PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else sick?

Flicktitty
02-14-2008, 12:12 AM
and no not of the weather :goof

I Have been sick since Last Monday (Feb. 3rd) I don't know what the hell is wrong with me. I have had everything from a Runny nose to a plugged nose. To a sore throat to achey body hell even my ears hurt and eyes and i can't eat or drink anything without it feeling like i'm choking. It's like i have had every type of the flu rolled into one. And the weird thing is. On Saturday night-Sunday of this week i felt fine. Sure as shit Sunday night coughing and having a hard time breathing and been like that ever since. I'm going to the doctor on monday if i don't get better by then.

Anyone know what it could be? Or has anyone had it?

:flipoff2:

Cutlass Queen
02-14-2008, 12:16 AM

I Have been sick since Last Monday (Feb. 3rd) I don't know what the hell is wrong with me. I have had everything from a Runny nose to a plugged nose. To a sore throat to achey body hell even my ears hurt and eyes and i can't eat or drink anything without it feeling like i'm choking. It's like i have had every type of the flu rolled into one. And the weird thing is. On Saturday night-Sunday of this week i felt fine. Sure as shit Sunday night coughing and having a hard time breathing and been like that ever since. I'm going to the doctor on monday if i don't get better by then.

I got a small sore throat last nite, then in the middle of the night I woke up with it. I got a plugged nose, sore throat, coughing, headache, the chills then right to a fever, i get the occasional feeling of throwing up and then it disappears, and exhausted. I've been sleeping and doping myself up on medicine all day. I want this gone:flipoff2:

Flicktitty
02-14-2008, 12:17 AM
I got a small sore throat last nite, then in the middle of the night I woke up with it. I got a plugged nose, sore throat, coughing, headache, the chills then right to a fever, i get the occasional feeling of throwing up and then it disappears, and exhausted. I've been sleeping and doping myself up on medicine all day. I want this gone:flipoff2:

sounds like you have about the same thing as me. My buddy ryan is going on 2 weeks with having it. Liz (My Girlfriend has had a real minor case of it for about a week now)

Voodoo Chick
02-14-2008, 12:21 AM
It's just the current respiratory ailment....everyone has it, my husband has it, I have been feeling like I have a cold coming on for days, but it never quite catches. I know within a few days though, it will get me. Kinda funny, I always feel sh*tty like this while I'm reading a book about a super-plague...like "The Stand." Then I get all freaked out, lol. I'm sure we'll all be fine soon, especially when the weather gets nice, it'll cheer us up!

Voodoo Chick
02-14-2008, 12:27 AM
I forgot to add this in my last post, but this might make you feel a little better too, get some lipton tea-bags, bottled water, some lemons, and sugar cubes. Boil up the water real good, and brew a cup of tea with two bags instead of one, brew them for about 5-7 minutes, cut up a lemon, squeeze enough juice into the tea until it lightens to a noticeably lighter copper-color, add as many sugar cubes as taste good to you. Drink it slowly, and as many cups as you feel you can handle. It really helps, somehow. Or, for the brave souls out there, boil a few cups of red wine, add one sugar cube per cup, and some lemon juice. This was my Sicilian grandmother's cold remedy. Good luck, all.....

Flicktitty
02-14-2008, 12:29 AM
sounds ****ed up. But hell i might give it a go. we will see what tomarrow brings.

Knyghtmare
02-14-2008, 12:36 AM
I have been fighting to keep away the sickness for a while now. So far all i have got is a light cough... and hopefully that will be all. I work with kids though, and they get sick and spread germs like no other so its hard.

pickardracing
02-14-2008, 12:48 AM
Click here. (http://barbershopaids.ytmnd.com/)

slickwilly
02-14-2008, 12:53 AM
I'm getting there. :-/ Probably doesn't help that I'm averaging six hours of sleep a night.

Cutlass Queen
02-14-2008, 08:46 AM
sounds like you have about the same thing as me. My buddy ryan is going on 2 weeks with having it. Liz (My Girlfriend has had a real minor case of it for about a week now)

So I got no sleep last nite, I was up throughout the night coughing :mad:
Id prefer to stay home today again but I have too much goin on at school :(

xxtremeteam
02-14-2008, 08:55 AM
sounds like the upper respritory deal i had for a month go get antibotics it will help if its a upper respritory deal

Want_Notch
02-14-2008, 08:56 AM

I had that for about two weeks. It sucks.

