PDA

View Full Version : FS Harmon Kardon car amp

lotsals1
02-17-2008, 08:51 AM
Fs Harmon Kardon CA240 this is the cleanest tightest amp I have ever had.
Harmon Kardons are all I'll use for running separates and are rare "other than porsche pull outs "but never have the wiring or special plug". This one is standard hook up
This one is 40x2 @4ohm and 50x2 at 2ohm. t is in perfect condition.
125$ firm

DMF_Racing
02-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Price is to high.. you can get a new HK amp for just a couple bucks more.. just a FYI

lotsals1
02-17-2008, 11:20 AM
FYI back --the new HK's are crap:rolleyes: All the new h/k are nothing more than JBL amps "harmon Kardon group owns jbl and infinity" witch are both crap
Older H/K's have far better Imaging and are WAAAAY cleaner .
They own Mark Levinson, Lexicon and Revel as well but You cant touch any of that stuff for min 10k ---hmmmm guess what ! the older h/ks are made with those components not the JBL and Infinity garbage:durr
Sorry man I dont own anything that isnt serious audiophile stuff
I have a H/K citation 2 that is very old and Its worth 1,500 been offered 800$
but the new H/K's you can buy for 200-300$ bux why because they are CRAP
now if you want a Ghetto music beater amp go buy the junk at american or best buy:D--the only seriously good amp made now is the McIntosh car tube amps.
Sorry I hate uninformed comments

DMF_Racing
02-21-2008, 08:33 AM
I wouldn't go so far to call HK's current equipment that crappy, they build a quality product, its just i don't use there amps in the systems i build, all i was getting at is there a market out there with huge potential (I'm gonna start getting more involved with installs when i get back from a racing In North Carolina in two weeks)
But if you want a quick sell you need to lower that price.. just my 2 cents

lotsals1
02-21-2008, 09:35 AM
I wouldn't go so far to call HK's current equipment that crappy, they build a quality product, its just i don't use there amps in the systems i build, all i was getting at is there a market out there with huge potential (I'm gonna start getting more involved with installs when i get back from a racing In North Carolina in two weeks)
But if you want a quick sell you need to lower that price.. just my 2 cents
Well I bought one 2 years ago and it was no where near the same quality-I found out through a rep that the ones sold now to the public are no more than the jbl amps. But the ones made for porshe /benz ect are made from the Mark livingston factory and use all the high grade caps coils ect.But they made them so you cant use them in another car unless you do a tone of modifying for the hook ups and now they even are married to the cars head unit by serial number.Kinda sux because alot of the pull out units go cheap on the net.