PDA

View Full Version : So whats been going on with everyone

Silver350
09-23-2003, 01:52 PM
This thread is mainly just to see what everyone else is doing lately. Feel free to vent and post what is going on in your life.

For me I mostly been working, and then taking care of my parents house while they are in Colorado. I am also going to school at MATC on wednesday night. My class is computer end user support. It is actually on of the better classes I have ever taken there. I am also getting ready to go to Oklahoma City Oklahoma to set up a new Quad Graphics site. I will be flying down there Sunday and returning on Friday october 3rd. So I am excited about that seeing I never been on a plane before. and is a awsome way to get a work vacation and break away from this state for a little while.

Prince Valiant
09-23-2003, 02:22 PM
Dude...ANY funny shaking or noises while your flying, landing, taking off probably means your going to die in a horrible fireball :goof

Life is all good w/ me. Girls are good, job is better, now just waiting for one stinking intake valve to get my car ready to get back together. :thumbsup

Silver350
09-23-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Prince Valiant
Dude...ANY funny shaking or noises while your flying, landing, taking off probably means your going to die in a horrible fireball :goof

LOL everyone is trying to spook me. My parents, co-workers and friends. It funny some of the thing they say. So far only my boss was able to get me going on one. I asked why dont people sit on the wings. she said thats the the place were if the plane crashes you die a slow pain ful death.

jbiscuit
09-23-2003, 02:55 PM
did you know that you have a better chance at crashing and dieing in a plane than you do crashing and being killed in your car? Thats crazy sh1t right there. People don't like to sit on the wings cuz when the plane crashes, the wings break off and gallons upon gallons of piping hot rocket fuel fill the cabin and is ignited by the sparks caused from the severed wings....If you sit on the wings, not only does the hot rocket fuel burn your skin off clear down to the bone but you get the satisfaction of knowing that when you explode your guts will bounce off the back of the guy's head in front of you.

Happy crashing,...I mean...flying.:thumbsup

Silver350
09-23-2003, 02:59 PM
LOL Thats funny Jay but if the plan crashes I think it doesnt matter were you sit because traveling at 800mph at 300,000 feet off the ground would be dangerous.

P.S> remind me to smake you j/k

BAD LS1
09-23-2003, 03:04 PM
Oh do those bad boys pull on take off !!!!!!

Its cool too sitting over the wings and everytime you look out the window you see teh wings bouncing up and down like 2 ft like there flapping like a bird.

And nothing beats the feeling of dropping as its rotates( just leaves the ground). Or when flying along nice and peacefull and you hit an air pocket and it drops like rock straight down for a 100 feet or so, thats always kicks a**. If you were sleeeping then, you wont be sleeping no more !!! and your finger nails will be gouged into the arm rests LOL

Tom B

Yooformula
09-23-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Silver350
LOL Thats funny Jay but if the plan crashes I think it doesnt matter were you sit because traveling at 800mph at 300,000 feet off the ground would be dangerous.

What da hell is a smake?:goof

The only time you have to worry Scott on the plane is if some guy sits next to you that looks like me and wont let go of his bag:durr :flipoff:

JohnnyT
09-23-2003, 03:08 PM

Actually it is only about 400-500MPH and 50,000 feet. Not that it matters when you are plumeting back to earth!!

I didn't realize you have never flown before. I could have given you some of my stories. So far, I have always lived to tell them, but it is only a matter of time....

Oh, and make sure you wear clean and hole free underwear so when you get strip searched in the security line you aren't embarassed by having your "junk" exposed in front of everyone! :banana

BAD LS1
09-23-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by 2KSS-4027
Actually it is only about 400-500MPH and 50,000 feet. Not that it matters when you are plumeting back to earth!!

I didn't realize you have never flown before. I could have given you some of my stories. So far, I have always lived to tell them, but it is only a matter of time....

Oh, and make sure you wear clean and hole free underwear so when you get strip searched in the security line you aren't embarassed by having your "junk" exposed in front of everyone! :banana

BUAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHA!!! Comedy.com right there !!!!

Yeah i agree 400MPH and 30,000 Ft crashing would not be to good at helping your complection. With your guts splayed the 4 points of the compass and all !!!!:violin :puke

Tom B

Silver350
09-23-2003, 03:28 PM
I knew telling you guys this information would get some chit chat going on this board again. Perhapse I should of just had the subject say post your flying horror stories.

