PDA

View Full Version : Moving Boxes

michelle
02-24-2008, 09:08 AM
Moving soon and I could definitely use some. Lots of car parts to move around and then all my stuff at my apartment (clothes, kitchen stuff, you know the drill).

Anybody have some or work for a company that wouldn't miss some larger boxes?

TURTLE
02-24-2008, 10:59 AM
i've got a bunch that i was saving for our move, so as long as you can get them back to me by july, i think you can use them... lmk

michelle
02-24-2008, 11:13 AM
i've got a bunch that i was saving for our move, so as long as you can get them back to me by july, i think you can use them... lmk

Oh definitely. I can use the few I have for parts (that way if they get dirty, it's okay) and then use any clean ones for the other important stuff in my apartment (and all of Adam's diecast cars he has collected since birth). He collects way too much stuff.

Where are you in Oconomowoc?

WickedSix
02-24-2008, 11:27 AM
How many and what size are you looking for?? we have tons from 6x6 up to 60x36x12 come through lmk if turtle dunna have enough for you

Slow Joe
02-24-2008, 11:40 AM
I have a buncha plastic totes with covers, but I'd have to dig 'em out of the basement of our apartment... LMK

BoosTT
02-24-2008, 01:14 PM
The produce dept in grocery stores give them away for free. Just ask. I used to work in one, and their boxes were the best I have ever seen. Most of them were twice as thick and really good sizes. Call them and tell them that you'll pick up some boxes a day later. They well save them, but don't wait like 5 days to pick them up, or they'll be pissed. Also, you better have a big car to fit them all in.

Why barrow someone elses boxes?? Get your own for free!!

Max 93
02-24-2008, 01:40 PM
grocery stores will give boxes away

Flicktitty
02-24-2008, 02:07 PM
grocery stores will give boxes away

X2, thats what i have done. Just ask around at differant places. most stores just "Crush" the boxes anyway makes no differance to them. Just don't be dumb and BUY boxes lol

hotshift13
02-24-2008, 02:11 PM
Craigs list always has boxes in the free section...

nismodave
02-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Go to Uhaul and buy some. Cheap ass.

Brandon W.
02-24-2008, 09:52 PM
i have a "box" you can use for all your shit

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e304/wheremyycar/OrangeRollOffDumpstersideview.jpg

Slow Joe
02-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Go to Uhaul and buy some. Cheap ass.

:rolf I've moved so many times I went out and bought a fleet of totes... They are great to have around, and come in handy for future moves... :thumbsup

michelle
02-16-2009, 08:26 AM
Moving again in a couple months and this time into a house, so hopefully it's the last time. I'll need boxes. I'll check with the local grocery stores, but figured I would bump this and see if anybody has any or works at a company that has extras they just throw away/recycle.

Thanks!

awsomeears
02-16-2009, 08:40 AM
Moving again in a couple months and this time into a house, so hopefully it's the last time. I'll need boxes. I'll check with the local grocery stores, but figured I would bump this and see if anybody has any or works at a company that has extras they just throw away/recycle.

Thanks!

I can ask that any boxes at my work are saved, they range from file boxes to odd shaped one's. Perfect for lamps, clothes and odd sized stuff.

Let me know I'll ask that they stuff the boxes into each other :thumbsup

michelle
02-16-2009, 08:43 AM
Yeah, that would be very helpful!

wrath
02-16-2009, 10:23 AM
Since you seem to move a lot, buy some Rubbermaid Roughneck storage totes. I probably have 100 of the damn things. They're nearly indestructible (I even have some transfer cases in some), survive cold well, and when not in use stack nicely. They're like $6/each. Used to be able to catch them on sale 4/$11 but haven't seen that price in a while. I label each one with a 3.5x5 card and tape.

Much more handy, are stackable, and have handles. Granted, I probably have at least $300 in them but they last forever. And I have a lot of shit.

The 18 gallon ones are pretty much the perfect size. The smaller 12 gallon ones are great for cleaning supplies. They make bigger ones and those work great for bedding/blankets.

michelle
02-16-2009, 10:35 AM
This should be the last time I move, so I am looking for temporary stuff that I can recycle afterwards.

I did want to pick up some after Christmas since the red and green ones are often on sale, but I forgot.

Windsors 03 Cobra
02-16-2009, 10:49 AM
+1 for Banana boxes, double wall and heavy fricken duty.

TURTLE
02-16-2009, 09:49 PM
i've still got the large stash... lmk if you'd like some

awsomeears
02-17-2009, 06:44 PM
I just put up some Notes at work and have a good 10 boxes already stacked nicely, when are you going to start packing ?

My work is located in Oak Creek

If you do buy some rubbermaid containers head over to HOBO, you will not find them any cheaper then that place !!!!!!!!!

michelle
02-17-2009, 06:53 PM
I'll start packing the non-essentials as soon as I have some decent size boxes. Do you think you will get anymore or would it be best to pick those up this week?

Josh - Are you ever out this way anymore?

TURTLE
02-17-2009, 10:30 PM
i am when i am needed to be... ;)

awsomeears
02-18-2009, 12:20 AM
I'll start packing the non-essentials as soon as I have some decent size boxes. Do you think you will get anymore or would it be best to pick those up this week?

I was thinking give it till next mid-week and there should be plenty there, then again work is slow so the boxes may come slower.

I'll let you know :thumbsup

michelle
02-18-2009, 06:49 AM
I was thinking give it till next mid-week and there should be plenty there, then again work is slow so the boxes may come slower.

I'll let you know :thumbsup

Appreciate it - thanks!

STANMAN
02-18-2009, 12:02 PM
I have a box attached to my F150. I am guessing you will be needing to use that box at some point or another. We can discuss pricing options later.:rolf

michelle
02-18-2009, 12:13 PM
I have a box attached to my F150. I am guessing you will be needing to use that box at some point or another. We can discuss pricing options later.:rolf

:thumbsup

I would offer babysitting, but we both know that will never happen.

Slow Joe
02-20-2009, 08:38 AM
If you're still in need of boxes, one of my friends works at a place that makes boxes... I can see if he's still got the hook up...

GTSLOW
02-20-2009, 09:05 AM
i have a "box" you can use for all your shit

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e304/wheremyycar/OrangeRollOffDumpstersideview.jpg

:rolf