy s**t! Who would have known? Hey Greg, maybe we need to take more pictures together. LOL

Karps TA
03-01-2008, 08:28 AM
I laugh at Summerfest being considered a reason why Milwaukee would be great. First off it's what 10 days out of 365? Every year the prices go up on beer and food, while the quality of the food and entertainment go down. Yes it's a great place to see a band that was popular 20-40 years ago play a 40 minute set an hour before the place closes. The food used to be as much a reason to go down there as the music, but now chain restaurants have just as many booths there, and the amount of food you get for the money is pathetic. Not too mention fat people wearing very little clothes which way outweighs whatever attractive people who are there.

Milwaukee's downtown is embarassing. Our downtown isn't a destination, theres really no reason to go downtown once you get into your 30's and above and you're no longer part of the Water St crowd. I literally haven't been downtown for anything besides the Auto show since the M-Change work began. Theres no reason to.

Like other people said the race card get's thrown around the city like no other. And it's not white people's fault. We're not the one who just recently let a thug, con artist who's in jail win a primary to continue being their Alderman.

When it finally get's nice you can't swim in the big lake, because anytime we get more then a drizzle the jackholes at the MMSD dump hundreds of tons of literal crap in the lake. The Milwaukee river many times in summer looks like you could walk across it because of all the garbage and who knows what else in it.

The way Milwaukee is going and how quickly people are leaving the city and moving west, Lake Geneva is going to end up being a suburb of Milwaukee.

Lash
03-01-2008, 09:04 AM
The way Milwaukee is going and how quickly people are leaving the city and moving west, Lake Geneva is going to end up being a suburb of Milwaukee.

It's already a suburb of Chicago. Have you seen all the FIB's down there lately?

lordairgtar
03-01-2008, 09:37 AM
When I was in the market to buy a house, all I could afford was in very bad neighborhoods in Milwaukee. No thank you! I will rent in Muskego before I ever buy in Milwaukee. I also support local Muskego businesses if I can get it here. Once in a while I go to Milwaukee to get things and I can't wait to get home. I will sooner use the WalMart in Burlington or Mukwanago than the one in 'Stallis, too close to Milwaukee and the people are just rude.