PDA

View Full Version : used car sales

u_say_go
02-26-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm sure it's been talked about a million times before, but I'm too lazy and stoopid to go searching for the threads...
Anyone here a salesman for a dealership? Any recommendations to one?
I'm in the market for a GMC Envoy or Chevy Trailblazer, or Ford Exploder.

Any dealers to stay away from? Any you think highly of?

thanks,
jason

84hurst
02-26-2008, 10:36 PM
My bro works for the Boucher dealerships. He's red97gtp.

Flicktitty
02-26-2008, 10:41 PM
Can we get a sticky made of who works at car dealerships and or who work in the car feild? seems weekly the same style question is asked.

VroomPshhTsi
02-26-2008, 11:53 PM
I second the sticky, I'll be car hunting for a 95-00 or 01-05 civic coupe manual in May-June time (not for an LS1 like I dreamed)...

johnny--2k
02-27-2008, 08:00 AM
I also work for a Ford dealership. We've got a few used explorers/mountaineers.

I'll PM you my number. I'm just getting ready to go to work soon, so just call me today. I'll be there all day, till 8. I'm not in sales either though, I'm in Finance but I still have my sales license!!

brewcity_mach1
02-27-2008, 06:24 PM
my sis' bf works for breager

Silver03SRT
02-27-2008, 06:27 PM
A very good friend of mine works at EVS his name is Brad. He is a great guy and will give you the best deal possible.

Crawlin
02-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Yeah there's alot of us in that field.

Flight_740 works for the family dealership (Merit Motorcars) that's in west allis area. I always pass it on the way to Caterina's for food. LOTS of cool stuff :) haha

I can go to any of the Heiser dealerships and be the sales manager/finance manager for any car you pick out. I've helped a good number of people on here even if it wasn't directly. Jeremy(4EYED) just picked up his duramax from us the other day.

I'm always glad to see Johnny back in the biz :)

Cannonball(doesn't post much) can get you hooked up at Holz

I still know people at Braeger, but don't know how well I could help you with that, haha.

Any questions, please feel free to ask any one of us.

I'm more of the sub-prime finance director for Heiser. I just go to all the dealerships getting approvals that the regular guys can't get done for some reason. But because of that I'm "my own man" when doing deals on the cars. That and I know every manager and they all like me, so it's fun

Always try and look for the certified cars. usually the captives(GMAC, FMCC) banks will have a low rate like 2.9% or 3.9% for used certified cars, and then like with GM you'll get the 5/100,000 powertrain warranty with it(it does go back to date of inception like any other manufacturer's) you can get some very nicely equipped Explorer's for about the same price as equal mileage, just mid-range equipped Trailblazers. It's all because of how many they've sold and how many are out there.

Chris

badass88gt
02-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Andrew Toyota treated me very well on the Grand Cherokee we bought. Talk to Coop about them.

brewcity_mach1
02-27-2008, 06:59 PM
i know a couple guys at russ darrow

Crawlin
02-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Coops funny, but he didnt have a beer during lunch. Was quite disappointed :) haha

Red97GTP
02-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Yeah, I'm at Gordie Boucher Lincoln Mercury. We've got some nice certified Mountaineers for good prices. 5 year 75K mile warranty's too.

Crawlin
02-27-2008, 07:58 PM
I would have been buying a certified Mountaineer V8 if i hadn't gotten that $2000 bump in gm card earnings for the Impala SS. it's just an overall good buy and a little bit more luxurious than the explorer's

Red97GTP
02-27-2008, 08:52 PM
Yeah, those Mountaineers are nice. They come with so much standard equipment, and the new body, 06+, are really nice.

formul8
02-28-2008, 01:13 AM
I'm not in sales either though, I'm in Finance but I still have my sales license!!

You need a license to sell cars in WI? :confused

Slow Joe
02-28-2008, 08:09 AM
You need a license to sell cars in WI? :confused

Yes, you go to the DMV, and take a test about fair practices, laws, etc. Once you pass your test you get a motor vehicle sales license...

formul8
02-28-2008, 11:04 AM
Yes, you go to the DMV, and take a test about fair practices, laws, etc. Once you pass your test you get a motor vehicle sales license...

Yes, you go to the DMV, and take a test about fair practices, laws, etc.

They do that in CA also. Whole lotta good it does other than generate revenue.

Slow Joe
02-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Honeslty I don't remember it costing me anything... It may of costed the dealership something though... Then again I got mine.. 4 years ago...

Flight_740
02-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Flight_740 works for the family dealership (Merit Motorcars) that's in west allis area. I always pass it on the way to Caterina's for food. LOTS of cool stuff :) haha

:thumbsup:thumbsup

Thanks man!! We try hard.

Crawlin
02-29-2008, 01:35 PM
You need a license to be a finance manager too, but it's just a credit health/life insurance license :)