PDA

View Full Version : For those in the New Berlin area...

michelle
02-22-2008, 08:05 PM
What provider do you use for cable TV and internet?

Signing the lease for an apartment in New Berlin this weekend and just want to see what my options are. I have Charter cable and internet at my apartment in Whitewater, but Charter says New Berlin isn't in their service zone.

Don't plan on getting a phone since Adam and I both have our cell phones, so AOL won't really work. :goof

Deggy
02-22-2008, 08:07 PM
I think they got Time Warner out in New Berlin. I hang out with some people out there and I'm pretty sure when I was watching TV it was Time Warner. And one of my friends has DirecTV (Satelite).

Korndogg
02-22-2008, 08:07 PM
well I have time warner for both. and yeah New Berlin is time warner or Direct TV I believe

GHOSST
02-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Comcast cable..:headbang

Slow Joe
02-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Which apartment complex in New Berlin?? JW cause that's where we live :) -- We're in Apple Glen, probably moving to the Sanctuary come Fall...

Time Warner Cable here...

michelle
02-22-2008, 09:02 PM
It's on Greenfield Avenue, west of Calhoun. It's a single 12-apartment complex. Pheasant Meadows or something like that. 2-bedroom, 2-bath, and 2-car extended private garage. (:

Time Warner looks like the best bet. Not much more then what I pay for Charter already.

PureSound15
02-22-2008, 09:10 PM
My parents have DISH network and AT&T dsl, they're in New Berlin.

They had Roadrunner for a while but it would get REALLY slow sometimes.

Slow Joe
02-22-2008, 09:12 PM
It's on Greenfield Avenue, west of Calhoun. It's a single 12-apartment complex. Pheasant Meadows or something like that. 2-bedroom, 2-bath, and 2-car extended private garage. (:

Time Warner looks like the best bet. Not much more then what I pay for Charter already.

Ok, I know where it is... :thumbsup

We're on about 124th and National... I was gunna say if you were living in this complex to run like the wind... :rolf Nothing but problems over here...

michelle
02-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Ok, I know where it is... :thumbsup

We're on about 124th and National... I was gunna say if you were living in this complex to run like the wind... :rolf Nothing but problems over here...

Good to know! I take it that is why you are moving soon. (:

We had to find a 2-car garage as a minimum, so there were only a couple to choose from in that area. I think we're going to be very happy at this place.

CobaltSSTuner
02-22-2008, 09:20 PM
I work on 124th and national at an apartment complex called Woodridge. I'm the assistant property manager. We have 2 bedroom townhomes that are 1200 sqft. if you guys were interested ;) Normal rate is 940 per month, but i can get you in for 900.

CobaltSSTuner
02-22-2008, 09:21 PM
Time warner is where its at :)

michelle
02-22-2008, 09:24 PM
I work on 124th and national at an apartment complex called Woodridge. I'm the assistant property manager. We have 2 bedroom townhomes that are 1200 sqft. if you guys were interested ;) Normal rate is 940 per month, but i can get you in for 900.

We're going to pay $880 and get March free and 2-car garage. (: Can you beat that?

Slow Joe
02-22-2008, 09:53 PM

:rolf I was confused at first... That's on the other side... Not actually on National...

Here at Apple Glen we're at 790/mo with 2 parking spots... In-Unit washer/dryer and a dog for free...

But with the rate shit breaks in this place I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy... :rolf

PB86MCSS
02-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Back in my days when I lived at Stonegate (last couple years) we used Time Warner. I think Time Warner covers most of the metro area....not many choices either.

Since people are talking New Berlin apartments we had a really nice place, myself and two roomates...our 3 bedroom had a 2 car garage with private entry. Pretty cool setup and never any real problems besides some annoying kids running around and doing stuff by all the cars (toys hitting them, bikes). But I blame that on parents who don't do their job heh.

Slow Joe
02-23-2008, 01:02 AM
Good to know! I take it that is why you are moving soon. (:

We had to find a 2-car garage as a minimum, so there were only a couple to choose from in that area. I think we're going to be very happy at this place.

