PDA

View Full Version : Need to borrow a HUB TAMER...!!!

Car Guy
02-28-2008, 06:32 PM
I need to borrow a Hub Tamer to do some wheel bearings on my father's Subaru Outback. I have used a Hub Tamer many times before so no need to worry; I'm not going to 'experiment' with yours.....

If you have one that I could use for a very short time please let me know. Or if there's a place that rents them please direct me in the right direction.....

If you're not familar with a Hub Tamer this is what I'm referring to ===> http://www.tooldesk.com/images/previewFile/otc-6537lg.jpg

~Justin :thumbsup

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

Al
02-28-2008, 06:45 PM
You should be able to rent one from NAPA for free.

Yooformula
02-28-2008, 06:48 PM
autozone used to let you rent those things cheap.

Car Guy
02-28-2008, 06:48 PM
You should be able to rent one from NAPA for free.

"We don't rent any tools" is what the Napa worker just told me, I appreciate the thought however.....

autozone used to let you rent those things cheap.

Same thing Yoo, and I just called all of the remaining local parts stores and nobody even has one in stock let alone one to rent......

Car Guy
02-28-2008, 11:09 PM
Nobody has a Hub Tamer...???

Al
02-29-2008, 12:13 PM
"We don't rent any tools" is what the Napa worker just told me, I appreciate the thought however.....

They rent it in Grafton. Serously, I rented one on Sunday and returned it on Tuesday.

Car Guy
02-29-2008, 03:07 PM
They rent it in Grafton. Serously, I rented one on Sunday and returned it on Tuesday.

That must be a 'super' Napa because I called three others in the area and no luck.....

If I wasn't an hour or so away from Grafton I would drive up there and rent it but I might just end up buying one reagardless. I found a site online that has one for a really good price.....

Al
02-29-2008, 04:08 PM
That must be a 'super' Napa because I called three others in the area and no luck.....

If I wasn't an hour or so away from Grafton I would drive up there and rent it but I might just end up buying one reagardless. I found a site online that has one for a really good price.....

More of a hole-in-the wall NAPA with a showroom the size of a two-car garage.

It is a 25 minute drive from downtown milwuakee.

I saw them for sale for about 350 on a few web pages. It makes me want to get one...just not now.

Car Guy
02-29-2008, 04:18 PM
More of a hole-in-the wall NAPA with a showroom the size of a two-car garage.

It is a 25 minute drive from downtown milwuakee.

I saw them for sale for about 350 on a few web pages. It makes me want to get one...just not now.

I've been putting off purchasing one for about two years now. Partly because I could easily get my hands on one if I wanted to, just had to ask ahead of time. However, now my access to that one is gone and finding one to borrow has become harder than I thought. Which is why it's time to invest in one, it's not like I'm only going to use it once.....

I found the 'elite' kit online for less than $290 shipped at http://www.tooltopia.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=9979 .....