pOrk
02-19-2008, 02:06 PM
If you haven't done so yet, get out there and make your vote count. :banana1:

Breecher_7
02-19-2008, 02:14 PM

"Make your vote count"

That is an interesting phrase.

I have this problem though, although I dont like it, I know a democrat is going to win this election and its going to be either clinton or obama.

Therefore by voting for anyone other then those two you are really just pissing your vote out the window.

In the grand scheme of things, I am voting for the lesser of the two evils. My vote will sadly enough be for Clinton.

If your like me and cannot stand obama, I would encourage you to do the same. :alcoholic

88Nightmare
02-19-2008, 02:15 PM
mccain ftw

even though he probably wont :(

HAMRHEAD
02-19-2008, 02:17 PM
I refuse to vote for Clinton or Obama! We are screwed if either wins.

Breecher_7
02-19-2008, 02:23 PM
I refuse to vote for Clinton or Obama! We are screwed if either wins.

Get used to it, one of them ARE going to win. So instead of voting for who I want in office, im gonna vote against who i want to keep out of office.

Larrygto
02-19-2008, 02:28 PM
I got my I voted today sticker!

scaleracer
02-19-2008, 02:31 PM

okay i'm only 15! but aside that all these people say all of this stuff they're going to do to help us but how many of them really do it!! :rolleyes: personally maybe it's just me but i don't think half of them actually do it! they will say anything to get your vote! just my 2 cents! :thumbsup

jbiscuit
02-19-2008, 02:31 PM
just wait...if Hillary gets elected. No more muscle cars! She wants to pass an fuel economy bill requiring 55+MPG! YAY for Smart cars!

scaleracer
02-19-2008, 02:33 PM
just wait...if Hillary gets elected. No more muscle cars! She wants to pass an fuel economy bill requiring 55+MPG! YAY for Smart cars!

fvck that! that would suck! who cares about fuel economy! i bet if she did that she might get taken out :devil :rolf

juicedimpss
02-19-2008, 02:34 PM
write in "juicedimpss"
:D

Prince Valiant
02-19-2008, 02:34 PM
I'm not so sure that McCain would lose a general election...although I'm resigned to the fact he may.

b/w hillary or Obama, I think I could live with the hill more...why? Face it, she's a political opportunist like her husband. Few people recall that his first two years were quite disasterous in terms of popularity. His approval numbers were quite low (figures, only 43% of the voting public voted for him).

This lead to Republicans sweeping into both house and senate....something that hadn't happened together in over 50+ years prior to that.

With that, they were able to initiate their mandate ("Contract w/ America") quite successfully, which included numerous promises including reducing spending, balancing the budget, welfare reform and more.

Clinton, the opportunist he was, recognized this sweep and more or less conceded the cuts and reforms. Now he claims them as his own.

Hey, Hillary is willing to go against her principles to maintain poll numbers...in her case, not a bad thing.

Obama on the other hand has the ability that hillary doesn't...he's almost a messiah to his followers. His election could well lead to a greater polarization of the US population along idealogical divides. Face it, anything that the minority party opposes, he'll have an effective foil...AND he'll have a devoted following that will accept his demonization at face value.

Likewise, should his policies NOT work (as would be likely imo), he'll be able to blame others...and again, while a logical/objective person could see through this, no one is accusing his followers of being anything. Hey, it's all about "hope" right? Well, you didn't "hope" enough!

We'll fall back on the stereotypical Us vs Them reasoning....or just put the blame on failed policies on previous administrations, which again, objectivity would be able to sort out whether there is any credence to the claim (as could always be the case), but people just to willingly accept what he's preaching.

BUT, McCain could well win...there is no doubt of that. Obama is young and can make some serious errors. Hillary is very much disliked, and could be given to more of the behaviour that people don't like about her.

Democrats HAVE lost elections they SHOULD have won...see 2000 and 2004. We'll just have to wait and see.