Yeah, I hear ya. The place we're looking at only has a 1 car garage, but no biggie, I think we're going to be getting storage come next spring ('09) for cars and misc...

I wish I wasn't so cheap when we picked this place out... Maybe if I wasn't we wouldn't have to move again... :rolf Oh well...

CobaltSSTuner
02-23-2008, 01:08 AM
yea we dont have apartments, we have townhomes....but like i said they are huge.

CobaltSSTuner
02-23-2008, 01:08 AM
I can get you in a 2 bedroom apartment, heat included, heated underground parking, for 850 per month

CobaltSSTuner
02-23-2008, 01:09 AM
only thing it doesnt have is washer/dryer in unit. but we have laundry facilities on site.

Slow Joe
02-23-2008, 01:21 AM
Thanks for the offer, but no thanks.

Kristie and I are pretty specific on what we're looking for...

2br, 2ba, Pets (dogs specifically), private entry, attached garage (plus parking spots since we have 3 cars), in-unit washer/dryer... So on and so forth...

CobaltSSTuner
02-23-2008, 02:04 AM
thats cool, just thought i would throw it out there :)

Cryptic
02-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Signing the lease for an apartment in New Berlin this weekend

well hello neighbor.... Time Warner Telecom is the local provider.

GRAMPS SS
02-24-2008, 11:32 PM

2br, 2ba, Pets (dogs specifically), private entry, attached garage (plus parking spots since we have 3 cars), in-unit washer/dryer... So on and so forth...

should of moved in by me joe....plenty of room....and not that much $$$$$$$$$$

michelle
02-24-2008, 11:36 PM
Started moving stuff into the apartment today and it didn't take long for me to remember that I don't like moving.

I do like being so close to things. Living out in Hubertus, everything was kind of far out (although now the Falls is more built up). I can see why Adam liked living in Elm Grove.

GRAMPS SS
02-24-2008, 11:38 PM
should of asked for help....

michelle
02-24-2008, 11:40 PM
should of asked for help....

I will when it comes to moving my stuff out in May from my apartment in Whitewater. Adam doesn't have as much stuff, although we haven't started with any car stuff yet. That should be fun. I think we need to pick up some bigger tool boxes to combine our tools, unless we want to do the "his and hers" sides in the garage.

Slow Joe
02-25-2008, 08:15 AM
should of moved in by me joe....plenty of room....and not that much $$$$$$$$$$

Can't now... Kristie got promoted, and she's working in Northern IL...

And I won't move any further south than here... So, New Berlin it is...

Waver
02-25-2008, 09:37 AM

So basically you are looking for a place like the one you had in G-town but in new berlin....nice

You getting a 2nd bedroom for your office/drunk ass friends too lol

Slow Joe
02-25-2008, 09:52 AM
So basically you are looking for a place like the one you had in G-town but in new berlin....nice

You getting a 2nd bedroom for your office/drunk ass friends too lol

Naw, our place in G-Town wasn't that nice... It was just a small 1br...

More looking for a place similar to what I had in the Falls in New Berlin... Then add a garage instead of underground parking...

Nix
02-25-2008, 10:37 AM
probably moving to the Sanctuary come Fall..

That place is such a rip off. Don't waste your money, why don't you guys just purchase a house vs getting into another apartment?

I know a guy that lives that and for an apartment that is somewhere around 1,400 square ft is like 1,200 a month!!! For an apartment?!?!!?!

That is easily a mortgage on a nice house.

Also when the wife and I lived in New Berlin behind Culvers we had Time Warner and I agree at time the RR was slow for some reason or another. The apartments we lived in we in Hidden Creek. Pretty nice and very fair prices.

2 br 1 1/2 bath garage washer and dryer in our unit central air water softner and a bunch of other jazz for under $800 a month.

michelle
02-25-2008, 01:22 PM
If anybody wants me to tell Time Warner that you referred me to them, I think you can get $25 from them. Just give me your full name (I am assuming that is all that is necessary) and you can enjoy a little extra cash or probably credit on your bill.

For wireless internet and cable, the guy quoted me at $75.97 a month (including taxes). Sound typical? I pay a couple dollars more for the same thing and I have Charter.