PDA

View Full Version : X5 or Trailblazer SS

ND4SPD
02-20-2008, 02:22 PM
So I'm looking at picking up either a BMW X5 4.4i ('04 to '06) or an '06 Trailblazer SS for my daily driver and I'm having some trouble deciding between the two. I haven't test drove either yet, but I have that planned for later on this week. I like them both but for different reasons... I like the BMW's refinements, handling, etc... but the raw power of the SS is also very appealing (395 horse). Anyone have any experience with either or have any stron feelings one way or the other? I know there's at least one person on here that will probably say go for the Beamer. :) If I could afford an X5 4.8is I'd probably go that route, but they're a little outside my price range at this point. Any thoughts? Anyone?

Slow Joe
02-20-2008, 02:25 PM
Also... Look at the Saab 9-7X 6.0L... Pretty much it's a Trail Blazer SS with a nicer interior...

Honestly I'm a fan of all of 'em... If I had to choose, I'd have to drive the triage back to back to see which one I liked the most...

P.S. I think I'd probably lean towards the BMW...

Deggy
Personally, being that I am not a fan of BMW SUV's I would go with the Trailblazer SS. I just love the overall styling of it.

Flight_740
Im a huge BMW fan but in all honesty, I hate the X5. They ride like absolute garbage and honestly look like shit in my opinion.. They have nice power though. I just think BMW should have stuck with cars.

I don't like the TBSS either.

Flight_740
02-20-2008, 02:27 PM
But on a plus note, the X5 should be dirt cheap. I mean cheap cheap. I have had a few the past months and I can hardly give them away. People just don't want them.

ND4SPD
02-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Also... Look at the Saab 9-7X 6.0L... Pretty much it's a Trail Blazer SS with a nicer interior...

Honestly I'm a fan of all of 'em... If I had to choose, I'd have to drive the triage back to back to see which one I liked the most...

P.S. I think I'd probably lean towards the BMW...

Thanks for the suggestions and opinions thus far... keep them coming. By all means if anyone knows of any other options I'd love to hear them. Up until yesterday I was sold on the X5... then I came across a post on a Trailblazer SS (which I didn't know existed, much less had near-400hp). I know the Jeep Cherokee SRT-8 is out there too, but I'm not terribly fond of Jeeps (already owned one and it was a nightmare). I'll have to go look at the Saab though.

LIZMO
02-20-2008, 02:38 PM
I personally have little to no experiance with either. But as much as i like luxury i would like a TBSS just for the modibility and just to be something fun to drive. Where as teh X5 is gonna seem more baller. It's really how you want others to look at you. Have you ever thought of a Mercedes Benz ML55 AMG? Those are extremly nice or even at the prices your looking you could maybe find a Porsche Cayenne?

Prince Valiant
02-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Surprising.

I would have said to expect:

Fllight 740 certainly, nismo dave possibly, and mabye another oddball one or two guys to say: "X5"

Everyone else : "Aw man! SS is da bomb! Gotta have the SS! Why even ask? I mean, it's an SS! Don't you know about the SS! Hell, it's even illegal to type SS! with out the "!" on the end! Did you know SS! and LS! both end in S! ? true story.

And then the odd one or two "What about the Grand Cherokee SRT-8 that has 420hp, quicker acceleration, AND handles better? Only downside is it wouldn't be a good tow vehicle if that's important..."

And then flamewar rips apart the BCM community, lasting 17 pages.

I like the X5, but for my purposes, would just get a 5 series beemer...possibly see about an AWD wagon for my taste.

Trailblazer SS are neat too. Really, can't go wrong. But the Beemer would likely cost more if something went wrong, and not much you could do acceleration wise to mod it, but pretty sure it'd be fairly simple to mod for handling...but if that was the goal, why get an SUV?

Slow Joe
02-20-2008, 02:40 PM
I personally have little to no experiance with either. But as much as i like luxury i would like a TBSS just for the modibility and just to be something fun to drive. Where as teh X5 is gonna seem more baller. It's really how you want others to look at you. Have you ever thought of a Mercedes Benz ML55 AMG? Those are extremly nice or even at the prices your looking you could maybe find a Porsche Cayenne?

The Cayanne is another, but watch out... the '04s are Plagued (sp) with problems...

Those as well are dirt cheap right now...

