PDA

View Full Version : A&W on 27th, the canopy collapsed

Firefighter Z
02-26-2008, 01:10 PM
I drove by the A&W on 27th street today and noticed the whole canopy came crashing down, when I dont know but I don't think that it'll be open this summer and if it is I wonder it there just going to do away with the canopy.

Anyone one else see the damage?

That_Guy
02-26-2008, 01:16 PM
YEAH. i saw that a few days after it happend. i doubt they wont fix it this spring.

juicedimpss
02-26-2008, 01:20 PM
i saw that on the news.
nice time to remodel that place,its pretty run down anyways.

That_Guy
02-26-2008, 01:22 PM
i saw that on the news.
nice time to remodel that place,its pretty run down anyways.

insurance ftw!

pOrk
02-26-2008, 01:29 PM
Sportland 2 had that happen a few days ago as well.

I said haha, the way they gouge their prices they will have no problem repairing it I'm sure.

88Nightmare
02-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Sportland 2 had that happen a few days ago as well.

I said haha, the way they gouge their prices they will have no problem repairing it I'm sure.

man I can't remember the last time I saw so much truth in one post :thumbsup

juicedimpss
02-26-2008, 01:34 PM
they are not in that great of shape financially from what i have heard.

That_Guy
02-26-2008, 01:47 PM
u know whats funny is i was talking to a buddy of mine the other day about how if somebody built a sonic or some sorta car hop on hwy where there where cute girls in short skirts that they would just make a killing

Car Guy
02-26-2008, 02:03 PM
u know whats funny is i was talking to a buddy of mine the other day about how if somebody built a sonic or some sorta car hop on hwy where there where cute girls in short skirts that they would just make a killing

As much as I'd like to see it happen too it etiher wouldn't be allowed or if it did open the city would shut it down in NO time.....

Just look at Culver's on HWY 100.....:rolleyes:

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

That_Guy
02-26-2008, 02:25 PM
As much as I'd like to see it happen too it etiher wouldn't be allowed or if it did open the city would shut it down in NO time.....

yeah. its bullshit that the city has that much power over local businesses. i mean honestly think of the killing you would make

CobaltSSTuner
02-26-2008, 02:26 PM
^^^qft

Car Guy
02-26-2008, 02:27 PM
yeah. its bullshit that the city has that much power over local businesses. i mean honestly think of the killing you would make

Millions of $$$ in a 3 month period.....

CobaltSSTuner
02-26-2008, 02:28 PM
you could make an assload of money....

That_Guy
02-26-2008, 02:33 PM
we could do a bcm drive in with hot bitches

Todd Z
02-26-2008, 05:13 PM
Millions of $$$ in a 3 month period.....
:rolf:rolf:rolf They could do well but MILLLIONS!!

BoosTT
02-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Is there really a sonic in pewaukee? I've heard both yes and know. I want to try that place.

GRNDNL
02-26-2008, 05:50 PM
Sonics suck...Someone needs to build a In-N-Out Burger....Yummmmmmm

WickedSix
02-26-2008, 05:53 PM
Sonics suck...Someone needs to build a In-N-Out Burger....Yummmmmmm

x1000000

first thing I do whenever I'm out visiting family double double animal :drool::drool:

and according to sonic's website closest one is in Iowa or Illinois

lordairgtar
02-26-2008, 06:49 PM

Culvers having problems with the cruise nite?

GRAMPS SS
02-26-2008, 06:59 PM
^^^^^^^depend s who you talk to..yea..there is a lot FULL of TOOLS there...the cops try to break it up between drifting classes and burn out contests....they more or less leave our group alone...but at the end of summer we were hanging at a better place thanks to J (yellow wagon)...he came up with a new place to go and we all started to go there....

GRAMPS SS
02-26-2008, 07:03 PM
i saw A&W on the news..what i got out of it..it will not be opening....too bad..even though it was run down...the old guy that had it (charlie i think his name was ) let us take over his lot in the early 90's....remember becky....those were good times....food was always good....good choice of cars always came in....met alot of new friends there....then things happen as they always do and the wrong element moves in and we left....

SmokinRAM114
02-26-2008, 07:24 PM
i saw A&W on the news..what i got out of it..it will not be opening....too bad..even though it was run down...the old guy that had it (charlie i think his name was ) let us take over his lot in the early 90's....remember becky....those were good times....food was always good....good choice of cars always came in....met alot of new friends there....then things happen as they always do and the wrong element moves in and we left....

dude i even remember that i was like 7! :rolf hi old man:D

Slow Joe
02-26-2008, 07:28 PM
I saw it a week and a half ago or so, and I figured it wasn't going to re-open... They'll probably tear it down, collect the insurance money, and sell it away...

CPonyGo
02-26-2008, 07:31 PM
yeah wayne- I remember those times...lived in the area there and Dawn and the kidz would go there.. too bad...been working at the nursing home on the corner by McDs there and saw it a while back..a shame

b4mytm
02-26-2008, 08:31 PM
..even though it was run down...the old guy that had it (charlie i think his name was ) let us take over his lot in the early 90's....remember becky....those were good times....food was always good....good choice of cars always came in....met alot of new friends there....then things happen as they always do and the wrong element moves in and we left....

Yeah that was the first cruise nite around that I knew of.I was there every Fri. night with my Dad even before I had my car.

That_Guy
02-26-2008, 08:57 PM
^^^^^^^depend s who you talk to..yea..there is a lot FULL of TOOLS there...the cops try to break it up between drifting classes and burn out contests....they more or less leave our group alone...but at the end of summer we were hanging at a better place thanks to J (yellow wagon)...he came up with a new place to go and we all started to go there....

yeah.. ill never understand why people choose to make asses of themselves.

inspiration for a thread.

brewcity_mach1
02-27-2008, 07:08 PM
last year i was only up there once with a friend, and it disappointed me

Feature Pony
02-27-2008, 09:19 PM
i talked to the new owner last year (middle age guy), i know he wanted a car show but not a big one. my guess is he will probably rebuild

lordairgtar
02-27-2008, 11:40 PM
That was one of the first places I started drawing cars at. I miss it.

Cryptic
02-28-2008, 12:09 AM
Gus' Drive-In, East Troy FTW
http://gussdrivein.com <-- cool website *cough* I made it *cough*

Feature Pony
02-28-2008, 10:38 AM
I hope A&W rebuilds, I remember taking my 68 satellite up there when I was 16, met a bunch of cool people it was a good time. I was trying to get a car show there last year but it never really got off, it was the same night as hardees.