PDA

View Full Version : Canon S5 IS

CPonyGo
02-23-2008, 07:55 AM
Okay I have decided that this is the camera of choice and my brother had directed me to look on site for better deals than locally and was surprised to see anywhere from 100-200 cheaper???? He recommended Newegg..I have ordered other things from them before.

Any other sites that you guys feel good about ordering from?

Also I am looking at a SDHC in the 4 gig size and why is there such a price swing on those...29-60 and 70 bucks as well as upwards of a couple of hundred online...

feedback appreciated...

tia

Andy

wikked
02-23-2008, 11:26 AM
That's a great choice for a point & shoot, and it's the same price at either newegg or bhphotovideo ($329), so take your pick on whoever has cheaper shipping.

It all depends on the brand for the SDHC.
The SanDisks are like $29, and they'll do fine.
I've never really heard any complaints about choosing one brand over another in that dept.
Mine is made by A∙Data (who? lol), and it's been flawless through thousands of pictures.

SSDude
02-23-2008, 08:27 PM
I've got the S3 IS. Bought it from Newegg ftw. The S5 IS is even better. As far as memory cards any brand will work but name brand for a low price is piece of mind.

CPonyGo
02-23-2008, 09:27 PM
thanks guys...ordering it tonight...now to just learn about f things and shooting pics..lol

CPonyGo
02-23-2008, 10:54 PM
well I ordered the camera and a kingston 4gig sdhc card and usb reader to throw in the bag... need to order a tri or mono pod yet but I want the camera to play with now...lol

thanks for the input...my last camera was the Canon A40 and it served me well for thousands and more pics/videos

CPonyGo
02-26-2008, 04:38 PM
Welp- recieved the camera and card/reader today...have to run around for a bit but then need to play with it later...

thanks for the input