PDA

View Full Version : Auto show impressions:

STANMAN
02-25-2008, 12:00 AM
The new Challenger looks better in person than in pics, it really is stunning.

The new WRX STI could easily be mistaken for a $38K Focus hatchback. And who the hell puts the intercooler ON TOP OF THE ENGINE???? Oh, and it still has that great tinny feel, even at the luxury price point.

The new EVO? See WRX STI point, only it doesn't look like a Focus, and it's $40K. Oh, and the tiny intercooler in front mounted.

MazdaSpeed3, wow, lots of room, turbo charged, looks better than either the EVO or WRX, and although it's only FWD, it's also only $28K. Still has the tinny feel of the WRX and EVO though.

Jeep Patriot, although it's just a re-bodied Caliber, it does have 4WD (no 4lo of course), looks very Jeepish, has a ton of room, and priced at only $22K. Not bad at all really.

And the S/C Caddy comes in at $101K. WOW!!!!!

So, what does everyone else have to say about the auto show?

Flicktitty
02-25-2008, 12:04 AM
And who the hell puts the intercooler ON TOP OF THE ENGINE????

SUBARU! always has and i'm sure always will.

i went to the chicago one, so i doubt i'll venture to the Milwaukee show.

Al
02-25-2008, 12:29 AM
Did the RS6 find its way to the audi display?

BlackViper
02-25-2008, 06:50 AM
no Viper.......I was pissed!!

My wife like the Infinity QX55 but 62k is alittle steep....we could get an H2 for that.

The Acura MDX was very nicely equipped for 41k.

jbiscuit
02-25-2008, 08:17 AM
I thought the show was pretty good overall this year. The Evo kinda looks tough and kinda looks like a cartoon all at the same time...its wierd. But props for having one at the show. The new Sti.....I like it WAY better than the WRX that's for sure. The fender flares...the nicer interior and that wierdo doo hicky intercooler thinga ma bob on the top of the motor

juicedimpss
02-25-2008, 08:18 AM
the drop top caddy is friggen HAWT.

michelle
02-25-2008, 08:20 AM
I decided to skip this year. Probably start doing the every other year thing, unless they are unveiling something I really want to see.

Posting any pictures yet?

jbiscuit
02-25-2008, 08:22 AM
the drop top caddy is friggen HAWT.

yea it was pretty cool!

lilws6
02-25-2008, 08:24 AM
i seen the sc caddies at the dealer for under $101k i mean they were ONLY $86k lol ONLY

CobraSnake
02-25-2008, 08:27 AM
The new Challenger looks better in person than in pics, it really is stunning.

The new WRX STI could easily be mistaken for a $38K Focus hatchback. And who the hell puts the intercooler ON TOP OF THE ENGINE???? Oh, and it still has that great tinny feel, even at the luxury price point.

The new EVO? See WRX STI point, only it doesn't look like a Focus, and it's $40K. Oh, and the tiny intercooler in front mounted.

MazdaSpeed3, wow, lots of room, turbo charged, looks better than either the EVO or WRX, and although it's only FWD, it's also only $28K. Still has the tinny feel of the WRX and EVO though.

Jeep Patriot, although it's just a re-bodied Caliber, it does have 4WD (no 4lo of course), looks very Jeepish, has a ton of room, and priced at only $22K. Not bad at all really.

And the S/C Caddy comes in at $101K. WOW!!!!!

well from what I know its because you can't really make as much power as a front mount but you have a lot less turbo lag.

Mark

Waver
02-25-2008, 09:21 AM
And who the hell puts the intercooler ON TOP OF THE ENGINE?????

Um who? Ford did on two of the more sought out cars from the 80's, the SVO Mustang and the T-Bird turbo coupe....and they do do that to lower turbo lag.........

Want_Notch
02-25-2008, 09:56 AM
:pics

wikked
02-25-2008, 10:05 AM
I took some pix Saturday... I'll put them up when in the Photo section when I get home.

btw, Audi RS8 > * :drool:

juicedimpss
02-25-2008, 10:12 AM
btw, Audi RS8 > * :drool:

that was the white one,right?
friggen sweet

Karps TA
02-25-2008, 10:18 AM
I completely miss why people like the Audi so much. I think that CF panel behind the doors is gaudy and out of place. If they got rid of that I would like the looks a bit more, but still not that special to me.