P.S. If you find a maroon '04 Cayanne S with tan interior and some body work that was done, run away fast :rolf :rolf That was my dad's... There's a long story beind that thing...

BAD LS1
02-20-2008, 02:40 PM
Oh man an 9-7x with an LS2... Its like the TBSS exterior styling and performance with a much nicer interior... That would be an awesome rig to pick up in black.

Slow Joe
02-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Oh man an 9-7x with an LS2... Its like the TBSS exterior styling and performance with a much nicer interior... That would be an awesome rig to pick up in black.

Yup, and I want one like no body's business... But I have no use for it, and don't want to pay for the gas with prices going up... :(

BAD LS1
02-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Fakin hawt.

http://news.windingroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/08-saab-9-7x-aero.jpg

LIZMO
02-20-2008, 02:43 PM
My bf's friend had a 04 in Silver and they had no problems and it had 50K miles. He now has a 06 Seal Gray Cayenne with 70K And is trading it in on a New Cayenne GTS I know if was gonna get a SUV and had deep pockets i'd be all over the Cayenne. Or the VW Toureg?

LIZMO
02-20-2008, 02:44 PM
Sidetrack - How much do those SAABS go for?

ND4SPD
02-20-2008, 02:46 PM
Yeah I was actually considering the Cayennes... but being that I'm going to have to buy used to afford any of the afore mentioned vehicles... the Porsche scares me the most as far as repair costs. Yeah, the BMW makes me nervous too and aftermarket sucks on the BMWs... way too expensive to mod... but, I don't really know how much modding I'd be doing anyway since that's what I have my Supra for.

Towing isn't important... my bias against Jeep is as I said, already had one and had problems... plus, I'm not all that keen on the styling of the SRT-8... plus it's significantly more expensive than the TBSS.

BAD LS1
02-20-2008, 02:47 PM
Sidetrack - How much do those SAABS go for?

They start @ 46k for the 9-7X Areo (TBSS Variant)

BAD LS1
02-20-2008, 02:49 PM
Yeah I was actually considering the Cayennes... but being that I'm going to have to buy used to afford any of the afore mentioned vehicles... the Porsche scares me the most as far as repair costs. Yeah, the BMW makes me nervous too and aftermarket sucks on the BMWs... way too expensive to mod... but, I don't really know how much modding I'd be doing anyway since that's what I have my Supra for.

Towing isn't important... my bias against Jeep is as I said, already had one and had problems... plus, I'm not all that keen on the styling of the SRT-8... plus it's significantly more expensive than the TBSS.

From a performance stand point, and the abilty for less costly repairs if needed go with the TBSS...

If you have an image to uphold, go with the euro's. They are fine too, but usually with the higher cost of ownership associated with it.

Slow Joe
02-20-2008, 02:54 PM
My bf's friend had a 04 in Silver and they had no problems and it had 50K miles. He now has a 06 Seal Gray Cayenne with 70K And is trading it in on a New Cayenne GTS I know if was gonna get a SUV and had deep pockets i'd be all over the Cayenne. Or the VW Toureg?

They were lucky then... My dad's had problems from day 1. Had a device failure, and the "active traction control" or something to that matter (edited, first statement was incorrect), braking was also impaired... Drove the vehicle off a road, between a sign and a tree... Ripped up both sides of the SUV. Did it a second time, that time it only went through a ditch ripping up everything underneath. That time when he took it into IA it had thrown over 1500 failure codes, and they had to replace almost every module in the thing down to the Navigation... Still didn't fix the problems, the air ride suspension had a mind of it's own and would inflate and deflate in the middle of the night, killng the battery by morning. It needed tires at 15k (these things are tire munchers)... The list goes on and on...

The Touaregs are getting cheap now a days...

Edit: The vehicle was technically a Lemon, Porsche refunded him some money on the vehicle, let him keep it, and gave him a 5 year/100k Porsche Certified Bumper to Bumper Warranty...

Flight_740
02-20-2008, 02:58 PM
Surprising.

Fllight 740 certainly, nismo dave possibly, and mabye another oddball one or two guys to say: "X5"

Everyone else : "Aw man! SS is da bomb! Gotta have the SS! Why even ask? I mean, it's an SS! Don't you know about the SS! Hell, it's even illegal to type SS! with out the "!" on the end! Did you know SS! and LS! both end in S! ? true story.

