PDA

View Full Version : Car Dealers Check In

Waver
02-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Trying to help my friend out with a more "family" car. He is looking for somthing that can seat at leas 7 people confortably....He is thinking about a minivan, however friends dont let friends drive minivans. Was thinking more of a tahoe or an expedition....he has an 07 500 that he might trade in that he owes a little money on, but is way ahead on the payments, ie owes less than what the car is worth

Windsors 03 Cobra
02-22-2008, 10:11 AM
Some darn nice, powerfull, economical and roomie as heck minivans out there.
I hate jap cars but I always liked the 02-06 ? nissian quests; the dashboard and center stack in them is off the wall. So far out in fact that the design turned the normal plain van folks away.

Honda oddysey is also uber popular with tha jap lover's.

slickwilly
02-22-2008, 10:37 AM
Well, if he's gonna go with a minivan, I'm partial to Dodges. They're incredibly versatile and useful. I don't know as much about the new ones, but we have a '92 and a '00 and they are both very good family vehicles.

The new Expeditions are pretty good looking vehicles though, I'm surprised that Ford turned out something that isn't hideous. My mom works at a Ford dealer in Theinsville, I'm sure I could get you some info on them.

Crawlin
02-22-2008, 10:46 AM
I really like the Toyota Sienna' after being at my toyota store for a while now. rides real nice.

But yeah, if he wants an SUV, best bet is to look at what stuff is certified, because sometimes then he'll be able to get a 3.9 or a 4.9 rate on a used tahoe/suburban or the same through Ford stuff.

best bet, drive everything he likes. the 7 passenger thing pretty much limits him to a larger suv and/or minivan. How many miles does he drive? Alot? then maybe a minivan will be better since they are usually a solid 8-10mpg better on fuel mileage. does he have to tow anything? if smaller the minivan can do it(small fishing boat?) but anything larger than 1000lbs i'd be looking at an suv then.

You can get a Toyota Highlander w/ a 3rd row seat. So that'd be a smaller more economical 7 passenger vehicle w/o having the minivan look.