STANMAN
02-25-2008, 10:54 AM
Oh, another thing I forgot to mention:

Someone needs to call the DNR on Ron, he was cougar hunting without a license.

Deggy
02-25-2008, 10:58 AM
Mazda does top mount intercoolers too.

jbiscuit
02-25-2008, 11:02 AM
Mazda does top mount intercoolers too.

what an awful design :rolf

Want_Notch
02-25-2008, 11:26 AM
Oh, another thing I forgot to mention:

Someone needs to call the DNR on Ron, he was cougar hunting without a license.

He was couger hunting?????

http://www.morningbellonline.com/golden%20girls.jpg

Silver03SRT
02-25-2008, 12:15 PM
My dad was thinking of buying a Challenger SRT

Mr. Brett
02-25-2008, 12:29 PM
I completely miss why people like the Audi so much. I think that CF panel behind the doors is gaudy and out of place. If they got rid of that I would like the looks a bit more, but still not that special to me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that. The CF piece just ruins that car.

STANMAN
02-25-2008, 12:33 PM
what an awful design :rolf

It is, who the hell would want the heat of their engine rolling right up into their intercooler?

wikked
02-25-2008, 12:46 PM

I think a lot of it is, that Audi has been making such plain, boring, vanilla looking luxury cars for years, and the R8 is such a 180º from that.
It's not 400+hp in a yawn-inducing square 4dr box this time.

I didn't mind the 2-tone body, it looks alot better in person.

(pix in 3hrs...)

jbiscuit
02-25-2008, 12:47 PM
It is, who the hell would want the heat of their engine rolling right up into their intercooler?

nothing a little water mist can't fix :thumbsup

wikked
02-25-2008, 12:47 PM
+1 to the dealership women... good god the ass on that Chrysler woman, fukking epic :drool:

2nd place to the Pontiac rep with the short hair *unf*

Flicktitty
02-25-2008, 12:50 PM
I think a lot of it is, that Audi has been making such plain, boring, vanilla looking luxury cars for years, and the R8 is such a 180º from that.
It's not 400+hp in a yawn-inducing square 4dr box this time.

I didn't mind the 2-tone body, it looks alot better in person.

(pix in 3hrs...)

R8 looks awesome in just about every way. Sometimes that carbon fiber stripe works other time it looks horrible. But i love the car, then again i'm a huge Audi fan.

Karps TA
02-25-2008, 12:55 PM
I saw the car in person in Chicago. I specifically made a point to find out what so many people were talking about. And I still didn't get it. The guy I was with just shrugged his shoulders as well.

But I fully admit my tastes are different then others and sometimes they change. I hated the Audi TT when it came out. Looked to me like someone took the clay model of the VW Beetle and put a book on it and squished it down and said Viola!. Now I actually kinda like the car.

wikked
02-25-2008, 02:20 PM
I hated the Audi TT when it came out. Looked to me like someone took the clay model of the VW Beetle and put a book on it and squished it down and said Viola!. Now I actually kinda like the car.

Well that explains it all :goof

nismodave
02-25-2008, 02:59 PM
No GTR, I assume?

STANMAN
02-25-2008, 04:10 PM
Nope. I was suprised they had the Challenger

That_Guy
02-25-2008, 04:25 PM
SUBARU! always has and i'm sure always will.

i went to the chicago one, so i doubt i'll venture to the Milwaukee show.

i was talking to a guy who doeswork for subaru and the main reasons for that is when doing off road driving they dont want to have the intercooler get smashed on anything.

:rolleyes:

That_Guy
02-25-2008, 04:26 PM
not to mention im waiting for the gnx to be brought back. as far as throw back cars. also waiting for the monte carlo to go back to rwd

Mr. Brett
02-25-2008, 06:10 PM
not to mention im waiting for the gnx to be brought back.

Keep waiting. And even if they DID bring it back, it would probably be a FWD V6 car. :punch:

Mr Twigbert
02-25-2008, 06:16 PM

How about........... Thanks for inviting me...

JK.. Cock..

I mean, I was probably working..

**** head..

And even if I wasn't workiing I have the wife and kids and all..

You suck ass..

Err.. Its cool though..

wikked
02-25-2008, 06:16 PM
Auto Show pictures are up!