Of course, Obama's wife does a good job of putting her foot in her mouth too which could hurt him. Yesterday she said that today is, "The first time in my adult life that I've been proud of the US"---I mean, sheesh. There are plenty of times she should have been proud of the US...regardless of what you've think we've done wrong, it CAN'T be argued that we haven't done right either. Things like that will lose the middle/on the fence voters in a heartbeat.

Prince Valiant
02-19-2008, 02:35 PM
She wants to pass an fuel economy bill requiring 55+MPG! YAY for Smart cars!But smart cars don't even get 55mpg!

Breecher_7
02-19-2008, 02:40 PM
Of course, Obama's wife does a good job of putting her foot in her mouth too which could hurt him. Yesterday she said that today is, "The first time in my adult life that I've been proud of the US"---I mean, sheesh. There are plenty of times she should have been proud of the US...regardless of what you've think we've done wrong, it CAN'T be argued that we haven't done right either. Things like that will lose the middle/on the fence voters in a heartbeat.

If your not proud of this country, get the **** out. I didnt watch my friends and fellow soldiers die for nothing.

Obama makes me ******* sick.

Im honestly looking into moving to australia if obama wins......

That_Guy
02-19-2008, 02:42 PM
Get used to it, one of them ARE going to win. So instead of voting for who I want in office, im gonna vote against who i want to keep out of office.

QFT

Silver350
02-19-2008, 03:17 PM
I have no clue who to vote for this year.

Breecher_7
02-19-2008, 03:23 PM
I have no clue who to vote for this year.

Vote for ANYONE but obama.........

Silver350
02-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Now to me Obama looks like a black Ross perot (SP)

PonyKiller87
02-19-2008, 03:40 PM
write in "juicedimpss"
:D

Nah, Vote for Ted Nuget

WickedSix
02-19-2008, 03:56 PM
I WOULD have voted for romney but his suspended campaign makes it unlikely he'd have a prayer...... sadly I cast my vote for Clinton because she is the lesser of two evils imho...... tho I honestly believe the country will not stand for a black muslim for a president and if he gets elected I doubt his term in office will be long..... what freightens me the most is the zeal with which some people are voting for him without having a sound basis to do so....... :(

Knyghtmare
02-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Check out that dude behind McCain with the "Favre" sign hahaha...

Then look at the girl next to that guy... WOW. :wooo

OxmanWI
02-19-2008, 04:08 PM
Voted @ 7:36 AM! Count it!

Firefighter Z
02-19-2008, 04:17 PM
I don't vote, they are all crooks. If I voted for someone I still get screwed, so theres no diffrence there.

What I dont understand is that if you don't support the war but you support the troops isn't that still supporting the war?

Breecher_7
02-19-2008, 04:21 PM
I think we should just put Huckabee in office and let him put that "kill the IRS" plan of his into effect.

I just got done with my taxes, im getting less then a grand back.

A friend of mine is getting almost 5K back, makes shit for income, just because he has a kid and is married.

I guess in on this topic again, Im ******* sick of paying for other people to get free money!!!!!!

Get back WHAT you put in, NOT MORE!!!!!!!

oneslowcamino
02-19-2008, 04:45 PM
I voted. I really don't care who wins as long as its not mccain.

Windsors 03 Cobra
02-19-2008, 04:48 PM
I am not sure but last year I got 5 grand back, and we paid in 3 times that, married with a kid. MAKE SHIT FOR INCOME. :D

I have an ironworker friend who's working for bechtel at the Oak Creek power plant, he made $98k last year.
I bet he paid more in taxes than I made. :(

nismodave
02-19-2008, 04:48 PM
I say Hillary. **** it. I dot give a shit anymore.

That_Guy
02-19-2008, 05:13 PM
I think we should just put Huckabee in office and let him put that "kill the IRS" plan of his into effect.

I just got done with my taxes, im getting less then a grand back.

A friend of mine is getting almost 5K back, makes shit for income, just because he has a kid and is married.

I guess in on this topic again, Im ******* sick of paying for other people to get free money!!!!!!

