PDA

View Full Version : yamaha sx viper check engine code

lilws6
02-27-2008, 06:40 PM
I just fired up my sled today and its running just fine but when i went to jump on and ride i kept getting the check engine light flashing i don't have an owners manual so i can't find out why its doing it. It will blink 3 times and then wait 3 sec. and repeat. i brought it back home being afraid to blow it up because i don't know whats wrong can anyone help me or am i going to have to go to yamaha??

SmokinRAM114
02-28-2008, 06:46 AM
call Don And Roys talk to Mike Patoka in service, thats my cousin he will tell you.

70challenger
02-29-2008, 03:03 AM
damn yammi's! im geussing its efi?

SmokinRAM114
02-29-2008, 06:45 AM
damn yammi's! im geussing its efi?

:rolf:rolf are u serious right now?? you could have bought my sled in parts this year just to keep urs going:durr

70challenger
02-29-2008, 07:52 AM
:rolf:rolf are u serious right now?? you could have bought my sled in parts this year just to keep urs going:durr

funny story- after i got home from the bar last night at like 3 a.m., i decided to pull the head off and geuss what? everything looks fine. just a fouled plug.

juicedimpss
02-29-2008, 08:18 AM
funny story- after i got home from the bar last night at like 3 a.m., i decided to pull the head off and geuss what? everything looks fine. just a fouled plug.

so the polaris is not blown up?

lilws6
02-29-2008, 09:42 AM
no its not efi its carbed yamahas have a self diagnostic system on them i'm gana fire it up today and see if its still there but i'll have to give your cousin a call does he work today? and who should i say told me to call him.

SmokinRAM114
02-29-2008, 03:21 PM
no its not efi its carbed yamahas have a self diagnostic system on them i'm gana fire it up today and see if its still there but i'll have to give your cousin a call does he work today? and who should i say told me to call him.

yes hes there till 6-7pm he dippin early tell him his cousin chris told u to call