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25741

That_Guy
02-25-2008, 06:19 PM
Keep waiting. And even if they DID bring it back, it would probably be a FWD V6 car. :punch:

yeah.. thats because gm lost its nuts when they dropped the gnx and made the monte a fwd car.

Nix
02-25-2008, 06:19 PM
I don't know too much about imports but did anyone see that black LExus that they had up on the rotating display? That thing was pure sex on wheels. It looked so good, everything just "flowed" togther.

All I know is it was black with black/grey wheels and it was about 60K. I wish I took my camera with me to take some snaps of it. It was a beautiful car.

STANMAN
02-25-2008, 06:32 PM
How about........... Thanks for inviting me...

JK.. Cock..

I mean, I was probably working..

**** head..

And even if I wasn't workiing I have the wife and kids and all..

You suck ass..

Err.. Its cool though..

Go piss down your brothers leg, lol. We had it all planned out on Friday night, but he didn't pick up his phone Sunday morning.

Poncho
02-25-2008, 07:02 PM
not to mention im waiting for the gnx to be brought back. as far as throw back cars. also waiting for the monte carlo to go back to rwd

Considering the Monte Carlo is DEAD. I think you'll be waiting for a while, unless you wanna go out now and buy a old 16 second '87 SS.

That_Guy
02-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Considering the Monte Carlo is DEAD. I think you'll be waiting for a while, unless you wanna go out now and buy a old 16 second '87 SS.

WOW... i actually didnt know the monte is dead.. but then again they said the ss cobalt was dead and look at what they brought back

GRNDNL
02-25-2008, 07:50 PM

Why, They need to stick a fork in Buick and let it rest in piece.......

Deggy
02-25-2008, 08:05 PM
How many cars does Buick even make now...like 3? 2 sedans and an SUV? Just kill Buick off just like Oldsmobile.

That_Guy
02-25-2008, 08:09 PM
Why, They need to stick a fork in Buick and let it rest in piece.......

even then it would be a freekin sweet way to go out. not logical but cool

Poncho
02-25-2008, 08:55 PM
WOW... i actually didnt know the monte is dead.. but then again they said the ss cobalt was dead and look at what they brought back

feel free to head to the dealership and attempt to buy a new Monte Carlo.

wikked
02-25-2008, 09:10 PM
I don't know too much about imports but did anyone see that black LExus that they had up on the rotating display? That thing was pure sex on wheels. It looked so good, everything just "flowed" togther.

All I know is it was black with black/grey wheels and it was about 60K. I wish I took my camera with me to take some snaps of it. It was a beautiful car.

That was the IF-S, it is pretty hawt, too bad my other pic was blurry as all hell for some reason.

http://www.wikked.com/autoshow/08/lexusIS-F.jpg

Karps TA
02-25-2008, 09:13 PM

Yeah it's been dead since last June. However I will say I love my 07, it's been a great car, and is so much nicer then the 02 it replaced, so I was sad to see it go. Nobody makes jack crap for a 2 door anymore.

That_Guy
02-25-2008, 10:20 PM

i bet they bring it back.

lordairgtar
02-25-2008, 11:04 PM
How many cars does Buick even make now...like 3? 2 sedans and an SUV? Just kill Buick off just like Oldsmobile.
C'mon, I haven't reached retirement age yet! What am I going to drive when I move to some old age community?

Poncho
02-26-2008, 01:58 AM
i bet they bring it back.

yea right after a new GTO, a new Firebird, a RWD Impala, and anything with a GS or GN badge.

Flicktitty
02-26-2008, 01:03 PM
if they bring back the GN it's just gonna be a colbalt SS with buick badges.

Deggy
02-26-2008, 01:05 PM
C'mon, I haven't reached retirement age yet! What am I going to drive when I move to some old age community?

Cadillac STS-V

That_Guy
02-26-2008, 01:18 PM
if they bring back the GN it's just gonna be a colbalt SS with buick badges.

they know better then that. but there is no doubt it will be nothing like the old one.im sur they will probly put a 6.0l in it and make it a 2 door... something like that. god forbid gm makes a decent new turbo car.

Deggy
02-26-2008, 01:19 PM
Double post whaaaaa?

That_Guy
02-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Double post whaaaaa?

i only see one post maybe you need to lay off the crack