Valcuda
09-23-2003, 04:10 PM
Just school, work and training for football.....lots of fun:rolleyes:

ricky

Crawlin
09-23-2003, 06:56 PM
Just remember, when one engine starts smoking, it's ok because you got one other one to keep you from crashing. If THAT one starts on fire, grab a chicks lipstick and write your will on your arm leaving the truck to me. Don't worry, I'll treat it well and put those chrome fender lips you have on. Oh AND the naked lady mudflaps.

As for me, Camaro is still down. Work is normal. You know for a small shop, there is a ton of **** talk/bitching about other people going on. And there is only 6 people there during the day. Hopefully this new job pulls through cause it'd be awesome to have ;) That's it for me

Knyghtmare
09-23-2003, 10:48 PM
For me I mostly been working, and then taking care of my parents house while they are in Colorado.

So when is the party? I'll bring a keg! :devil

02hawk796
09-24-2003, 12:23 AM
Never been on a plane before Scott? Remember to yawn repeatedly to clear/equalize the sinus passages between ear, nose, throat during ascent (and descent) or take smelling salts or pepper along to help.
I suggest calling the airline ahead of time to find out what's allowed through the security checks for this week.
You didn't say what airline you're taking, but please forget everything in this threat during your final connecting flight to OKC.
Know why OKC is named "Will Rodgers World Airport?" Cause nobody in OK can spell "International".
The Memorial might be finished by now for the OKC bombing (Murrah federal building). The Cowboy Hall of Fame is there, too. The new part of downtown has a manmade "river" that doesn't go anywhere but still has boats to cruise a few blocks in each direction - wierd.
You might check www.cofba.com to see if there are any events of interest.
The OK economy has still not fully recovered from the ol bust of the early 80's, so the cost of living is much less, and your dollars are appreciated more. many of the top floors of the office buildings are now bars - with great views. I think the Vista was one I liked in Norman. (oh yeah, Norman is home of the OK State football)

Seating is the most important factor in surviving a plane crash. the rear rows are best, and look where all the exits are located when you sit down, not just the nearest - also count exactly how many rows are between you and those doors, so you could find them crawling blind. observe the red lights along the aisles and how they relate to the rows.
I think the above stats were reversed - it's less likely to plane crash than car crash. (actually, it's less than any other form of transpo). there is no rocket fuel in an aircraft.
And remember to accept every opportunity to join the mile-high club! We're rooting for ya. (another advantage of the back rows - remember most of the armrests fold up.)
See ya in Oct.

Knyghtmare
09-24-2003, 12:32 AM
Oh yeah, Scott, This is something I found off of an airline website once before I took a trip. I thought it was humorous so I took a screen shot of it. I just found it and thought I shoudl share. :haveabeer

http://knyghtmare.homestead.com/files/priceline.jpg

Silver350
09-24-2003, 08:50 AM
Chris You cannot have the truck. If I die my dad gets it. You might be able to buy it off him though.

Tyler No keg parties. Parents are coming home Thursday and I have class tonight. I wish I had the ablity to have one.

jbiscuit
09-24-2003, 09:36 AM
if you die man, I will start a poll on BCM AND MWAS titled,

"Scott died: How do you feel about that?"
A) Dance the jig with your sister
B) Dance the jig with Scott's sister
C) Weep for a minute or two and then dance the jig with Scott's sister
D) Woo Hoo, I get his Moderator rights on BCM!

as you can see, if your plane goes down (which there is a good chance it will, not to scare you or anything) we will miss you so much we will post about you. Would it be wrong to still Photochop you then?

Silver350
09-24-2003, 09:41 AM
I dont have a sister. I have a brother. If you want to dance a jig with him go right ahead I will be watching you from above laughing because it would make me realize how much of a :flamet you are:sgay

BlownMe
09-24-2003, 05:44 PM
Awwww how cute!!! Scotts first widdle plane trip. Just dont be a punk on the plane and ask "what was that" after every little sound you hear. Only ask what was that after something actually hits the plane and theres a gaping hole on the side and people start flying out.

Anyways, I know i've been pretty distant but i've been busy trying to finish up the car and at least enjoy her a little bit before I have to put her up again. I promise after I finish the car up, I will be out with you guys more.