PDA

View Full Version : xbox360 dead

Cleveland Dave
02-19-2008, 10:34 AM
watching a movie and it locked up on reboot got the 3 red lights :fire

tried the towel trick...xbox worked for about 10 minutes then got 3 red lights again after locking up 3 times.

now i have to wait for microcrap to send me a box so i can send it in and wait some more...:rolleyes:

CobaltSSTuner
02-19-2008, 10:47 AM
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o108/Cobalt_SSTuner/red-ring-of-death.jpg

That_Guy
02-19-2008, 10:47 AM
im soooo sorry for your lose.. ps3 ftw

CobaltSSTuner
02-19-2008, 10:48 AM
i'm sorry about the photo, but microsoft f'd up big time with that. you should think about a ps3 :)

Cleveland Dave
02-19-2008, 10:50 AM
ive thought about it...i just have more friends with xbox's and more games that i like on xbox so i have to stick with it. im just glad its covered under warranty mine was a launch console so im surprised it has lasted this long.

Crawlin
02-19-2008, 10:51 AM
i would think ps3 if I didn't want to play with so many of my friends.

look at the private matches in COD4 we had last night. full room and a ton of fun

if i wanted blu-ray i'd buy a specific blu-ray dvd player

michelle
02-19-2008, 10:56 AM
What's the deal with the "three lights" thing? I've heard people talk about it, but not sure what it really means. Would it apply to new systems purchased within the past month? Or is everything fixed?

Moparjim
02-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Newer units are better, supposedly fixed with newer generation chips and better heat sinks.

moels
02-19-2008, 11:41 AM
How can you tell if you have a new unit? We got one for Christmas and it's fine so far.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
02-19-2008, 12:13 PM
i would think ps3 if I didn't want to play with so many of my friends.

look at the private matches in COD4 we had last night. full room and a ton of fun

if i wanted blu-ray i'd buy a specific blu-ray dvd player

Hahaha, NOOB TUBE FTW!!!!!!!!!!

wikked
02-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Here is your fix.

http://files.playstatic.com/playstation-3-hardware/playstation-3.jpg

I think I'm done trying to remain neutral on the issue, the 360 is a failtastic piece of hardware, and should never have been released in such a rush.
Micro$oft fukked up plain and simple, "zomg gotta beat the rush so everyone will have ours first, and then everyone's friends will have to get it to play online with them".

I think the #1 reason most people have the 360 is "because my friend has one" - that is pretty sad, and was Micro$oft's whole game plan from the beginning.

- The game library isn't really a factor anymore (are you still playing those very first games that came out? (besides GoW)).
- Price has been discussed, it's not any cheaper if you want to play online (99.9%)
- ??
- Profit!

They sold you beta hardware, and are making you pay for the fixed finished version, plus plenty of downtime, lame.

Crawlin
02-19-2008, 12:22 PM
yep. and that sales platform worked great for them.

and to be honest, i just don't see how the PS3 is "better". if all everyone's arguments(since that's all I do see) is that the 360's break, i just don't care. I don't buy things because it "comes with xxxxx" that is "tomorrow's technology".

Cleveland Dave
02-19-2008, 12:36 PM
What's the deal with the "three lights" thing? I've heard people talk about it, but not sure what it really means. Would it apply to new systems purchased within the past month? Or is everything fixed?

the 3 red lights means it has a hardware failure of some sort. microsoft has extended the warranty to 3 years if u have this problem...its just the downtime that sucks. (estimated 4 weeks)

and yes the newer xboxs are supposedly fixed.

CobaltSSTuner
02-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Here is your fix.

http://files.playstatic.com/playstation-3-hardware/playstation-3.jpg

I think I'm done trying to remain neutral on the issue, the 360 is a failtastic piece of hardware, and should never have been released in such a rush.
Micro$oft fukked up plain and simple, "zomg gotta beat the rush so everyone will have ours first, and then everyone's friends will have to get it to play online with them".

I think the #1 reason most people have the 360 is "because my friend has one" - that is pretty sad, and was Micro$oft's whole game plan from the beginning.

- The game library isn't really a factor anymore (are you still playing those very first games that came out? (besides GoW)).
- Price has been discussed, it's not any cheaper if you want to play online (99.9%)
- ??
- Profit!

They sold you beta hardware, and are making you pay for the fixed finished version, plus plenty of downtime, lame.

couldnt agree more. btw, if you haven't heard, blu-ray has officially won the battle with hd-dvd

Knyghtmare
02-19-2008, 02:03 PM
PC Gaming FTW!

wikked
02-19-2008, 02:21 PM
I don't buy things because it "comes with xxxxx" that is "tomorrow's technology".

If that was true, we'd all still be playing Space Invaders, Asteroids, Pitfall, Yar's Revenge, River Raid, etc. :goof

DSMDuDE
02-19-2008, 03:16 PM
I bought a xbox 360 from a buddy of mine so i can play XBL one again!

got it cheap because it had the 3 Red light LED error.. took about a week for m$ to send me the shipping package, just sent it out yesterday and its on its way back to TX.