Get back WHAT you put in, NOT MORE!!!!!!!

i voted for him not doubts.

Breecher_7
02-19-2008, 05:14 PM
i voted for him not doubts.

I wouldnt vote for him on the sheer basis that he is a f'n moron, but I do like that part of his "plan"

Karps TA
02-19-2008, 05:23 PM
I do laugh at alot of these comments. As if a Presidential canidate has ever done what he said to get elected.

If we survived Jimmy Carter we can survive pretty much anyone.

Regardless of who wins, this current administration has put them in such a hole it's not going to matter. There is so much national debt that the next person is going to have to raise taxes and look like a bad guy. There's a war going on that most people don't want. And the price of fuel is about to go nuts which will grind this economy even more to a halt. And the Pres whomever it is will get all the blame.

That_Guy
02-19-2008, 05:24 PM
I wouldnt vote for him on the sheer basis that he is a f'n moron, but I do like that part of his "plan"

i pearly voted for him out of fear. fear that chuck norris would show up and kick my ass..

lol

link to video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDUQW8LUMs8

Prince Valiant
02-19-2008, 05:27 PM
There is so much national debt that the next person is going to have to raise taxes and look like a bad guy. Not true. Simply hold the line on spending (THAT'S the tough part) and the economy will grow out of the deficeit. Continue to hold and you can begin to pay-off said debt...not that other nations, private parties, corporations will really look to be paid in the next day even if you wanted though. They'll look for the money when they want it...

...if a canidate feels they have to raise taxes, then said canidate is a moron.

Karps TA
02-19-2008, 05:31 PM
That's a nice theory PV, but we don't live in the land of Unicorns and marshmellow rainbows. Our govt doesn't know how to quite spending on those things.

Read my lips no new taxes, we'll just increase the current ones mmmkay....

Rocket Power
02-19-2008, 05:33 PM
I'll be voting for Hillary within the hour. I've voted in nearly every election since 94 and this is my worst bunch of choices yet.

Isn't it ironic that if Hillary wins it'll be because of conservatives/republicans:rolf

Prince Valiant
02-19-2008, 05:35 PM
That's a nice theory PV, but we don't live in the land of Unicorns and marshmellow rainbows. Our govt doesn't know how to quite spending on those things.

Read my lips no new taxes, we'll just increase the current ones mmmkay....At least mcCain has pledged to "cut" spending...so even if a compromise is reached and they simply "hold" spending (even if spending is tied to inflation), that'd be a victory of huge proportions in my book. Sadly though, to a bueracrat, a "cut" is simply not spending as much as they wanted, even if the budget calls for more than the amount spent the year before INCLUDING inflation. They done't none learned da language right!

The problem with Huck's plan is that NO ONE would go for it...yeah, suddely the bottom 50% of the population would have to pay MORE in taxes? You'll never get the majority (IE, the bottom % of income earners) to agree to a tax raise...sure, the wealthy would love it, but then, there aren't enough to go for it.

One thing I do think it would help would be to keep the financially irresponsible from spending too much money...they'd have to check their habits a bit more.

u_say_go
02-19-2008, 05:36 PM
Clinton got my vote today...:stare

88Nightmare
02-19-2008, 05:38 PM
im thinkin mccain.

OxmanWI
02-19-2008, 05:40 PM
What I dont understand is that if you don't support the war but you support the troops isn't that still supporting the war?

What don't you understand? Show your support for the person. Maybe they don't believe in the war ether. What if they don't want to be there? Support them, support the person not the war.

Karps TA
02-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Well I gotta say I am shocked at the people voting for Hillary. That's just beyond surprising to me. But I'm shocked she's gotten as far as she has. My evil meter must be tuned differently then other peoples.

Prince Valiant
02-19-2008, 05:49 PM
What don't you understand? Show your support for the person. Maybe they don't believe in the war ether. What if they don't want to be there? Support them, support the person not the war.
You can support them and the war regardless of their feelings. I have plenty of friends who've served in Iraq...some believe in it with all their heart, and some are adamantly opposed to it.

