PDA

View Full Version : Del Sol

drrodder
09-24-2003, 07:04 PM
I’ve got a situation that has a 1995 Del Sol in my yard waiting for paperwork to clear and then sell. Other than Kelly Blue book, I have no idea how to price this thing. It’s got the Vtech Hi-preformance engine and lots of aftermarket goodies that makes this thing FAST. I’m not into these kind of cars so if anyone knows a bit about how to figure out what’s all on it and what it’s worth, please let me know. Thanks.

Prince Valiant
09-24-2003, 07:13 PM
The unfortunate thing about Kelly's bluebook is it doesn't reflect buyer demand...and right now, some dumb 18y/o would be dying to give you money to say his del sol has vtech...

What I would do is goto autotrader.com and see what other people are asking, ebaymotors.com and see what the bid prices are on clean unmolested example like yours are...when you determine an average price go with it.

Seems from a quick search that 6500 might be a good starting point with 5000 seeming like a good sell price...

drrodder
09-25-2003, 12:31 AM
It's a repo from my step son. He is that dumb kid. Paid to much, rolled it all in the loan and didn't make the payments, but sunk more speed goodies into it anyway. Thanks for the help.

I was also looking for any web sites that sell 4 banger hi-preformance parts for these cars. That way I can come up with some idea of what's all in it.

Prince Valiant
09-25-2003, 01:02 AM
summitracing.com sells everything that car probably has in it...

jbiscuit
09-25-2003, 11:46 AM
for a 95 with some "goodies" on it I would offer higher than you think for the car. Is it the DOHC Vtec motor or the SOHC Vtec motor? That will make a big difference also. The DOHC pull a pretty penny more than the SOHC cars. My guess is that the Sol is a SOHC Vtec Si....I would say ask $7200 and sit on it for a good couple weeks and see who bites. My gut says that you will have a lot of youngsters ready to buy, most actually have cash in hand!

Cleveland Dave
09-25-2003, 02:17 PM
yeah vtech are phones by the way....lol its VTEC :D

even with a lot of mods its hard to get all the money back for them....but demand is high and some kid maybe looking for something like that. i agree with J find out if its DOHC or SOHC it would make a big difference.

jbiscuit
09-25-2003, 03:17 PM
slap a big aluminum wing on it, it will sell the same day.:rice