And then the odd one or two "What about the Grand Cherokee SRT-8 that has 420hp, quicker acceleration, AND handles better? Only downside is it wouldn't be a good tow vehicle if that's important..."

I like the X5, but for my purposes, would just get a 5 series beemer...possibly see about an AWD wagon for my taste.

Trailblazer SS are neat too. Really, can't go wrong. But the Beemer would likely cost more if something went wrong, and not much you could do acceleration wise to mod it, but pretty sure it'd be fairly simple to mod for handling...but if that was the goal, why get an SUV?

:rolf:rolf:rolf:thumbsup

ND4SPD
02-20-2008, 02:59 PM
Oh, and I have thought about a 5-series BMW... an '01 M5 to be exact... but with Wisconsin weather the way it is, and the fact that I have to drive to Madison to get to work an M5 daily-driver just isn't doable right now.

Flight_740
02-20-2008, 03:08 PM
I like the 5 series AWD wagon idea. I have always wanted a 540 wagon with a 6 speed.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=235937042&dealer_id=1331371&car_year=2003&model=540IT&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=BMW&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=53227&advanced=&end_year=2008&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=1745

Crawlin
02-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Being a GM guy....

How many miles/year do you drive? A ton?

If not then go with the X5. Repair costs and maintenance is expensive, but if you got the dough, do it.

if you drive a ton of miles, I'd do the SS. The reliability is gonna be there on those compared to a higher mileage equivalent of the BMW(don't care what anyone says)

I like the Toureag, only in the V10 though. But something about driving an expensive SUV thats still a "Volkswagen" just doesn't sit well with me.

At that point I'd be looking at an Acura MDX or a Honda Pilot if towing isn't a concern. Still get the luxury, but don't have the power compared to an SS. I really like the MDX for an all around Luxury type mid size SUV.

LIZMO
02-20-2008, 03:17 PM
What about some sort of Audi? AWD Some turbo. Just a thought

Poncho
02-20-2008, 04:14 PM

x2 Joe and I are on the same page for once.

ND4SPD
02-20-2008, 04:29 PM
I did my stint with VW with a '90 Corrado... 'nuff said there if you know anything about Corrados and a guy at work had a Toureg that turned out to be a lemon... so I'm really not interested in the Toureg... yes I know I said I was considering the Cayenne and they're practically the same thing as the Toureg (sounds like both have had their share of troubles). I can't bring myself to do the station-wagon thing either... even if it were a BMW (or Mercedes). The wife has an '05 WRX Wagon so one wagon in the family is enough. Not a bad suggestion though.

The Saab looks nice, but there's no way I'm going to spend the money on an '07 when the '06 TBSS is the same car for half the cost. I also have no *image* to uphold, so that's not the reason I'd be getting the BMW, it would more or less be because they are supposed to be designed as the "ultimate driving machine" so driving enjoyment. And if it wasn't apparent before I am talking about the TB SS AWD, not the 2WD version.

Deggy
02-20-2008, 04:34 PM
I have a friend that has a TBSS and I guess they run 2 mufflers and he took one off replaced it with the same size piping and it sounds really bad ass. Sounds just as good as the aftermarket stuff they got out there.

05caddyext
02-20-2008, 05:10 PM
There is a really nice red Trailblazer SS for sale here in Whitewater. Low miles, somewhere around 40,000 I believe. Super clean. Range Rover :headbang

ND4SPD
02-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Looks like there's one in Brookfield too... so I will probably go test drive that one, and looks like International Autos has a few X5 4.4i's. Maybe I'll know more after I've had some wheel time with each of them.

Flight_740
02-20-2008, 06:10 PM
I have an 02 x5 4.4 for sale. to old?

ND4SPD
02-20-2008, 07:08 PM
Yeah, I'm trying to stay in the '04 and newer range. I'd consider an '03 but only if it was a 4.6is. Thanks though.

nismodave
02-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Surprising.

#1- I dont know if that was an Insult or what?:confused

B- I agree with you. Especially your last half, of your last sentence.

lordairgtar
02-20-2008, 07:50 PM
All this talk of high end SUVs (cool cars) leaves me feeling, uh, inadequate!

PB86MCSS
02-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Aw man! SS is da bomb! Gotta have the SS! Why even ask? I mean, it's an SS!