I respect those that oppose it (on rational grounds), though I disagree with them. It's their right.

Sometimes I might not respect some anti-war efforts or lie's, no matter whose telling them, just as I don't support specious reasoning in support of the war.

But there is no conflict in supporting either...although, it does seem specious to support just the troops, not the war. Hey, how can I believe you are party to a bloody illegal occupation to support evil oil companies who wanted this war for massive profits, thus was started by"oil guy" GWB to placate them, all in the guise of "fake WMD" that everyone KNEW weren't there to overrun a peaceful, well behaved regime...and then say "I support you"?

Doesn't make sense. I support their efforts whether they believe in it or not...and I can always say I'm proud of what they are doing whether THEY agree with it or not.

Prince Valiant
02-19-2008, 05:52 PM
Well I gotta say I am shocked at the people voting for Hillary. That's just beyond surprising to me. But I'm shocked she's gotten as far as she has. My evil meter must be tuned differently then other peoples.
I voted Hillary too.

Hey, it's the primaries, not the general election. I'd rather run against her and more likely win, and she'd be easier to live with in a loss.

Russ Jerome
02-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Yah get out there and waste some of that 2.99 a gallon fuel!
Risk slipping on our well maintaned streets and sidwalks!

Vote for that double talking candidate who has no power
at all over the senate! Get out there its beutiful outside!

torque.hit
02-19-2008, 05:58 PM

I'm with you on this.

So is Obama a black muslim parading as a half white christian?

Prince Valiant
02-19-2008, 06:02 PM
So is Obama a black muslim parading as a half white christian?No...but that's the fear of some.

And let's not forget...the reason Obama won the south wasn't just because of their large black populations, but because southern white males voted for him (albeit, over hillary...so it doesn't share a whole lot).

GRAMPS SS
02-19-2008, 06:22 PM
i just got back from voting....people may not like who i voted for...but who gives a shit.....and i got back way over 6k in my return this year....some people may not like that..i don't give a shit....i'm married and have a kid....i work my ass off. and so does my wife...so what we get back we get back....and who we vote for we vote for.....

SO WHO REALLY GIVES A SHIT................someone is going to win...someone is going to loose...some get money back..some don't get enough....that's what makes the world go round.....

WilliamZ
02-19-2008, 06:24 PM
Vote for ANYONE but obama.........

:loser:loser

Breecher_7
02-19-2008, 06:45 PM
:loser:loser

:rolf :alcoholic

WilliamZ
02-19-2008, 06:48 PM
It seems that most people that say they don't like Obama voted for Bush and look where that got us. :rolf

Prince Valiant
02-19-2008, 06:50 PM
It seems that most people that say they don't like Obama voted for Bush and look where that got us. :rolfCare to elaborate where either Gore or Kerry would have gotten us?

Unfortunately, presidents tend to be defined by the times, rather than the other way around

Breecher_7
02-19-2008, 06:52 PM
It seems that most people that say they don't like Obama voted for Bush and look where that got us. :rolf

I didnt vote for Bush, Bush is a ****** asshat.

Obama is a scarred little girl, were in a world of shit if he gets elected.

Alteast if clinton wins we have bill in the backseat, I think he was a good president.

Prince Valiant
02-19-2008, 06:59 PM
Alteast if clinton wins we have bill in the backseat, I think he was a good president.Clinton was an inconsequintial president. What did he do?

Economy? Debateable what role he actually played in improving it...many sound economist would say it thrived through no action of his personal doing. And that much of the "boom" turned out to be an unsustainable "bust" of overhyping the tech sector.

Terror? We suffered more than a few attacks, some without any response. We used kid gloves at a time where we would of had a far easier time of chopping the head off the snake (ie osama). AND each subsequent lackidasical response only further emboldend those who'd attack us.

We let Iraq more or less have it's way, kicking out UN inspectors without much of a response...other than killing a janitor with a WHOLE mess of bombs.

