PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee Auto Show

Flicktitty
02-18-2008, 02:54 PM
Anyone planning on going? It starts this weekend and goes till march 2nd? i believe. I went to the chicago auto show this past saturday and i don't know if i should even bother going to the milwaukee one. i haven't been to the milwaukee one in years is it WORTH going to after going to the chicago show?

Better yet anyone have free tickets to the auto show?

nismodave
02-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Why would you go to the Milwaukee one after going to Chi show???

Only way I will go to Milw one this yr is if the GTR is there. And I doubt it will be.

juicedimpss
02-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Anyone planning on going? It starts this weekend and goes till march 2nd? i believe. I went to the chicago auto show this past saturday and i don't know if i should even bother going to the milwaukee one. i haven't been to the milwaukee one in years is it WORTH going to after going to the chicago show?

Better yet anyone have free tickets to the auto show?

ill be there both sundays.
im checking into some tix.

slickwilly
02-18-2008, 03:00 PM
My mom got admittance to the "employee day" or whatever it's called so I'll most likely be going to that.

Windsors 03 Cobra
02-18-2008, 03:05 PM
Wow and no it is not worth your time.

Flicktitty
02-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Why would you go to the Milwaukee one after going to Chi show???

Only way I will go to Milw one this yr is if the GTR is there. And I doubt it will be.

Middle of winter and looking for something to do?

Heat Seeker WS6
02-18-2008, 03:58 PM
Save your $$ Flick, Milw's got nothing on the Chicago show. I wouldnt expect to see the GTR there.

Karps TA
02-18-2008, 04:00 PM
I hear the Milwaukee show is getting the new Malibu this year. Supposedly it won Motortrend Car of the Year. Should really make it a must see event. I hope they let us sit in it.

hrsp
02-18-2008, 04:09 PM
how much are tickets?

Prince Valiant
02-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Meh...the milwaukee car show is something to take the kids to go see. I wouldn't want to bring them to an event like chicago in which you park a couple miles away, wait in long lines to see anything, have to spend a 3-4 hours in traffic there and back...kids suffer doing all that. I don't mind for myself, but I'd hate to have to corral even kids as old as 10 for that.

Milwaukee's though, generally easy to get around, has enough to impress the non-car guys and kids, and you can spend an hour or two and still see pretty much all there is to see. Get the kids to lunch and a movie and they'll think it was the greatest day ever.

Flicktitty
02-18-2008, 04:13 PM
9 bucks

Heat Seeker WS6
02-18-2008, 04:35 PM
Meh...the milwaukee car show is something to take the kids to go see. I wouldn't want to bring them to an event like chicago in which you park a couple miles away, wait in long lines to see anything, have to spend a 3-4 hours in traffic there and back...kids suffer doing all that. I don't mind for myself, but I'd hate to have to corral even kids as old as 10 for that.

Milwaukee's though, generally easy to get around, has enough to impress the non-car guys and kids, and you can spend an hour or two and still see pretty much all there is to see. Get the kids to lunch and a movie and they'll think it was the greatest day ever.

To the contrary its not that bad at all- unless you go in rush hour/evening traffic, its an hour drive each way and the walk through the lot or parking structure is no different than Milw. Turtle, myself and a few others very comfortably saw pretty much everything in about 3.5 hours (take into account its many times the size of Milw show) last Sunday afternoon. And looking at the pics some of us took, you'll there were no huge lines for anything- and what few lines there were, they moved very quickly. Even the ZR1, Bumblebee Camaro & GTR were easily accessible for pics. Def not a place for smaller kids- unless thier knocked out & in a stroller.

Karps TA
02-18-2008, 04:56 PM
I disagree driving to Chicago sucks. I went Friday and spent a combined near 6 hours in the car there and back. That was leaving here at 8:30 and getting to the show at a little after 11. Then we left at 1 and I got home around 5.

How anyone lives and works there is beyond me.

Heat Seeker WS6
02-18-2008, 05:13 PM
I disagree driving to Chicago sucks. I went Friday and spent a combined near 6 hours in the car there and back. That was leaving here at 8:30 and getting to the show at a little after 11. Then we left at 1 and I got home around 5.

How anyone lives and works there is beyond me.

Yeah, I agree with you on that- esp during the day...and on a Friday being the worst to down there, it sucks absolute hell and man you def got the worst of it. It all comes down to timing. I used to work in Glenview and from there went into the city several times a week for field work. Ive found the best non-work related drive/ fastest speeds on their freeways (err...luckiest:durr) 'window' is leaving Milw to arrive in the city BY 6am OR bewteen 10 & noon. If I cant leave downtown by 3pm (depending which way ya go) and dont want to 'sit' or run up side streets (def can be done:thumbsup), Im waiting until after 7. I was on payroll, so we had time to sit in traffic and/or take sides treets to make up for time vs sitting on the freeway. Maybe Im just too used to it & down there too often and need to a see a doc? :goof

Breecher_7
02-18-2008, 05:27 PM
We get in free, ill probably just go for that reason. Wont compete with chicago though.

And as far as my trip down there, took me 2 hours to get there and 2 hours to get home, I take back routes though. FVck 94

Flicktitty
02-18-2008, 05:56 PM
Took me about 2 1/2 hours to get home. Stopping to get food at IHOP. And i don't know how long it took to get there. Stopped at a mall and stopped for lunch.

LIZMO
02-18-2008, 10:31 PM
it took us 2 1/2 hrs to get home? damn. i didn't even realize that. hah. it took us like... 2 1/2 to get there too.. oh well it was fun, minus getting sick.

Flicktitty
02-18-2008, 11:14 PM
it took us 2 1/2 hrs to get home? damn. i didn't even realize that. hah. it took us like... 2 1/2 to get there too.. oh well it was fun, minus getting sick.

Hourish Chicago - Kenosha Hourish Kenosha - Your house? I think?

Z28Envy
02-19-2008, 12:23 AM
It doesn't look like the new challenger or the camaro will be there. That sucks, I wanted to see these but it doesn't list them anywhere on the website. Anyone know if they are going to be there?

OxmanWI
02-19-2008, 12:59 AM
9 bucks

$9 only I thought is was more then that.

Flicktitty
02-19-2008, 01:08 AM
Thats what this says. http://www.motortrendautoshows.com/milwaukee/

Deggy
02-19-2008, 01:08 AM
Even tho I didnt got to the Chicago one I heard it ownz compared to the Milwaukee.

OxmanWI
02-19-2008, 01:26 AM
Thats what this says. http://www.motortrendautoshows.com/milwaukee/

Thanks for the link!:)

Red97GTP
02-19-2008, 08:21 AM
I'm only going because I have to work at the Lincoln Mercury display. I'll be there Thursday, Feb. 28th.