:D

I was thinking of a TB SS or GTO by next spring, doing a little homework recently. But I'll probably just stick with my LeSabre since its paid for and reliable/comfortable. Car payments are not something I'd like. Not sure on the mileage of the BMW or other SUVs mentioned but the TB SS gets mid teens or lower in AWD form. Also has some tranny issues...but Did you know SS! and LS! both end in S! ? true story. :rolf

I'd lean towards the TB SS since its GM as well...and I'm guessing its cheaper in price too. Seems you can get an 06' for low 20's and dropping.

Poncho
02-20-2008, 09:06 PM
GTOs r junk, get a mustang and put stripes on it.

PB86MCSS
02-20-2008, 09:11 PM
GTOs r junk, get a mustang and put stripes on it.

Good point. Will do!

Prince Valiant
02-20-2008, 09:24 PM
#1- I dont know if that was an Insult or what?:confusedNot an insult by any stretch...it was just a funny reference to your frequently prefering cars not of US orgins, and one of the few regular's who'll state it as such.

nismodave
02-20-2008, 09:39 PM
I like some American cars.....Corvettes, the new Caddies, some newer stangs, etc.

Cryptic
02-20-2008, 10:02 PM
#1- I dont know if that was an Insult or what?:confused

B- I agree with you. Especially your last half, of your last sentence.

1, B, ??? what comes after "B" if you start with "1" :confused

nismodave
02-20-2008, 10:05 PM
1, B, ??? what comes after "B" if you start with "1" :confused

Its a joke ,Bubba.:)

Prince Valiant
02-20-2008, 10:23 PM
1, B, ??? what comes after "B" if you start with "1" :confused"~"

ND4SPD
02-21-2008, 09:19 AM
It's like hexadecimal or something... :D

That_Guy
02-21-2008, 09:28 AM
get the trail blazer ss., dump the 4wd, and get the vector motorsports supercharging kit. if you lose the fwd that 600 pounds plus you get a supercharging kit that bumps you up 100 hp or more provided what pully you put on

Deggy
02-21-2008, 09:30 AM
get the trail blazer ss., dump the 4wd, and get the vector motorsports supercharging kit. if you lose the fwd that 600 pounds plus you get a supercharging kit that bumps you up 100 hp or more provided what pully you put on

I think he wants it for the 4WD.

That_Guy
02-21-2008, 09:36 AM
I think he wants it for the 4WD.

you can still run the vector supercharger kit ... just sick!

Deggy
02-21-2008, 09:43 AM
You're sick for wanting my mother.

That_Guy
02-21-2008, 10:03 AM
You're sick for wanting my mother.

im not going to lie.. yes.

johnny--2k
02-21-2008, 11:08 AM
My mom had an X5, not a bad car, but not great either. The TBSS is an awesome truck, but the only killer for me is that 4 speed trans. It does shift nice and firm though, one plus over my Jeep's 5 speed.

It's really a horse apiece. Drive them and make your choice!

That_Guy
02-21-2008, 02:10 PM
My mom had an X5, not a bad car, but not great either. The TBSS is an awesome truck, but the only killer for me is that 4 speed trans. It does shift nice and firm though, one plus over my Jeep's 5 speed.

u can hptuners to lose the sloppy shifting. ive been in one where they did it.. so cool..

ND4SPD
02-21-2008, 02:58 PM
Yeah, the AWD is a must... especially after the past few weeks. If I didn't have a problem with the styling of the SRT-8, I'd be considering one of those too... but I just can't get past their looks and the interior's design. Lot's of great features, great power... but yeah... sorry, not for me. So, if I get the SS I'll just have to settle for second place behind the SRT... but then I'm not buying it for speed... I have my Supra for that. But I like to have fun with my daily driver's too... hence why I bought the GTP in the first place.

HP ADDICT
02-21-2008, 07:06 PM
To me the SRT8 is just so much nicer then the TBSS. If they would offer better financing on it I would own one.

Flight_740
02-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Ever considered a GMC Typhoon?:rolf:rolf

Take that TBSS for a walk!

Flicktitty
02-21-2008, 07:20 PM
1. Porsche Cayenne
2. Mercedes ML55 AMG
3. Saab that joe posted
4. Chevy TBSS
5. Jeep SRT8

Flight_740
02-21-2008, 08:12 PM
Infiniti FX45's are probably the coolest SUV's I have ever driven. They feel so nice on the road. Might want to drive one if you like the way they look.