Isreal and the PLO only laid the groundwork with failed negotiations that led them to where they are now...

the chi-coms got sensitive military and missle secrets HANDED to them by the clinton administration.

...and much much more.

Clinton, I'd call the "accidental" president. He did a couple things right...but not much else.

Breecher_7
02-19-2008, 07:05 PM
Personal life aside.

He was a good face man, He was a good speaker, he related with the public very well and he was generally funny.

Not a ill prepared stuttering baboon like the ass that currently occupies the white house.

The president is in most cases nothing more then a puppet.

Karps TA
02-19-2008, 07:21 PM
PV I completely agree with you on Clinton. The economy thrived on the internet boom, which was later found out to be a hoax in most cases. Not too mention the Enron, Tyco, Worldcom crap happened under his watch. Sure it's debatable how much he could have done about that, but I'm willing to bet he had more then a few campaign contributions from those companies. Don't forget all his illegal business dealing.

I've voted Republican all my voting life, but these last 8 years have been embarassing. The amount of money this jackleg has spent on other countries is ridiculous as our falls apart. Republicans are supposed to be fiscally responsible, he's the biggest spender I've seen. And then to listen to him tell everyone how strong the economy is for the last couple years, until the crap really hit the fan and then cry to congress that they need to do something really cemented my feelings. The only saving grace is the other 2 morons probably would have been just as useless.

SSDude
02-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Personal life aside.

He was a good face man

Thats what Monica said too.:rolf

pOrk
02-19-2008, 07:52 PM
For those of you voting for Billary just because you don't want Obama to win, shame on you. Billary is a lieing ***** that changes her story every time she is questioned. Not to mention a tree hugger who wants to provide national health care, LOL why don't we all claim to be french and call ourselves Canada?

Obama doesn't have enough experience or the balls to be President. I think Mccain has the best chance at winning, if thats the case might as well Keep Bush in office cause they are the same person.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
02-19-2008, 07:58 PM
This thread is a reason why I don't discuss politics

SSDude
02-19-2008, 08:00 PM
For those of you voting for Billary just because you don't want Obama to win, shame on you. Billary is a lieing ***** that changes her story every time she is questioned. Not to mention a tree hugger who wants to provide national health care, LOL why don't we all claim to be french and call ourselves Canada?

Obama doesn't have enough experience or the balls to be President. I think Mccain has the best chance at winning, if thats the case might as well Keep Bush in office cause they are the same person.

Who do you think is the most likely person McCain could beat, as well as the least dangerous democrat? That is why a lot of conservatives crossed over to vote for Da Beotch today.

Here health care ideas will have to make it through the House and Senate for her to even get an opportunity to sign it.

pOrk
02-19-2008, 08:00 PM
I honestly don't know ^ A black guy, or a woman. I'm not racist or sexist, but lets face it a HUGE portion of Americans are either one or the other, or both. If I were to guess, I would guess Hillary.

Either way, she will be the vice of Obama wins and I think Obama is the lesser of the two evils. Then again, he has all these big ideas with no game plans. Obama is just filling the sky with air.

Deggy
02-19-2008, 08:03 PM

x2

I keep my political views to myself. I will vote for who I feel deserves my vote.

One of my personal thoughts is that if Obama is elected President, he will be the next president to be assasinated. This country is filled with to many racists. Even if he is half white.

SSDude
02-19-2008, 08:03 PM

Go take a powder

pOrk
02-19-2008, 08:04 PM
Obama is whiter then me

SSDude
02-19-2008, 08:07 PM
I honestly don't know ^ A black guy, or a woman. I'm not racist or sexist, but lets face it a HUGE portion of Americans are either one or the other, or both. If I were to guess, I would guess Hillary.

Either way, she will be the vice of Obama wins and I think Obama is the lesser of the two evils. Then again, he has all these big ideas with no game plans. Obama is just filling the sky with air.