Im hoping that they cant repair it, and send me a new one, Since all new 360's have HDMI!

P.S. My Banned Modded 360 is still for sale if anyone is interested ;)

pw_cc_runner
02-19-2008, 03:38 PM
I don't mean to rain on your parade but you wont get a new one, you'll get a refurbished one. The one I got back was a piece of crap and all scratched up so then I went and bought the HDMI premium. Odds are that yours will be fine, I'm just picky.

Yooformula
02-19-2008, 11:13 PM
mine had the 3ofd for a bit and I just laid it down on its side and made sure it had plenty of air circulating around it and no more issues for a few months now.

theavenger333
02-20-2008, 12:13 PM
its stupid that any of you are bitching and moaning about a product having issues. especially comparing it to a PS3. everyone remember the PS2 and its amazing ability to play DVDs straight out the box, unlike Xbox?? yeah, and the lasers took a dump on them within months if it happens. the PS3 isn't a popular enough platform to be judging its overall superiority in any way yet. Microsoft released the platform early, and it had troubles, big deal. warranty, and its all done. Technically, the 3 ring problem happens sooner then later, therefore, the STORE warranty covers it, you take it back, get a new one in box. don't put it up on its side, and it doesn't matter anyway. as for the PS3 being a "solution" to the 360 problems, if you mean less accessible online play, poorer quality online play, then yes. you are correct.

Beagle
02-20-2008, 12:23 PM
there will always be the dispute of xbox and playstation. i was playstation forever. until recently when i bought my 360 it changed my opinion of it. i play ps3 all the time at a friends house and they both have there ups and downs. but like chris said i wouldnt get a ps3 cause its "better." i wouldnt want to give up playing games with friends.

Nix
02-20-2008, 12:51 PM
if you mean less accessible online play, poorer quality online play, then yes. you are correct.

I had both systems and that could NOT be farther form the truth. Microsofts idea of a server for online games is nothing but shit, even with the old xbox I had and also played that online as well. Always waiting forever for it to load and start a game, sitting in the lobby listning to everyone ***** about how their servers are garbage.

In all my years of online gaming only a few times have I heard people bitching about Sonys online gaming setup. there are pros and cons to both systems, I just sold my 360 Elite cause in my opnion it just did not even come close to my ps3.

This is obviously from my personal experiences with both platforms.

Mudd Runner
02-20-2008, 01:57 PM
my opinion both systems have there pros/cons ive played both currently only having the 360 and ps3 hopefully soon. but ps servers sucked sometimes at least for ps2 and well xbox servers suck at times but i bought the 360 cuz some games where only out for that system and its what i wanted to play. this is also the reason i will be buying a ps3.

Cleveland Dave
02-23-2008, 03:19 AM
mine had the 3ofd for a bit and I just laid it down on its side and made sure it had plenty of air circulating around it and no more issues for a few months now.

well i laid it on its side and fired up call of duty...seemed to be working for quite a while...and today i got the box to send it back so im not sure what to do.

Moparjim
02-23-2008, 02:08 PM
I agree both have their upside and downside, as does the Wii. IMO, the best of the 3 if you are over 12 years old and are primarily into it for gaming, the best system is still the 360. It has a far better and more extensive library of games, and Xbox live is awesome. If you want it as a multipurpose machine and are into the Blu Ray movie thing, then the PS3 is the way to go. If your under 12 or have small children, the Wii has a lot of great games targeted for a younger audience, plus the neat controllers. Over 12 I see the controllers' novelty wearing out pretty quick, and you are left with a system with subpar graphics and hardly any of the more adult type games and shooters and such. Sure the original launch era Xbox 360s had problems, but I give Microsoft props for extending the warranty for 3 years and taking care of it. I got mine fixed for free and have been very happy with it. My take on this is the same as cars - shit happens, there might be issues or defects that occur, as long as the manufacturer takes care of the problem I am ok with it. In the case of Microsoft, they cover everything ,send you a box, etc. you don't have to pay for or have any hassle really, other than the downtime which is I hear around a week or so lately.

wikked
02-23-2008, 03:42 PM
In the case of Microsoft, they cover everything ,send you a box, etc. you don't have to pay for or have any hassle really, other than the downtime which is I hear around a week or so lately.

I dunno about everything...
I read so many stories of people with DLC (arcade games/movies/etc.) that got the shaft after their 360 got fixed. Meaning, they weren't allowed to re-download that content, and M$ refused to credit them for their past purchases, or gave them the run-around for weeks/months until they just stopped trying. :gay

DSMDuDE
02-25-2008, 12:51 PM
Well i just saw they posted a tracking number for my 360!

Talk about fast turn around.. they got it Friday. and its now on its way home to me!!

So soon enuf ill be able to join everyone again.. and esp COD4!

Cleveland Dave
02-25-2008, 05:05 PM
^^^ cool! i have to pack mine up should be sending it out tmw.