Flicktitty
02-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Infiniti FX45's are probably the coolest SUV's I have ever driven. They feel so nice on the road. Might want to drive one if you like the way they look.

i drove one of these last year and i liked it but it seemed like they tried too hard to make it drive nice. My sister in-law bought a 05 Nissan Murano and it seems to ride just as nice.

lordairgtar
02-21-2008, 11:05 PM
im not going to lie.. yes.
Is his mom .....hot?

That_Guy
02-22-2008, 07:33 AM
Is his mom .....hot?

hahahahaha rumor has it no.

CobaltSSTuner
02-22-2008, 12:09 PM

We have tuned a a tbss w/ exhaust with hp tuners, and just by adjusting shift points, rev limiters, and torque limiters, it makes a huge difference :)

That_Guy
02-22-2008, 12:41 PM
We have tuned a a tbss w/ exhaust with hp tuners, and just by adjusting shift points, rev limiters, and torque limiters, it makes a huge difference :)

huge difference!

CobaltSSTuner
02-22-2008, 12:55 PM
how the hell do you know lol?

That_Guy
02-22-2008, 01:05 PM
how the hell do you know lol?

i freaking know.. back off son!

CobaltSSTuner
02-22-2008, 01:09 PM
you weren't in lake geneva with us.....son!

That_Guy
02-22-2008, 02:09 PM

i dont have to bee there to experince the furry of teh tbss!:banana1:

CobaltSSTuner
02-22-2008, 02:11 PM
w/e

LIZMO
02-22-2008, 07:00 PM

how did you find lake geneva? lol

ND4SPD
02-24-2008, 08:54 PM
1. Porsche Cayenne
2. Mercedes ML55 AMG
3. Saab that joe posted
4. Chevy TBSS
5. Jeep SRT8

1. Too expensive to repair.
2. Too expensive
3. Too expensive

5. Don't care for the styling.

Typhoon... yes, considered it, but since I probably won't be doing much in the way of mods, the TBSS will be faster from the get-go, and I need something with 4 doors (otherwise why get rid of the GTP)?

FX45... not big on the styling of those either.

For those that have or have rode in a TBSS, how's the ride... am I going to have back problems being that I have a 150mi round trip to and from work three days a week?

Flicktitty
02-24-2008, 10:22 PM
this damn thread has got me into looking at TBSS's

Flight_740
02-25-2008, 08:27 AM
For those that have or have rode in a TBSS, how's the ride... am I going to have back problems being that I have a 150mi round trip to and from work three days a week?

If thats the case, I would be concerned of how he seat feels too.

CobaltSSTuner
02-25-2008, 09:19 AM
this damn thread has got me into looking at TBSS's

you should get one so we can tune it

CobaltSSTuner
02-25-2008, 09:20 AM
tbss's are nice smooth rides. if you hit a huge pot hole, your going to feel it, but for the most part, its smooth :)

ND4SPD
02-25-2008, 05:11 PM
Well, test drove both an X5 and a TBSS today... both were about as I expected each would be... so I'm still in the same dilemma as before... still trying to decide between power and comfort.

First I went down to a dealership in Greenfield to drive an X5. Pretty nice, handled nice, rode nice, VERY comfortable interior. Definitely what I'd been expecting from a BMW. The X5s acceleration was so-so. I mean it gave you a little push in the back when you stepped on it, but nothing to really write home about. I was a little disappointed with the Steptronic semi-auto shifting. When downshifting it did just fine, but when accelerating and shifting in the manual mode it seemed to have an annoying delay. I couldn't really get on the X5 since the salesperson rode with me the whole time.