Its all about strategy at this point in the primary race. While the Conservatives couldn't find a candidate worth a shmit this year they have to hope for a match up that can create a possible win.

pOrk
02-19-2008, 08:12 PM
^ I suppose, I didn't look at it that way.

Any ideas why Romney dropped out? I'm going to guess he thinks Billary or Obama will win and is concentrating his efforts for the 2012 elections. 4 years of either of those nuts and the country will be dieing for another change.

Prince Valiant
02-19-2008, 08:28 PM
Any ideas why Romney dropped out?Because with more than half the delegates awarded, he was over 500 votes behind McCain. It was a losing cause...and rather than create acrimony by staying in to the bitter end, just pulled it.

If Dems win, he'll run in '12. If McCain wins, he'll run in either 12 or 16...he's a young guy, so it wouldn't hurt him to wait.

If Obama loses the general election, he'll probably not try to run again. Loses the primary, he probably will run again in 12 if hillary is vulnerable, definitely in 16 otherwise.

Rocket Power
02-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Obama is a bag of hot air.:rolf
I still feel dirty voting for hillary, I need a drink:alcoholic

05caddyext
02-19-2008, 08:37 PM
Obama's "Yes We Can" entrance music is like a cult phrase. It sounds like a bunch of zombies saying Yes We Can, Yes We Can. Ahhh we are being brainwashed.

BTW Romney dropped out because he seemed to "fake." Most of the people that said they didn't like him said he seemed to fake and manufactured. He wasn't a real guy. And his religion (mormon) really hurt him. He will be back. I believe McCain will ask him to be his VP, that would be an excellent ticket. McCain has the experience, Romney has the brains.

Karps TA
02-19-2008, 08:39 PM
McCain has the experience, Romney has the brains.

Yes cause having the VP with the brains has worked out so well for us the last 2 terms. :rolf

I miss Dan Quayle :rolf

WilliamZ
02-19-2008, 09:07 PM
Obama doesn't have enough experience or the balls to be President.

This goes to show you know nothing about him.

pOrk
02-19-2008, 09:10 PM
^ Oh yea, he is for the poor people and is going to make things right in America.

WilliamZ
02-19-2008, 09:14 PM
This goes to show you know nothing about his backround.

That_Guy
02-19-2008, 09:19 PM
This goes to show you know nothing about him.

what has he done for this country.. really what has he done for his state. NOTHING! he just sat back and voted with the party and its special intrest. really did he attempt to write any bills? nnoooo. he got voted in and collected a check. end of story.. that no better then Hillary saying she has experience.. HAHAHAHAH. i did the white house tour and took a shit in the white house but that doesnt give me the experience to be president. she is such a carpet bagger its unreal.. im going to move to new york because i know ill win there.

i cant believe that the dems put there money on these 2. its freaking unreal

Windsors 03 Cobra
02-19-2008, 11:15 PM
What have any of em done ??

If we get more of what we have had is that what we want ?
Damned if we do and damned if we don't, color me not caring about a whole lot of these lifelong crook politicians.

My world ending if Barrack gets elected ? Moving away ? Not a chance here, one day GWB will be prez and the next day some other person will be , my life will continue forward unchanged.

lordairgtar
02-20-2008, 08:36 PM
If Obama wins the presidency, there will be no car companies. He wants to take away their profits and give it to dumb ass no job havin' low life trash what can't make it on their own.

lordairgtar
02-20-2008, 08:42 PM
Personal life aside.

He was a good face man, He was a good speaker, he related with the public very well and he was generally funny.

Not a ill prepared stuttering baboon like the ass that currently occupies the white house.

The president is in most cases nothing more then a puppet.
I'd rather have a strong baboon, than a weak funny boy.

SSDude
02-20-2008, 08:59 PM
^ Oh yea, he is for the poor people and is going to make things right in America.

Yah as Oprah sits next to OsamaObama as he lectures how CEO's make more money in 10 minutes than some people make all year. Why would he insult his friend Oprah the CEO of Harpo productions who made 80 Million last year.

Hippocrate:fire