95_Gt
02-25-2008, 06:19 PM
i got the three lights last week as well.I only had my for about 5months , and now i have to send it in. i should of did more research,i thought the elite had the fix,i guess not.

Karps TA
02-25-2008, 06:33 PM
I keep getting disc read errors, which are annoying. I'm thinking of backing up my saved data onto a flash stick and then just taking the thing to Circuit City and see if they'll swap it out. I bought the extended warranty because they said if there were any problems they'd just give me a new one instead of having to send it to MS. We'll see how that works out.

BadAzzGTA89
02-25-2008, 06:54 PM
PS3 FTW posting this off it right now!!
Never had a problem with it at all i got the 80gig lots of storage more games will come look at the PS1 and PS2 so many games out there oh and it comes with the HDMI i am sure there is other pro's someone can point out!!!

STANMAN
02-25-2008, 07:14 PM
Never had a problem with it at all i got the 80gig lots of storage more games will come look at the PS1 and PS2 so many games out there oh and it comes with the HDMI i am sure there is other pro's someone can point out!!!

Have fun playing with all the other........oh, my bad, no one else owns said system.

So, I guess it's have fun playing with yourself:thumbsup:rolf

I was a PS fan until this system came out, it just seems like everyone plays on XboxLive, and the PS3 was SOOO pricey when it came out, and the Blu-Ray vs. HD/DVD thing was still playing itself out. Now that the prices are coming down, and Blu-Ray has been victorious, there should be more.

Karps TA
02-25-2008, 07:18 PM
I'm still waiting for the PS3 to get some games I care about. Maybe the next Gran Turismo. But so far there's not been a system seller yet for me. I could care less about the Blu Ray player.

Beagle
02-26-2008, 06:03 PM
yea most of there good games are coming out for 360 as well. ill tell you one thing ps3 has got nothing on the game Crackdown for 360. i have no idea why the game is so fun but it is.

Myles
02-26-2008, 06:21 PM

*checks the back of his xbox* HDMI came with mine?

Crawlin
02-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Mine Too?

Nix
02-26-2008, 06:31 PM
badazzgta89 and wikked, if you guys want send me a friend invite on your
on your ps3's. I have it and play cod4 along with other games on mine.

my name is Nix2kta same as here

Crawlin
02-26-2008, 06:34 PM
one thing i would be pissed about, is that the area it's going to in TX is JUST a warehouse. That company then drives them over the border to mexico and they get fixed, driven back over, then shipped back to you from texas.

my buddy found this out after it took a week in the tracking to get from houston to the actual warehouse and he tracked down the number there. talked to the lady who said it's just a storage place. hahahah

Beagle
02-26-2008, 10:51 PM
thats gay as hell. i dont care where it goes as long as its not gone for a month.

Cleveland Dave
02-27-2008, 04:39 PM
^^^ i agree...mine was shipped out today...so will see how long it takes.

DSMDuDE
02-27-2008, 04:42 PM
Shows mine via fedex tracking number is due back home friday!

Beagle
02-27-2008, 06:25 PM
hopefully i get the box to send it out tomorrow. i hope it comes back soon im bored as hell with out my call of duty fix.

Cleveland Dave
03-05-2008, 10:38 AM
well according to my tracking nbr should be getting my xbox back tmw!

Beagle
03-05-2008, 10:42 AM
i sent mine out on monday through ups. they had a bunch of 360 that just got back. my tracking number still says the same stuff so im guessing its going from illinois where it got scanned all the way to Texas. Did you guys check the repair status on the xbox site? it says i have no registered xbox but i know i registered it. So I guess it will show up on the site once they recieve it?

Cleveland Dave
03-05-2008, 10:46 AM
not sure mine was registered on the site...so i just kept checking the status there and they gave me the fedex tracking nbr when they sent it out.

Cleveland Dave
03-07-2008, 11:59 AM
well got it back and its working great!

DSMDuDE
03-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Wooo Hoooo

Now start gaming, Gonna join Clan BCM for COD4?

Cleveland Dave
04-04-2008, 09:22 AM
well that didnt last long...back to 3 red lights again.....******* pos

wikked
04-04-2008, 10:16 AM

wow :stare

GTSLOW
04-04-2008, 10:20 AM

:wtf

lilws6
04-04-2008, 11:08 AM
my buddy had the same problem call and ***** they will send you a new one with all new stuff and you still get your HD

Cleveland Dave
04-05-2008, 09:23 AM
my buddy had the same problem call and ***** they will send you a new one with all new stuff and you still get your HD

hmmm maybe ill do that i already filed a repair order online. i just want the thing back before GTA IV comes out.

i dont even play it that much...this is pathetic :fire

95_Gt
04-05-2008, 09:39 AM

WOW that is **** up. I sent mine out march 7th and im finally getting it back monday april 7th. I hate their customer service,i hate talking to all those foreign ****s. I hope this dont happen to me.