After that, I went out to Brookfield to test drive the TBSS... basically the salesperson rode with me for about 15 minutes, then said he had a delivery to make so he handed me $10 for gas (because it was low) and said to bring it back in about an hour. So, off I go. The drivers seat took a lot of adjustment and getting used to before it was comfortable. I really wish Chevy would go with a friction-based tilt for the steering wheel though because the perfect position for me was inbetween two of the notches. Other than that the interior was fine. Ride was firm and rough as I expected it to be. Handling likewise, about what I was expecting. But oh, my, god, the power! :D Damn does that thing move for an SUV. I can only imagine what the SRT-8 must be like. Halfway through my test drive I realized it wasn't an AWD model when I got home and tried to park it in our alley... and got stuck. With the help of my wife and mother-in-law I got it back onto the road. On the way back I took it up and on-ramp to HWY 45 and turned the StabiliTrack off and punched it... Wooot! Up the ramp I go diagonally. :D I was VERY impressed with the StabiliTrack. Up until getting it stuck I had no idea it wasn't AWD (and I had taken it down a few messy side streets already). Anyway, the ride was rather punishing (especially on the rougher roads) compared to the X5, but it wasn't bad overall. But wow, yeah, the power is really impressive. Now I just need to find an AWD one to test drive so I can see if the AWD robs too much power. Yeah, you may want to go try one out Flick.

Slow Joe
02-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Too bad the Saab is too expensive for ya... Otherwise I'm sure that it's a softer ride, and guarantee that it's got some of Saab's extra comfy seats... And it being a 9-7X guarantees that it's XWD (Saab calls it Cross Wheel Drive...)

Slow Joe
02-25-2008, 05:31 PM
i drove one of these last year and i liked it but it seemed like they tried too hard to make it drive nice. My sister in-law bought a 05 Nissan Murano and it seems to ride just as nice.

That might have something to deal with them sharing the same platform (if I remember correctly) :rolf

Flight_740
02-25-2008, 07:16 PM
Just an FYI. I will know soon but I may be getting an 06 TBSS AWD black/black with 50k on it soon. I just have to find out if my bid was high enough with the Dealership we buy from. If we gat it, We should be priced around $21k.

Flicktitty
02-25-2008, 07:20 PM
/\ LMK too, i have a friend that has been lookin at them latly.

Poncho
02-25-2008, 08:29 PM
Jesus, maybe I need to wait a year or two and buy Nicole a used TBSS instead of a GTP in the near future.

turbogarrett
02-25-2008, 10:34 PM
The ml55's can be had for well under 20k and are a great bargain suv imo. I can tow sleds, boats or my car with it and even with the full frame design handles very well. Big (13.5") brembos all around and a great sounding 342hp/376tq also make for a fun drive. I have never dragged mine, but have taken a friends to the grove and pulled 15.2 @ 94 mph with probably 200# of tools in the back(floorjack,jackstands etc).

German autos on the whole, get a lot of unfair bad press imo. Go check out their forums and see what I mean, many would rather spend $1200 on a brake job at a dealership, than take $300 to buy new oem parts and do it themselves- a job that would take anyone with any mechanical sense and basic tools maybe an hour. Most of them rely on the dealership to maintain and fix their vehicles even when well past warranty and that's where a lot of the "big dollar repair bill" mystique comes from.

ND4SPD
02-26-2008, 11:01 AM
The ml55's can be had for well under 20k and are a great bargain suv imo. I can tow sleds, boats or my car with it and even with the full frame design handles very well. Big (13.5") brembos all around and a great sounding 342hp/376tq also make for a fun drive. I have never dragged mine, but have taken a friends to the grove and pulled 15.2 @ 94 mph with probably 200# of tools in the back(floorjack,jackstands etc).

German autos on the whole, get a lot of unfair bad press imo. Go check out their forums and see what I mean, many would rather spend $1200 on a brake job at a dealership, than take $300 to buy new oem parts and do it themselves- a job that would take anyone with any mechanical sense and basic tools maybe an hour. Most of them rely on the dealership to maintain and fix their vehicles even when well past warranty and that's where a lot of the "big dollar repair bill" mystique comes from.

Well, that's all very fine and dandy when if you have a garage (and the necessary tools)... which at this point we don't, and I'm not laying out in the snow to service my cars. Where are you seeing ML55 AMGs for under 20k? That must be some seriously high mileage because they don't even wholesale for that.

I think if I go Trailblazer SS I think I'm going to try to find an '07 with the 100,000 powertrain warranty. I was doing some reading on a couple of TB forums and it sounds like some of the tranny's are letting go.

CobaltSSTuner
02-26-2008, 02:20 PM
TBSS's are badass trucks. as you can see, they are powerful and have some pretty big balls. Out of the box they run 13's. Not bad for an suv.

That_Guy
02-26-2008, 02:31 PM
TBSS's are badass trucks. as you can see, they are powerful and have some pretty big balls. Out of the box they run 13's. Not bad for an suv.

for sure