PDA

View Full Version : Mcse

Silver03SRT
02-22-2008, 12:23 PM
How many people have it?

tbarsch
02-22-2008, 01:30 PM
...just started working towards it. Have not yet taken any tests though... Currently, I'm a Novell CNE 4,5&6...

Josepy
02-22-2008, 02:01 PM
I dont have it. I am the network adim where i work. Taught myself everything over the last 8 years. I have 0 certs. Looking to get some in the future but Do no really need to know. I have the experience so that weighs well on my reusme.

Silver03SRT
02-22-2008, 02:41 PM
I just started working on my MCSE and I think I should be able to get it in 2 years. I am going to take my first exam in 2 months. The first exam is going to be Security +

H8RADE
02-22-2008, 04:29 PM
I dont have it. I am the network adim where i work. Taught myself everything over the last 8 years. I have 0 certs. Looking to get some in the future but Do no really need to know. I have the experience so that weighs well on my reusme.

Kinda like what he said...
I got my MCSE in NT 4.0 in the late 90s.
Everything else has been learned 'on the fly'.
MCSE is nice, but don't take too much stock in the adds by PC Pro Schools.
Always fun to laugh at the kids with 23 Microsoft lapel pins who freeze like a deer in the headlights when they get a real-world issue on a real-world network, though...
Advertising is a hell of a drug...
:devil

Silver03SRT
02-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Im not going to PC Pro school. I know people who did that and everyone said it was a waste of 25K dollars. I am going to learn everything on my own. I have Windows Server 2003 installed and am toying around with it right now. Im hoping 2 years from now I will have it and then it will be another plus on my already building resume.

Prince Valiant
02-22-2008, 05:24 PM
God...so sorry to hear you've guys got it! i'll pray for your recovery :(

:D

DurtyKurty
02-23-2008, 11:00 AM
Several years ago I started it, took a few classes but then.... :shrug: . It was my white collar alternate ego that made me do it. I have since then accepted my station in life as a toll both operator.