PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of Track time Friday night...

BAD LS1
09-24-2003, 09:57 AM
Well a bunch of people i know are going to the track Friday night.
Im thinking of going because its not supposed to rain at night anyhow.

Supposed to be upper 40's decent humidty and high Barometric pressure. So the HP air will be in effect!!!!

We'll give the 12bolt a good break in session at GLD

Hey Tim im free tonight if you wanna do those gears !!!!!!

PM me and ill give ya my cell phone #

You going too Chris??? Need a video taper!! LOL

Tom B

Silver350
09-24-2003, 10:31 AM
As of right now I don't have anything going on Friday night so I might be interested in Running the truck a couple of times. I will reply on Friday durring the day If I will go down there.

Chris (Prince Valiant) is your buddy with the dodge Ram Hemi up to going down there?

Prince Valiant
09-24-2003, 11:00 AM
I'll see if he can...I'm not too sure about either of us as I think he's got a game coverage and my parents will be in town from kalifyournia...I'll let you know.

Crawlin
09-24-2003, 01:49 PM
I'm game! Got the camera charging as we speak :)

Chris

y2kws6
09-24-2003, 03:00 PM
Ugg, I just told Jacki that she can work late that night...maybe I can get my parents to watch Jacob???????

Talk later
Dan

Brian98GTP
09-24-2003, 05:33 PM
You can probably count me in Tom.. Well, if the weather holds off of course...
The cold is good for the power, but you lose the Grip on the track when its cold like this... Well, maybe not, if you run DR's or Slicks...

BAD LS1
09-24-2003, 07:53 PM
:D i just went out playing around with the slicks on and was able to get it to hook up a couple times. Um yeah... all i can really say about that is :omg Its ah..... pretty god damn incredible how hard it pulls in this cold air when it hooks:Hump All i can say i hope its actually as fast as it feels right now because it feels ALOT faster than the 12.1-12.2 runs, with my luck it probably wont beat my old time:goof Too bad i had to do a donut in a intersection just to heat the E/T streets up:shades because it wont do a brake stand with out water, it just pushes the front wheels. But from a 4K romp from a stop it dropped my stomach like in an elevator when it actually hooked!!

What do you guestimate for times Chris???

Tom B

Prince Valiant
09-24-2003, 08:03 PM
No, with your luck you'll just break this rear too...:nutkick :goof

Crawlin
09-24-2003, 08:22 PM
If you can hook a LOW 1.6, i'm gonna toss out an 11.6-11.7's if the weather is what i think it's gonna be. i don't know how fast you shift and so it's hard to guesstimate compared to an auto. If you could find a pair of skinny's to borrow (dan can we borrow yours if you don't go?) and you have the front sway bar unhooked right? then i think you'd be close.

Chris

JohnnyT
09-25-2003, 11:02 AM
Well, it looks like my plans changed for the weekend. I may just have to meet up with you guys and see if I can break out of the 14's :shades before the car goes away for the winter. Tom, if you want to watch to see what your car looks like going down the track, I would be willing to drive it for you once or twice... :D Just for your benefit, of course... :thumbsup

BAD LS1
09-25-2003, 11:07 AM
Yes the front sway bar is completley removed, and the shifting is pretty quick, its not super fast because i make sure the clutch pedal has fully hit the floor before i shift so i dont fubar the trans or miss a gear. So NO its not lightning quick shifts but i dont think that is really gonna slow it down that much....

I got the Trans Am wheels on but yeah skinnies would certainly help, did you ever pull the fuse for the ABS to help with braking??
Its buzzing up the ABS at the rear wheels only and stopping with the front brakes mainly needless to say it's not fun to haul it down from 120 in that short of a distance at GLD even the going to the 2nd turn off. But i didnt know if i just pull the fuse it will light the dash up like a christmas tree with the ABS INOP, SERVICE VEHICLE, BRAKE, and SERVICE ENGINE SOON lights. It does that if you pull off the VSS wire and drive it even just around the block.

Tom B

BAD LS1
09-25-2003, 11:34 AM
I dont know... The weather is looking awfull shaky for tommorow night!!! Weatehr channel is calling for showers in to early evening.
Dont know how well this is gonna fly boys.....

Tom B

Crawlin
09-25-2003, 01:36 PM
I don't know John... I think if anything he should let someone who's experienced with launching on an E.T. Street drive....

<--------:goof :rockwoot:

Anyways, the biggest thing for the shifting, is how far the rpm drop is between shifts. Cause if you think about it, if you let it drop too far down, and it's below what the gearing would have it at for your speed, it'll slow you down that little bit like how it is when you downshift, but obviously not a HUGE difference. But we are talking .01/.001 here.

I never disconnected anything brake wise in my car even when pulling down from 116mph. I had skinnies on and that made it even scarier, but i was able to hit the first turnoff at GLD all the time, with stock brakes.

Prince Valiant
09-25-2003, 01:46 PM
personally, I think it should be the guy who can get sub 2.0 with 5.5 inch mud/snow tires myself...:D

BAD LS1
09-26-2003, 06:36 PM
Well boys and girls It's not a good day in muddville for drag racing!!!

You know i dont get it.... its a f***ing drought all summer pretty much, and what does it do the day i actually want to go?? it rains!!! what a bunch of f***ing Horse S***!!!!

F*** you mother nature this wont the last you heard from me!!! LOL

At least im on a roll with being kinda funny today in various posts:goof

Tom B

Crawlin
09-26-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by BADDLS1SS
At least im on a roll with being kinda funny today in various posts:goof

Tom B

HAHAHA, not so much

i was sitting at work looking out the window just praying for it to pass over quickly, but nope, got to be on/off all friggin day.

Chris