Heat Seeker WS6
02-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Teresa Earnhardt... How does that feel BIOTCH! :banana

Enough said.

QFTMFT!! :banana

Was cool seeing Kenny Wallace make it :headbang

pw_cc_runner
02-14-2008, 02:23 PM
I think this years 500 will be the best since 1998 for sure.

97z2801ss
02-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Jr does it again 2 for 2:)

HY35F2T
02-14-2008, 02:33 PM
WTF are you guys talking about?nascar?

SSDude
02-14-2008, 03:34 PM
WTF are you guys talking about?nascar?:goof

pickardracing
02-14-2008, 04:37 PM
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9755/nascarsucksrc5.gif

Yooformula
02-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Mickey can you not shit on every thread please? so for the Nascar haters......is driving in a straight line for a 1/4 mile more exciting? 3 gears, 1 pedal no turns.....wow much more exciting than 30+ cars wot at 170mph+ an inch apart jockeying for a position.........jeez, and people say baseball is exciting to watch I bet too..

HY35F2T
02-14-2008, 09:43 PM
Mickey can you not shit on every thread please? so for the Nascar haters......is driving in a straight line for a 1/4 mile more exciting? 3 gears, 1 pedal no turns.....wow much more exciting than 30+ cars wot at 170mph+ an inch apart jockeying for a position.........jeez, and people say baseball is exciting to watch I bet too..

cars that do 170mph in a mile or cars that do 220+in a 1/4?:rolf:rolf:rolfjk boss dont ban me.

pickardracing
02-14-2008, 09:50 PM

Sorry that I have an opinion. My bad.

Heat Seeker WS6
02-15-2008, 01:41 AM
Ive never been much of a nascar fan, and even now Im not going to say Im hardcore nascar or anything- but you've got to appreciate the skill level these guys perform at. Not only being able to handle just the sustained speed, technical aspects of drafting suspension setup, aerodynamics and more, but also the cornering G-forces WHILE keeping total mental focus.
Its a bigger challenge then you'd think. Wanna test that theory? lol- Ill run anyone down at CIR and you'll see exactly what Im talking about. Why CIR & not 'real' cars? easy- 1. to even up the field in equally prepped cars and make the driver the variable for being able to go fast- not the vehicle. 2 The people who are closed minded prob dont have any track ready cars in thier garages. After a few races even in those you'll appreciate different forms of motorsports & skills from a different perspective after 'schooling'. Trying to run consistent laps staying within 10ths muchless 100ths of a second is muuuch easier said than done, regardless of racing discipline- this would be my 3rd point to prove even at lowly CIR.

Waver
02-15-2008, 08:05 AM
Ive never been much of a nascar fan, and even now Im not going to say Im hardcore nascar or anything- but you've got to appreciate the skill level these guys perform at. Not only being able to handle just the sustained speed, technical aspects of drafting suspension setup, aerodynamics and more, but also the cornering G-forces WHILE keeping total mental focus.
Its a bigger challenge then you'd think. Wanna test that theory? lol- Ill run anyone down at CIR and you'll see exactly what Im talking about. Why CIR & not 'real' cars? easy- 1. to even up the field in equally prepped cars and make the driver the variable for being able to go fast- not the vehicle. 2 The people who are closed minded prob dont have any track ready cars in thier garages. After a few races even in those you'll appreciate different forms of motorsports & skills from a different perspective after 'schooling'. Trying to run consistent laps staying within 10ths muchless 100ths of a second is muuuch easier said than done, regardless of racing discipline- this would be my 3rd point to prove even at lowly CIR.
It is posts like this that I am glad to say that I have a lot of respect for you John. Besides havng to know things like setup, have the mental focus, ect, you must also be very physically fit to be able to handle those speeds and the extreme heat that those cars have. Sure they have things like "cool" suits, however they dont work 100% of the time and the benifit of them only brings the temps that the body feels to the low 100 degrees...not a sport? To me it is more of a sport than some of the more recognized sports out there.

flyin_blue_egg
02-15-2008, 11:43 AM

not to mention, starting last weekend they get to do it every fri-sun until the middle of nov. with i think like 2 off weekends in which most teams go do testing.......i know they guys are probably some of the best paid athlets in the world (36 races, winning $20,000+ to finish last, not to mention sponsors) but thats still gotta get to you after a while