LIZMO
02-14-2008, 09:35 AM
nickk iwas actually gonna make a threat saying tell flicktitty to feel better and stop being so sick!
but you kinda beat me to it. lol. i think you should try the tea method, even tho you hate tea!

Deggy
02-14-2008, 09:40 AM
I feel great.

*knocks on wood*

ND4SPD
02-14-2008, 09:56 AM
There's an RSV epidemic going around right now according to our daughter's pediatrician. Hit our daughter pretty hard last month and she (and the rest of us are still trying to get over it). You've probably got it too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respiratory_syncytial_virus

For adults it's pretty much just like a cold (rhinovirus) but it can be much more serious with infants and children.

scaleracer
02-14-2008, 10:03 AM
sounds like the upper respritory deal i had for a month go get antibotics it will help if its a upper respritory deal

exactly i went to the doctor monday because i missed friday and she said it was all respitory and kept me home til wednsday and i'm still sick today so i stayed home. and flick is right i had 2 days i felt fine also while i was on the meds! and i'm still taking the meds

y2kws6
02-14-2008, 10:11 AM
Almost the entire family has had it since last Saturday. Jacki had a 103.1 temp for three days, mine was 101+ same as the kids. The only one not affected is the infant.

Man I hate not being able to breath. I never get sick, but when I do it hits me hard.

We are suppose to have a ski trip this weekend.......

Dan

Flicktitty
02-14-2008, 10:42 AM
ND4SPD i'll see if i can get some when i go to the doctors. i know he is out of his office. Where is that ***** 2Slow tell him to get his dad to work.

Liz- yeah i know i'm trying to get better.

HRSEPLA
02-14-2008, 11:25 AM
I have has had this since Thanksgiving!
Won't go away cough,aches,fever,chills,nausea,headaches, then good for 1 day and then bad again! I have lost 14 lbs from it!
Doc put me on Antibiotics for walking Pneumonia on monday, still feel like crap today :-( ....be glad when its over!
-Tina

Cryptic
02-14-2008, 12:00 PM
I had that mess last week. Started Sunday night... by Friday I was better.
Afrin and humidifiers FTW

GinoRin
02-14-2008, 12:07 PM
I think I have this same garbage too. Went to bed last nite at 6pm sick as a dog and woke up at 11 today (Sleepin like 20 mins at a crack). Goin to the doc this afternoon to see what the f*ck is wrong. I hate winter.

Jsho13
02-14-2008, 12:21 PM

Sounds like the same shit I have. I have had the same cold for more than a month now. Last week I was finally feeling a lot better when Sunday rolled around it hit me like a train. I can't swallow without feeling pain in my throat. I keep coughing up phlegm. It feels like I have a big lump in the back of my throat. Eating and drinking anything is painful. I am constantly blowing my nose and have no energy or ambition to do anything besides lay in bed. I have never been this drained from a cold before but this sucks. I am taking Mucinex D and other cold medicines but nothing seems to help. I am going to the doctor tomorrow to see whats up.

ND4SPD
02-15-2008, 09:54 AM
Almost the entire family has had it since last Saturday. Jacki had a 103.1 temp for three days, mine was 101+ same as the kids. The only one not affected is the infant.

Dan, consider yourselves lucky that the baby didn't get it... ours did and we ended up having to give her nebulizer treatments for a couple of weeks so she could breathe. :(

ND4SPD i'll see if i can get some when i go to the doctors. i know he is out of his office. Where is that ***** 2Slow tell him to get his dad to work

Get some what? If you're referring to the anti-viral agent in the Wikipedia article... don't count on getting it. It's only given to the most serious cases and there are questions as to if it's even effective. You'll just have to let it run its course like any other cold or flu. But, going in and making sure you don't get (or have) a sinus infection probably isn't a bad idea.

Cutlass Queen
02-15-2008, 11:36 AM
So I passed out at 7:30pm last nite and woke up this morning sounding like a 13 yr old boy going through puberty. Everyday it has been getting worse so I took my miserable ass to the doctor. I'm waiting to hear back from them now.

WickedSix
02-15-2008, 12:07 PM
I have a feeling as soon as I get a break from school i'm gonna go under the weather.... a lil something seems to be hangin on and I woke up and coughed for 15 minutes this mornin.... not good :mad: