PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use godaddy.com?

oneslowcamino
02-24-2008, 02:51 PM
I have been wanting to start a web site for a while and I want to take the next step and buy a domain name. I found go daddy for buying domains and I just wanted to know what people thought about it, or if there is some thing better out there? This will be my first site.

Karps TA
02-24-2008, 02:55 PM
I use them just for some personal web space and have no complaints. They seem pretty cheap to me, and I've never had any downtime. But I don't really have much of a site.

y2kws6
02-24-2008, 03:08 PM
I use 1and1.com and they are great.

Dan

Goat Roper
02-24-2008, 07:34 PM
I host everything out of alwayswebhosting.com. Buy the domain at godaddy though, much cheaper.

At alwayswebhosting if you put the coupon code happynewyear in at checkout it gives you 50% off the package. They have been rock solid stable for me and the customer service is good so I do not feel bad pimping them.

CPonyGo
02-24-2008, 07:37 PM
you get the domain and hosting at Lunarpages.com Thats where I host CPonyGo from for the last 6 years and its always up and fast servers and lots of mega space

oneslowcamino
02-24-2008, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I will check out all the sites. One more question, once I have my domain and some where to host how do I go about designing and building the site? I know about some of the big programs like Adobe Dream weaver, but I don't have the cash to go out and buy something like that. I am pretty good at learning new software and I just want to build my skills a little by making a web page.

Cryptic
02-24-2008, 10:37 PM
you have a pm

wikked
02-25-2008, 09:57 AM
... how do I go about designing and building the site? I know about some of the big programs like Adobe Dream weaver, but I don't have the cash to go out and buy something like that. I am pretty good at learning new software and I just want to build my skills a little by making a web page.

I use Notepad, srsly :thumbsup
HTML is a breeze.

oneslowcamino
02-25-2008, 07:06 PM
Sounds like I will need to brush up on some html. Thanks